Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: xm radio  (Read 2030 times)

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
xm radio
« on: August 24, 2005, 10:09:17 PM »

does anyone have an portable xm radio on their bike? if so what antenna do you use? and mount? van g

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
Re: xm radio
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 06:35:52 AM »

The best looking one is made by J&M.  It's a windshield 3 pouch setup that uses the center pouch for the XM roadie to plug in. All wires are hidden and looks factory. I put it on a E-Glide and loved it. A little pricey, but I didn't care for the handlebar mount stuff. I think the site is www.jmcorp.com   [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

Scrrem

• Full CVO Member
  • 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 07:10:30 AM »

vanamal, I have an Delphi MyFi mounted on my SEEG.  Had to purchase a handlebar mount, but unit has it's own internal antenna. I do loose signal in some places with a lot of hills but unit has 5 hours of record capability too.  I can take a picture tonight and post if you like.

05yellowse

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 10:56:51 AM »

[smiley=worthless.gif]  Retail price?Good place to purchase?

h2o-man

• Ride it like ya stole it!!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 11:24:50 AM »

I had an XM on my 02 Ultra. I attached the swivel mount on a HD mike mount on the left handlebar side. While in Laconia, I found a bracket that attached to the underside of the mike mount and allowed for a flat surface that pointed directly to the sky. I used the lighter for power and put the antennae on the flat surface and stuffed the 50 ft of wire under the whole mess. Was clean, no visible wires and the radio picked up marvelously. Just picked up my 06 SE Ultra with the integrated XM and don't really care where the antennae is. It works flawlessly.

Scrrem

• Full CVO Member
  • 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 02:44:29 PM »

The mount I used for my Delphi MyFi was from Cyle Gadets and the chrome verson (HG-30997C) ran $75.00.  

http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/product.asp?Item=HG

Will take picture tonight and post.  [smiley=cherry.gif]

ParrotHD

• Bikes & Buffett...Life is Good!!!
    • IL
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 04:31:49 PM »

I've got an XM Roady II on my ride.  Got a polished, ball-milled billett aluminum radar detector handlebar mount for the Roady, tucked all of the wires in the fairing and put the satellite antenna (magnetic) on the tank.  It works pretty well until my big body blocks the antenna.

I would like to see how and where they do the antenna on the '06 so I can do that for mine.
2004 SE Electra Glide, Hannigan Transformer Trike conversion, XM Radio, King TourPack, Memphis Shades Gradient Black 12" shield, Hoppe lowers vents, Freedom Pipes and PC package, Mustang Seat, Kuryakyn grips and highway pegs.

lugnut

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005, 07:41:12 PM »

lugnut

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2005, 07:42:01 PM »

lugnut

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2005, 07:46:08 PM »

Can mont to the brake or clutch resivor.

SERYDER

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2005, 11:50:30 AM »

I Use SIRIUS sat. radio in all my rides. Same thing really. I stole this idea from a dresser I saw on the way to Sturgis last year. works great.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, take a CB MIC. mount and install it on the left side.  
I put my "Cradle" as close to to grips as I could tollerate and drilled two holes in the mic mount, and screwed the cradle to it. I ran all the wires (Ant included) through the Clutch cable hole in the fairing.

The Antenna is a "magnetic mouse" and I laid it on the top of the radio under the fairing.    note.. the antenna works fine from under the fairing. you'll find "most" installs today the mouse is placed inside the rear wind-screen of cars, I ride the SIERRAS alot and have not lost the signal.

I've used the cig. lighter for power. (personally did not want to cut/splice any wires)

I've run a wire to the front AUX jack of the radio using a 3' wire & 2 right angle jacks purchased from radioshack for about 4 bucks each. Be sure any wires or ends you purchase are STEREO.  (YUP, found that one out the ol' hard way.)

Sorry, I dont have a digatal camera.........  Good luck
04 FLHTCSE Blue
01 FLTRI W/ 95ci SE top end
51 Pan
74 NORTON 850 Commando "HI-RIDER"

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2005, 01:14:48 PM »

Can mont to the brake or clutch resivor.

Looks great Lugnut!! I have thought about getting that mount but was concerned about the unit when it rained. Any problems?

abajon

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2005, 03:01:51 AM »

I put a roady on my bike with the stock antenna behind the fairing.  It is magnetic so i made a bracket.  It works great.  I move it to my other vehicles when I am not riding.  

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 14 years and still got her
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2005, 01:10:18 AM »

Mounted my Sirius in the tour pack. Wired power to the accessory switch so I can turn it on and off. But can't change channels cause it in the tour pack. Like the handle bar mount you have here.
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
6 speed tranny,regeared primary and secondary,
SE slip on pipes, K&M Kit, remap ECM
Chrome - inner primary, starter, front calipers, thunderstar sprocket, headlamp and signal light trim, all chrome bolt kits
L

Page created in 0.32 seconds with 24 queries.