Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Ordered mastertune and want fatcat exhaust. Who has best price on fatcats?  (Read 2234 times)

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)

Well I ordered the Mastertune today from Doc.  He is in AZ this week (lucky dog) so it won't come 'till probably late next week.  No big deal though :wall:!  I decided on D&D Fatcats with the quiet baffle for the exhaust and I have the Big Sucker already.  Who has the best price on the fatcat system?  www.easternperformance.com has it for $714 delivered.  Is there a better price out there? 
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Ordered mastertune and want fatcat exhaust. Who has best price on fatcats?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 07:19:39 PM »

Well I ordered the Mastertune today from Doc.  He is in AZ this week (lucky dog) so it won't come 'till probably late next week.  No big deal though :wall:!  I decided on D&D Fatcats with the quiet baffle for the exhaust and I have the Big Sucker already.  Who has the best price on the fatcat system?  www.easternperformance.com has it for $714 delivered.  Is there a better price out there? 

Good price! Try M & M. If not as good, just do it!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 08:30:33 PM »

Last year and again in March of this year the cheapest I found was AMS.  Worth a try at: 1-800-210-8675

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 12:25:18 AM »

I've just started looking into Fat Cats myself. Found them listed for $610 to $629 depending on baffles. $25 for shipping. The web page is www.hdpipes.com. I've have not done business with them but it is the best price I have found so far.

I also have to determine if I need the Fat Cat with the quiet big bore baffle or the Boarzilla with the quiet baffle. I am worried the Boarzilla will be too loud! If I could get the early tq dip out of my Rinehart TD I'd just stay with them.

JW

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 11:21:25 AM »

BlackDiamond check with Hogasm he has the Borzilla on Bessy his B/B SEEG with the 124 motor and can give you first hand feedback on the borzilla :)   imo it is a great pipe, but WAY too loud, would use if looking for top end numbers.  Have not heard the Borzilla with the ?? quiet baffle ??

Would suggest the FatCat with performance baffle ~~ still loud.  I know a few bikes with Jim's 120's with this setup and they run great.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 01:33:11 PM »

Last year and again in March of this year the cheapest I found was AMS.  Worth a try at: 1-800-210-8675

They always seem to be the cheapest and they are just down the road from D&D I believe.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 01:44:36 PM »

They always seem to be the cheapest and they are just down the road from D&D I believe.

They mentioned the companies were neighbors when I spoke with them.  Wonder if they still use UPS for delivery?

Sure were an easy company to work with.  Information was no problem.  Friendly.  Free freight (built in to price of course).  And good price.  Were a vendor you like to use.

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 04:29:43 PM »

Called AMS, they were better than eastern at $669 + $20 shipping.  www.hdpipes.com was even better at $610 delivered.  I emailed them to ask if they were in stock.  That almost seems too cheap, not giving me a warm fuzzy.  The guys at AMS were really nice and knowledgable.  I don't mind paying a little more for good service.  Has anyone used these guys at www.hdpipes.com and can give me feedback? 

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 04:49:24 PM »

Jbbrown73
I have not used them. I only found them while surfing. I am not endorsing them...just passing on what I found. Could you see if AMS will price match?

JW

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 06:32:25 PM »

I looked on the website some more, and found that shipping is $25.  So, actually the price was $635.  I will call AMS and see if they would price match, that's a good idea.  I really liked the guy that I talked too.  He has heard all of them and was a good reference.  I didn't get his name, I'm a dumb@ss sometimes.

BADBUD

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Lucy, 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: Lilly, 1962 Triumph Bonneville
    • Screw with me and you screw with the WHOLE trailer park
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 07:10:38 PM »

I bought my Fat Cat Sept. 12 of this year from AMS $619.00 shipped. Man I love that pipe!!!!!!!! Great customer service.

Bud
I hate drunks when I'm sober----------
and sobers when I'm drunk.

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 09:57:13 PM »

My Fatcat came in today and I am impressed.  The workmanship of the pipe and the chrome is fantastic.  The hardware is very good, and it has the flanges.  It appears to me to be a better made product than the Bub's or VH pipes I've had.  It was put together from the factory, with the heat shields on it ready to just bolt on.  I can't wait to put it on.  I ordered it from www.hdpipes.com and it was shipped straight from D&D.  I ordered last Friday and got it today (Wednesday).  It came in a nice big box with lots of packing material.  So far I'm very impressed with D&D.  My Matertune should be here any day from Doc.  Merry Christmas to me.  I just hope my wife doesn't realize how much I spent on this stuff, she will be expecting something "good" for Christmas.   :o :o :o

tmitchellofpg

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 10:17:11 AM »

I put a Fat Cat, with quiet baffle, on my SE Fat Boy, a couple of days ago. I prefitted the muffler, to the pipes, on my living floor, to see how it fit. With the muffler fully in place there was still at least a 3/8" gap to the pipes heat shields. This left the welded area exposed. I loosened all the heat shield brackets and used a rubber mallet to tap on the collector end of the header pipes. Now there is hardly any gap and you cannot see the weld. It also gave me the maximum amount of room, where the heat shield is notched for clearance, for the aft cylinder upper flange nut. I still had a real hard time getting that nut started. The 6 flat washers that came with the hardware were 5/16" instead of 3/8".
I am happy with the fit,finish,sound and performance.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 11:52:35 AM »

I put a Fat Cat, with quiet baffle, on my SE Fat Boy, a couple of days ago. I prefitted the muffler, to the pipes, on my living floor, to see how it fit. With the muffler fully in place there was still at least a 3/8" gap to the pipes heat shields. This left the welded area exposed. I loosened all the heat shield brackets and used a rubber mallet to tap on the collector end of the header pipes. Now there is hardly any gap and you cannot see the weld. It also gave me the maximum amount of room, where the heat shield is notched for clearance, for the aft cylinder upper flange nut. I still had a real hard time getting that nut started. The 6 flat washers that came with the hardware were 5/16" instead of 3/8".
I am happy with the fit,finish,sound and performance.

First time i have seen these on a Soft Tail.. Very nice.  :2vrolijk_21:

tmitchellofpg

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 01:43:33 PM »

First time i have seen these on a Soft Tail.. Very nice.  :2vrolijk_21:
Thanks,
Tom
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 24 queries.