Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: GPS NAV system audio turn by turn question  (Read 645 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
GPS NAV system audio turn by turn question
« on: December 07, 2008, 07:56:24 PM »

I finally tried out my NAV system.  I had it on with the CD in, and listening to the radio.  I noticed that each time there was a turn coming up, the music would cut out, but I heard nothing during the cut out.  I am assuming that it cuts out the music and tells you that a turn is coming.  Is there something that I need to do to be able to hear the turn by turn directions?  I was listening through the bike speakers, not headphones.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: GPS NAV system audio turn by turn question
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 08:00:51 PM »

I finally tried out my NAV system.  I had it on with the CD in, and listening to the radio.  I noticed that each time there was a turn coming up, the music would cut out, but I heard nothing during the cut out.  I am assuming that it cuts out the music and tells you that a turn is coming.  Is there something that I need to do to be able to hear the turn by turn directions?  I was listening through the bike speakers, not headphones.

Check to make sure that your Nav volume is turned up, or that your speaker switch is in the right position.  Depending how the speaker switch is position, the Nav voice will only come through the helmet speakers...there are three positions to the speaker switch.  External speakers, both radio and nav; External speakers radio, nav headset; and external speakers off, nav and radio on headset.  Check those two things and you'll probably find your culprit.   :2vrolijk_21:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Re: GPS NAV system audio turn by turn question
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 08:07:09 PM »

Cool.  I'll try changing the speaker setting the next time the weather here is ride worthy.  I made it home 5 minutes before the streets were covered in white yesterday.  It was about 20 degrees here yesterday, and I rode most of the day.  A group of us also rode in a Christmas parade yesterday, and with my heated gear, I don't know which was overheated more...me or my engine.  Anyway, back the GPS...I can't really test it out without riding, so it could be next week or 3 months from now, when we get another day with nice clear roads.

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 24 queries.