Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  All

Author Topic: Share your first bike Photo - When it began for you...  (Read 22465 times)

Eagle Soars

• Full CVO Member
  • formerly known as "UpChuck82"

• CVO1: '09 FLHTCUSE4 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
Re: Share your first bike Photo - When it began for you...
« Reply #135 on: March 03, 2009, 01:02:41 AM »

We had a few minibikes when I was little.  My dumbarse older brothers talked my dad into letting me ride one when I was 4 or 5.  We had a pretty long concrete driveway (100'+) that was "L" shaped at the end to turn into the garages.  The yard was past the "L' with no curb and had a SOLID steel clothesline pole just off the end of the concrete.........you guessed it, I ran smack into the pole cause I didn't know how to brake and panicked  :-X :'( :nervous: :o

The brothers were laughin' their butts off while I cried all the way to mommy!   :'(

We later had a Suzuki 185 dirt bike when I was 14-17.  I met my now (and only) wife on her 15th birthday when I was 15.  Since I couldn't drive yet, I'd take the bike to see her about 8 miles away takin the backroads, etc.  At night she'd hold a flashlight to see since it had no lights, otherwise no lights at night at all.  A buddy was already 16 and had a car so we'd double date with her setting him up with various friends (until she ran out :huepfenlol2:).

When I was 17, my 20 year old brother was near death from an accident on a honda 650? (not sure).  Had brain surgery and was in a coma for a few days.  Staples all across the side of his skull.  It really stuck with me.   :nervous:  Because of that, I never had a desire to ride again, although we'd had a blast up to that point.  But we were young and stupid.

Several years ago, about 23 years later, HE bought a Harley and started riding again.  I still swore it off, and he knew this was because of him.  After more and more of my friends and 2 of 3 brothers were riding, I got the itch.  I figured if he can ride again, and it was because of him I wouldn't ride, then screw it I want to ride again too.

I had a friend help educate me on Harleys, went with me to dealerships, etc.  It was narrowed down to a new Heritage Softail or a new Ultra.  My wife is a gal that will NEVER ride her own bike, just won't, so we decided on the '07 Ultra for maximum comfort to get her to ride with me more often.  Kept it a secret from my brother the whole time.

Once I got it, and after the safety course, the same buddy and I rode out one Sunday morning to my brother's house and he heard us ride up and park so he came outside.  He recognized our buddy, and started asking who was with him.  I took off my 3/4 helmet and he about fell on the ground....priceless! :bananarock:

Here was my first (owned) baby:
2009 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
Arlen Ness Big Sucker (Chrome Backplate) w/ KN Filter
SERT
SE Slip-Ons
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  All

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 24 queries.