Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: What Personal Name Have You Given Your Bikes?  (Read 26911 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: What Personal Name Have You Given Your Bikes?
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2008, 02:35:53 PM »

Always try to have plenty of cigars and beverages ready.  Its mostly just the wheels, they are such a pain in the arse to polish.
Polish wheels..... what's that?? :confused5: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

I have never put polish on my wheels. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2008, 02:36:21 PM »

You can't take anything serious I say during detailing.  Who (other than d00d) likes detailing.  The mirror was aftermarket, and I was the idiot that put the cheap POS item on Raquel in the first place.

The chances of me trading my bike in to those guys is lower than H-D's stock price right now.  I think they are seriously hurting out there.  I have never been impressed with their ability to actually run a business.  Being really busy and making great margins covers a lot of sins.

I hate to see them suffer.  If for no other reason than a lot of people around here rely on them.  It's also not as if Scott and Nancy intend for the mistakes to happen that they seem so prone to.  They certainly don't sanction carelessness and, occasionally, ineptitude.

The parts counter is a good one there.  Everyone there is helpful, generally informed and cares what they're doing.  The boutique I don't know a thing about.  Parker buys a little stuff there.  But it's not my thing.  The service department is what suffers the rare air.  My own repetitive, extreme, simply stupid and/or jaw droppingly careless errors suffered there over the course of (literally) years one might try and chalk up one guy being the statistical anomaly that allows everyone else to get by ok.  But your history there, Mobe's from this site with his repetitive damaged paint issues, and too many others I know of (past and present) illuminate the fact that try as they might their problems are systemic.   

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2008, 02:48:54 PM »

Polish wheels..... what's that?? :confused5: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

I have never put polish on my wheels. :nixweiss:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

You can't be serious.  I am a site junky, I've been brain washed to apply glare to the wheels at least 4 times a year.   :apple:

I hate to see them suffer.  If for no other reason than a lot of people around here rely on them.  It's also not as if Scott and Nancy intend for the mistakes to happen that they seem so prone to.  They certainly don't sanction carelessness and, occasionally, ineptitude.

The parts counter is a good one there.  Everyone there is helpful, generally informed and cares what they're doing.  The boutique I don't know a thing about.  Parker buys a little stuff there.  But it's not my thing.  The service department is what suffers the rare air.  My own repetitive, extreme, simply stupid and/or jaw droppingly careless errors suffered there over the course of (literally) years one might try and chalk up one guy being the statistical anomaly that allows everyone else to get by ok.  But your history there, Mobe's from this site with his repetitive damaged paint issues, and too many others I know of (past and present) illuminate the fact that try as they might their problems are systemic.  

Your right Don.  I certainly don't mean for my sour grapes to sound like I wish them ill will, I certainly don't.  I actually like most of the sales guys and enjoy going out there and visiting with them.  I don't have any issues with the parts department either.  Its not there fault that I can get those parts cheaper on line.  But that service department... :nervous:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2008, 02:50:28 PM »

You can't be serious.  I am a site junky, I've been brain washed to apply glare to the wheels at least 4 times a year.   :apple:

Sure am. Just wash them (with H-D Wheel Cleaner), wipe them dry, a little window cleaner on paper towel to remove spots and ride. :nixweiss:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2008, 03:08:16 PM »

Sure am. Just wash them (with H-D Wheel Cleaner), wipe them dry, a little window cleaner on paper towel to remove spots and ride. :nixweiss:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try.  I still can't believe the manual says to apply sealant once a week.   :nixweiss:  I don't even get that poor neglected bike washed once a week.   :bananarock:

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2008, 10:33:08 AM »

HI-O-Silver----AK,s 09 SERG
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2008, 03:56:49 PM »

Besides "The 4-Speed", "My Real Bike", or "Rainmaker", we just gave my Reborn '85 FXWG another name yesterday, after Vern fired her new 110 Evo mill up for the first time, during our first snow storm! She's now also called "Snowmaker"!!! New motor, new generation, new name!!!  ??? ;D ;D ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2008, 05:20:51 PM »

Im a little late chiming in but my Roadking is Roxanne. Ill need to spend some time with the new one before she gets a name.
a.k.a  Dent Dude

Spider Pig

• CVO1: 2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2009, 08:04:54 PM »

I just call it Serg..... of course.... this is coming from a person who named their 3 Jack Russells Jack, Russell and Parson.... go figure.  :confused5:

Abbynormal

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 yellow
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2009, 11:27:23 PM »

My FXR4 is "the Cat", because she is so nimble and quick.
Mike's hot-rod 03 Sportster is "La Chula", which is Spanish for pretty little girl.
The 03 SERK is "Tigger", cause she is striped and growls, but friendly.
The Heritage softail was "Queen Latifa (the Queen)" because she is big, black, and has LOTS of bling.

So, there ya are! We are a bunch of sickos......

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2009, 03:42:06 AM »

I just call it Serg..... of course.... this is coming from a person who named their 3 Jack Russells Jack, Russell and Parson.... go figure.  :confused5:

Parson?  Ok, I'll bite.  What's the derivation? 

I've got a cat named Lincoln Garfield McKinley.  Named after assassinated Presidents of the United States for whom the fact of their assassination did not demonstrably raise their historical standing from what it otherwise should have been.  But I'm not weird or anything.  The bikes have very novel names too though.  The red bike and the other red bike.  But I'm not weird or anything.  Not redundant either.  Also not a little bit drunk.  So?  Parsons?

cyril

• I
  • Elite CVO Member
  • If it ain`t broke keep fixin it till it is !
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2009, 03:57:28 AM »

I had a Suzuki GT380 triple two stroke, with kick sart in 1972 /3 loved the bike but when the centre cylinder plug oiled up and it wouldn`t start i had a whole list of pet names for the bike that i better not post on this site, i wouldn`t want to give you guys a bad influence . i used to heat the plug on a gas burner put it back in and bingo... never failed
If it aint broke keep fixin it till it is

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2009, 08:33:49 AM »

Well, the CVO ( B/B SEEG) started out being called the SpydGlide, but when we started assigned fruit names to the early CVO's I called it Huckleberry (much to the dismay of Jamie...har!) and my ole softail Special is affectionally called Ole Granny, 'cause she's just so much fun to ride and just comfortable.  ;D spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

oj greene

• OJ

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2009, 07:19:25 PM »

my 86 sportster  Little Black B...ch Bike   mostly to thumb y nose at those ignorant people who think a sporty is a girls bike
the FL is Miss Kitty  after Miss Kitty of gunsmoke fame 
the 06 ROAD GLIDE is Rhodie
The SERG (delivery date Feb 15) I will name after I get to know her

OJ
68 FL
72 XLCH
86 XLH
06 FLTRI  for sale
09 FLTRSE3

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2009, 07:43:42 PM »

Well, the CVO ( B/B SEEG) started out being called the SpydGlide, but when we started assigned fruit names to the early CVO's I called it Huckleberry (much to the dismay of Jamie...har!) and my ole softail Special is affectionally called Ole Granny, 'cause she's just so much fun to ride and just comfortable;D spyder

Ummm, not gonna ask how you know that Spyd....ewwwwww.   ::) :P

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 25 queries.