Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Evo Hoist Bobber! A New Build From Old Parts!!!  (Read 46258 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Evo Hoist Bobber! A New Build From Old Parts!!!
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2009, 03:18:57 PM »

Here's an interesting Dyna Frankie was working on. Artie's in the background. He's the shop wiring guru!

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 03:36:11 PM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2009, 03:19:44 PM »

Hard to tell with the lighting, but excellent old school paint job on it!

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2009, 03:20:22 PM »

Last one of the Dyna! Other side! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2009, 03:32:22 PM »

So now we're figuring on what to do with the exhaust. The frame is a replica HD Wishbone frame, setup to fit an Evo. But that's all that's setup for the Evo. No provisions for mounting an Evo style exhaust. I'm using the old Cycle Shack M Pipes from my '85 FXWG. That uses a large rear bracket, which would normally mount to the frame and pick up both mufflers at the rear. This frame is nowhere close to allowing the bracket to attach to the frame. Vern's thinking of either welding it to the frame. But I'd rather not have it at all. So now he's looking at fabricating some tabs and brackets at the exhaust attaching points only, so ya barely see any mounting bracketry. I like that idea. :2vrolijk_21:

I think I like the 16" front wheel on it too. We'll make the final call after we get the 3-1/2" under fork tubes on it first. You can see with the bike in the air, how much lower the front wheel is compared to the rear. That's why we need the shorter fork tubes. Then it'll sit level, and nice and low! We still have to weld some tabs for the shocks for the hinged solo Jammer seat I'm planning on running on this. The gas tank's not setup yert. I want that "Frisco'd" up so the bottom is parallel with the backbone. But it's getting close now. After all the welding's done, we can take it apart and send the frame out for powder coating! Can't wait now!!! ;)

It ain't a motorcycle baby, it's a CHOPPER!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 03:37:40 PM by Hoist! »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2009, 08:07:44 PM »

It ain't a motorcycle baby, it's a CHOPPER!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

Can't stand Fatboy wheels.  But I'm digging that bike cart!

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2009, 08:22:54 PM »

Hoist that bobber is really going to look good when its done.
That is one sweeeeeeeeeeeet ride!!!!!!!  :2vrolijk_21:

Jo Mo NYC  :coolblue:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2009, 12:55:08 AM »

Can't stand Fatboy wheels.  But I'm digging that bike cart!

The bike cart's cool, huh Don! :2vrolijk_21:

Cybil's coming off the lift for now while Vern get's all the engine parts together and builds the motor. The Rigid will go up on the lift for the rest of the mockup. We still have to get the Jammer Bates style solo seat (and hardware, mounting tabs and shocks) and the 3-1/2 under fork legs and get everything set for all the welding of all the tabs, etc.

I'm not sure on them FB wheels either. I'm pretty OK with a 16 up front, not necessarily on a FB wheel. But I'm thinkin with the short WG front end, a 21 spoke might look really good up there too, maybe better. I can leave that rear rim on with it. It's actually not a FB rim, but an '87 FXLR rim. It's been on my '85 FXWG for years! We'll see!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 12:57:41 AM by Hoist! »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2009, 11:34:07 AM »

Hoist that bobber is really going to look good when its done.
That is one sweeeeeeeeeeeet ride!!!!!!!  :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks Joe! It's where your Softail gets it's great looks from!!! ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2009, 02:17:15 PM »

i like the FB wheel up front, gives it an aggressive look
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2009, 02:23:13 PM »

i like the FB wheel up front, gives it an aggressive look

Thanks Neal. That's what I thought when I first saw it on too. I wasn't sure when I first thought about it for this bike. But it surprised me a lil (in a good way) when I actually saw it on the bike. I'll see how it looks with the shorter fork tubes and with the bike sitting on the ground. ;)

Hoist! 8)

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2009, 06:17:38 PM »

Hey Hoist,
What do you think about an 18 0n the front instead of a FB or a 21 ?

justt a thought.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2009, 07:05:23 PM »

Hey Hoist,
What do you think about an 18 0n the front instead of a FB or a 21 ?

justt a thought.

I thought about the wheel size thing. 18's are cool when ya run em F&R. Didn't want to go that route. Thought about a 19" on the front, but it's just not right on a WG. The 16" and the 21" are the 2 choices I like. And I have the stuff to go either route! ;)

Thanks Joe! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2009, 07:29:09 PM »

The bike cart's cool, huh Don! :2vrolijk_21:

But I'm thinkin with the short WG front end, a 21 spoke might look really good up there too, maybe better. I can leave that rear rim on with it.

Picture I get when I close my eyes seems better (to my tastes) with that idea.  It'll be a blast to ride no matter what.  For a Bobber that's all that matters anyway.  They have to look less than butt ugly and be a total blast to ride.

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2009, 07:57:46 PM »

Hoist what bars are you going to use?
Z bars or Drag bars I like the 21, Ape hangers or pull backs the 16,
just my two cents. What ever you do I know it's going to be hot !!!!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2009, 08:24:14 PM »

Hoist what bars are you going to use?
Z bars or Drag bars I like the 21, Ape hangers or pull backs the 16,
just my two cents. What ever you do I know it's going to be hot !!!!

HeHe!!! What ya see there now is what's stayin Joe! That whole front end came off my FXWG, and it's going on this just the way it came off and you see it here! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.