Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: What do you suggest for a clean " fat ass " ?  (Read 10926 times)

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
Re: What do you suggest for a clean " fat ass " ?
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2008, 02:53:43 AM »

This is what I did to my Canadian edition.  If you are changing the fender to the US version don't forget to change the signals also.  (Go from yellow to red)  There is also a wiring harness necessary.  I priced the modification before I bought the kuryakyn led light and it was over 1K  OUCH  As Bribe says "I can't see the lite when I am riding anyway"  and  more lights to notify the cagers the better. 

This looks very good to me , i am getting used to this idea .
So your stock rear-light wasn`t a LED , it was a red lens with a clear bulb ?
And your stock turn-signals have been LED with black lens and yellow LEDs ?
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2008, 03:18:54 AM »

This is what I did to my Canadian edition.  If you are changing the fender to the US version don't forget to change the signals also.  (Go from yellow to red)  There is also a wiring harness necessary.  I priced the modification before I bought the kuryakyn led light and it was over 1K  OUCH  As Bribe says "I can't see the lite when I am riding anyway"  and  more lights to notify the cagers the better. 
There is quite a mixup in the suggestions posted, not only on this one.
- The Canadian version looks the same as the other HDI versions, however Canadian license plates are the almost same as U.S.
- Replacing the fender with U.S. parts just to avoid any holes where the original rear light was mounted is overkill. One can get the fender painted for a fraction of the cost.
- German license plates are huge. And this, regarding to the original question of the "clean fat ass" the main obstacle, not the color of the turn signals.
- Turn signals in Europe are mostly yellow, no need to find red LED's for them.
- LED's can be bought for the rear light from H-D. They are the same size as the lamps with bulbs, however.
- The rear lights can be had in red, clear, grey, always with LED's to match and get the same (red) result.
- Moving the license plate higher is an option, however we need to see it on the actual bike, not on a regular Touring bike.
- We do not know yet (at least I don't) if the SERG appear in Europe with separate lights for the illumination of the license plate and the rear light. Usually that is combined.
- An option would be to install a license plate illumination using a tiny LED. Or forgo it completely, as I have done.
- The rear light can be changed into a small LED light, which can be integrated into the fender (not mounted on the surface). That would be the cleanest look, requires painting of the fender, however.

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2008, 04:08:31 AM »

German license plates are huge. And this, regarding to the original question of the "clean fat ass" the main obstacle!

i guess u will have to wait till ur baby arrives, so u can offer up the huge license plate to decide on the best position to mount it, if u remove the european brake light to install the license plate holder with intergrated rear light u can fill the holes with lil chrome plugs or colour match the plugs as a temporary/permanent solution till ur sure which way to go!

What happens when its time for periodic TUV prufung, would u have to put the EU brake light back on or is that time to trade in the bike?

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2008, 05:02:16 AM »

The best : wait till the bike is here and look for a solution or cheap : forget it ( like Louis wrote ) ,
Yes , haha , making mods like a devil and before 2 years have gone trade it because of the TÜV , Muhuhuhahha .

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 SE Fat Boy
    • CVO2: Blown 150HP 09 SE Road Glide
    • CVO3: No need to go further!
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2008, 09:24:13 PM »

Less is best. Kuryakyn Wrap around Plate frame and smoked lay-ed back tail lamp. It's all how you accessorize.
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2009, 12:56:20 AM »

Finally i changed it to this version , not perfect but acceptable , maybe the winter brings a better idea :

NVWLDTHG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 CVO™ Road Glide® - FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 2004 R1200CL (Chromehead)
    • CVO3: 1979 R100RT (Airhead)
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2009, 09:31:02 AM »

No clue on that. Maybe someone with a US SERG3 and a SERG3 Parts Manual can look up the P/N and check the pricing w/Jenni! ;)

Hoist! 8)
FYI,

Domestic Rear Fender Silver 59669-09CZB
HDI Rear Fender Silver 59670-09CZB

ZANOTTIMOTOR price lists both at $480.48 USD plus S&H

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2010, 04:26:30 AM »

thx for the numbers , will keep them in my mind .
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 20 queries.