Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: As Y'all Know....  (Read 2395 times)

Wildrat

As Y'all Know....
« on: November 18, 2008, 11:15:42 AM »

As y'all know I was going to fix my wife's bike and it turned out it was me that was broke. We decided to go ahead and let the parts come in and install them at my leisure.  So last night Linda(wife) comes home from work. She says to me "I ordered something else when I ordered the parts, and it's going to help you with the bikes" I'm thinking OH NO, what now, She says I ordered a motorcycle lift.  She says it's a Titan, 1500 lb. cap, with the side extensions, and some other accessories. Do you all know anything about this lift?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 12:26:12 AM by hd-dude »

Wildrat

Re: As Y'all Know....
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 03:20:31 PM »

Anyone have this lift?

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 03:34:34 PM »

any more info than,

It's a Titan?

:nixweiss:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 03:40:27 PM »

You Don't Got Google???  :confused5:

http://www.titan-lifts.com/

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 03:50:58 PM »

I can't speak for the lift, as I don't have one,

But the wife is a KEEPER!  :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 03:57:10 PM »

She says I ordered a motorcycle lift.  She says it's a Titan, 1500 lb. cap, with the side extensions, and some other accessories.

I am pretty sure those words would never come out of my wife's mouth,

just be careful here you might be treading on dangerous ground. "never look a gift horse in the mouth"
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

screaminchickensrule

• Senior CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN CHICKENS RULE

• CVO1: 2007 SEUC ORANGE & BLACK
    • CVO2: 2006 SEUC BLACK & GREY
    • PREMIER AUTO AND CYCLE SALES
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 04:01:38 PM »

No kidding who cares if it is a piece of chit...  Take it and run!!! :drink: :drink:  Very thoughtful of the wife.
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.  ~Author Unknown

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 04:12:05 PM »

You could always piss her off and tell her after some research you found a better one.

Even I would not dare try that, and I have been known to pull some FOPAH's in the past
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 04:12:59 PM »

That's very similar to what we have at home.

The model we have is one that I think they use in the motorcycle shops. Brian loves it.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 04:26:42 PM »

PS never let her read this thread.
Formally FLHTCUSE3

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 06:08:43 PM »

Took a look at ours when I got home from work and it is also 1,000 maximum and it's grey in color, no orange. I couldn't find the name of the manufacturer, it's not jacked up so it must be underneath the lift. We like it though.

REGGAB

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 07:21:26 PM »

Took a look at ours when I got home from work and it is also 1,000 maximum and it's grey in color, no orange. I couldn't find the name of the manufacturer, it's not jacked up so it must be underneath the lift. We like it though.

Sounds like you're describing a Handy Lift, Kathy.  I have their S.A.M. 1000, and am very pleased with it.  Can't believe I went as long as I did without one.

Wildrat

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 07:32:11 PM »

I am sure it will be fine. Linda usually researches things fairly well, but I am the worker, so she may miss some of the finer points like it has a 1500 lb cap but only if a fork lift is holding up. My Google is fine and have been to the site, and yes they the manufacturer tells me that it is best,the greatest, the most magnificent lift ever made. I kinda figure it's a good idea to ask people here whom I trust to a certain point and ask them  if they have used the lift and get their opinion. I'm sure it will be just fine and much better than what I have to do now when I need to do something to the bike below the gas tank, which is usually laying on the ground, or sitting on the ground with a wall behind me to support my back so I don't flop over backwards. Linda or Old Bat as I affectionately call her, I won't say what she calls me, but she has covered most forms of certain words at times, any way she says it's this one: http://www.titan-lifts.com/products/view/1_500_lb_heavy_duty_lift. I found the PDF manual on the Titan site so I will glance at it. I would still like to know from anyone who has used or looked at this particular lift. Pretty much I just want to know if it is as sturdy as they say and not some wobbly lift holding my bike in the air. Maybe I will just bolt it to the floor.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 07:42:49 PM »

I can't speak for the lift, as I don't have one,

But the wife is a KEEPER!  :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:

Ditto that. Does she wrench too.  :nixweiss:   ;D
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

REGGAB

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 07:48:51 PM »

Looks like a nice lift.  Really like that 43" raised height too.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 20 queries.