Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  All

Author Topic: Share your first bike Photo - When it began for you...  (Read 22629 times)

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
Re: Share your first bike Photo - When it began for you...
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2009, 12:34:16 AM »

My first bike was a vivid black 1994 XL1200 Sportster that I bought in 1996. No pictures, though, because I crashed in an unmarked, off-camber, 180-degree hairpin turn three weeks after I bought it. Took me a year and a half to fully recover from that one. The Sporty was a total loss.

Below is my second bike, a 2005 XL1200C Sportster Custom that I bought in May of 2005. This picture was taken after I passed it on to my wife so I could trade her 2004 XL883C for my first touing bike a 2005 FLTRI Road Glide. The pipes and windshield you see here were added *after* she took the bike.

cyril

• I
  • Elite CVO Member
  • If it ain`t broke keep fixin it till it is !
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2009, 02:01:00 AM »

Bought this in 1972 for £40.00  Norton navigator 350 (nightmare) it was called around 1960 built. sold it to a guy who bought on behalf of his brother for work transport.. Trouble was he never told me had never ridden a motorcycle consequently he lept off the bike before he hit a wall sending sparks up from the concrete road bent the footpeg and handlebars and he had to push it home.
If it aint broke keep fixin it till it is

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2009, 09:30:42 AM »

This isn't my bike but it's pretty close to the 1978 Honda CB750K with a Vetter Windjammer SS fairing I bought used with my high school grad money.  I rode that bike everywhere!  I had a luggage rack but no bags or TP.

"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2009, 09:39:55 AM »

I traded the CB750K in on a used Honda Goldwing GL1100 Interstate.  I forget if it was an '81 or '82.  This is what it looked like.  Mine was burgundy.  I need to find some photos and post actuals....

"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2009, 09:52:19 AM »

75 400f...I only weighed about 200 pounds then...still have it but look like a gorilla attemptig a sex act on it...I need to sell it...have lots of spare parts...

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2009, 09:55:09 AM »

75 400f...I only weighed about 200 pounds then...still have it but look like a gorilla attemptig a sex act on it...I need to sell it...have lots of spare parts...

:worthless: without you on it!!! ??? ::) :P ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2009, 09:55:57 AM »

Ok mofo, I'll get one Sunday...the poor lil thing is out in the trailer.

70_GTX

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2009, 09:59:17 AM »

My brothers first new bike was a 400F but it was red and he still has it but has been stored in terrible conditons. It would not even be a good parts donor. He started on a used 750 Honda.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2009, 09:59:58 AM »

Ok mofo, I'll get one Sunday...the poor lil thing is out in the trailer.

HeHe!!! I just hope it doesn't make WT_H's pic look GOOD!!! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2009, 10:01:21 AM »

:D :P

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2009, 10:52:17 AM »

:worthless: without you on it!!! ??? ::) :P ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)
I would be able to take this picture.... :P

sleepybare

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 CVO ULTRA
« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2009, 02:13:15 PM »

This picture was taken in 1968 and is my second bike, its a 74 inch pan,  the first one was a knuckle which looked a great deal like this but it was stolen shortly after it was completed. This bike was built in my garage with the help of my friend Steve who was the main wrench and welder, the front legs were stretched 4 inches, most of the sheet metal was fabricated, and there is limited bondo on the bike every part was brazed and ground smooth so there would be no pop outs in the future. For you old timers out there the paint was Emron which is not been legal to spray here in Calif. for years. The bike was  built out of pieces salvaged through my friends. I think then entire investment was about $3500.00 at the time. I am in the back in this picture and the individual in the front is my best friend Randy who I have known since we were 13. We are now both 61 and still ride together. I never thought a thing when I sold this but now I wish I could have it back. I guess we never know how much we will really miss things till they are gone.....

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2009, 02:17:22 PM »

Yepper Bare, I often wondered where all cool those ol chops went..I loved em as a kid.... ;) ;D

Brinks

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Silver/Blue
    • CVO2: 2008 SERK Annie
« Reply #118 on: January 09, 2009, 02:48:10 PM »

This picture was taken in 1968 and is my second bike, its a 74 inch pan,  the first one was a knuckle which looked a great deal like this but it was stolen shortly after it was completed. This bike was built in my garage with the help of my friend Steve who was the main wrench and welder, the front legs were stretched 4 inches, most of the sheet metal was fabricated, and there is limited bondo on the bike every part was brazed and ground smooth so there would be no pop outs in the future. For you old timers out there the paint was Emron which is not been legal to spray here in Calif. for years. The bike was  built out of pieces salvaged through my friends. I think then entire investment was about $3500.00 at the time. I am in the back in this picture and the individual in the front is my best friend Randy who I have known since we were 13. We are now both 61 and still ride together. I never thought a thing when I sold this but now I wish I could have it back. I guess we never know how much we will really miss things till they are gone.....

Looks like a couple of Bad A$$'s to me.... :2vrolijk_21:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #119 on: January 09, 2009, 03:11:28 PM »

Sleepy, as it engraved too, the molding work looks great...man o man find some pics will ya..
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  All

Page created in 0.324 seconds with 24 queries.