Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Got a 6spd for my Fatboy  (Read 1419 times)

flynhigh205

• Junior CVO Member
Got a 6spd for my Fatboy
« on: December 12, 2008, 02:04:44 PM »

I think I got a smoking deal on this. Brand new Screamin Eagle 6 Spd silver and chrome in the box still for 1,500.  I now alot of people say the 6spd isnt neccessary,  but I do alot of highway miles.  I dont get very good gas mileage either, when I get over 150 miles its time to look for a station.  About 180 forget it Im out.  I was going to do the gears but I saw this on ebay for 2,000 and offered him 1,500 and he took it.  It came from a Harley dealer. My question is, is it that hard to install this on my bike? Do I need any special tools?  I am new to the site I have a post in rider down section(why 88 yr olds shouldnt be driving).  So this spring Ill have 6 gears to get through.  Love the site, cant believe it took me this long to find a site just for CVO owners..

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
Re: Got a 6spd for my Fatboy
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 05:42:00 PM »

I think I got a smoking deal on this. Brand new Screamin Eagle 6 Spd silver and chrome in the box still for 1,500.  I now alot of people say the 6spd isnt neccessary,  but I do alot of highway miles.  I dont get very good gas mileage either, when I get over 150 miles its time to look for a station.  About 180 forget it Im out.  I was going to do the gears but I saw this on ebay for 2,000 and offered him 1,500 and he took it.  It came from a Harley dealer. My question is, is it that hard to install this on my bike? Do I need any special tools?  I am new to the site I have a post in rider down section(why 88 yr olds shouldnt be driving).  So this spring Ill have 6 gears to get through.  Love the site, cant believe it took me this long to find a site just for CVO owners..

flynhigh,

Like you said, there is nothing wrong with a 6 speed (I've got the Baker DD6, it's one of my favourite mods) But dude if you need to ask the questions you just asked & since you got a great deal on the 6 speed I strongly suggest you spend some more of your hard earned $ & have it installed at your dealer or any good Harley repair shop.
It involves removing the complete primary drive system, exhaust, seat, battery, rear wheel, oil tank, starter, etc. Not to mention you will need new trans oil (REDLINE HEAVY SHOCK PROOF, highly recommended) & engine oil (MOBIL 1 V-TWIN, highly recommended)

see attached pics

Cheers
Aussie
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 05:45:38 PM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
Re: Got a 6spd for my Fatboy
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 05:44:21 PM »

Oil line removal tool not included in picture!

Cheers
Aussie

FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 24 queries.