Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Evo Hoist Bobber! A New Build From Old Parts!!!  (Read 46281 times)

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
Re: Evo Hoist Bobber! A New Build From Old Parts!!!
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2009, 08:00:51 PM »

off to a good start! thats gonna be a City bike for sure , nice and short for dodging traffic!
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2009, 08:04:55 PM »

off to a good start! thats gonna be a City bike for sure , nice and short for dodging traffic!

HeHe!!! Thanks! You know the routine Mark! ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2009, 03:29:37 PM »

Cool, look what I just found! Now I'm getting a cool round tailight/license plate assembly that I like! That Jammer Catseye one would have done OK, but this one is really COOL!!! ;) :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Model A Ford Bobber Style
Side Mount Tail Light
$239.95
 -Measures: 7 "H X 4.25 "W
 -Fits: Most bike styles (with or without shocks)
 -Finish: Stainless Steel light housing, chrome  frame with powdercoated backing plate.  Glass Stop lens.

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2009, 05:52:33 PM »

Hey Howie,
               I got a nice 16" gangsta whitewall with more than 1/2 the tread still left on it you can have if you're going for that look

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2009, 05:57:42 PM »

Hey Howie,
               I got a nice 16" gangsta whitewall with more than 1/2 the tread still left on it you can have if you're going for that look

B B

Thanks B B! Not really goin for that look per say, but that was the nicest cheap Tailight/License Plate Assembly I've seen. Most were them billet ones with catseye, iron cross, etc. tailights. Same old, same old. I thought this would be different, and go more with the bike's style than a modern billet piece! ;)

Hoist! 8)

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2009, 08:04:42 PM »

Hoist that the tail light :2vrolijk_21: now you need to come up with a cool vanity plate.

Jo Mo NYC :coolblue:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #126 on: January 14, 2009, 09:19:00 AM »

Hoist that the tail light :2vrolijk_21: now you need to come up with a cool vanity plate.

Jo Mo NYC :coolblue:

Thanks Joe. Just when I thought I was stuck with that moden style Tailight the other day, I got a Dennis Kirk catalog in the mail yesterday. And that tailight just popped out of the book at me! Made just for the Hoist Bobber! ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

RedFXR2

« Reply #127 on: January 14, 2009, 10:18:22 AM »

This project looks like a blast--I'm living this vicariously through you. :2vrolijk_21:

I don't know what you do for a living but you need to be doing something with bikes, if you aren't already.  For money, I mean. ;)

Binx is an absolute Saint.  Do something nice for that wonderful woman.

I like the knee pad idea. 8)  Anything that takes me back to my brit bike/Triumph days.

This is better than any of those biker buildoff shows.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #128 on: January 14, 2009, 10:40:13 AM »

This project looks like a blast--I'm living this vicariously through you. :2vrolijk_21:

I don't know what you do for a living but you need to be doing something with bikes, if you aren't already.  For money, I mean. ;)

I like the knee pad idea. 8)  Anything that takes me back to my brit bike/Triumph days.

That's a dangerous place to be!! :D ;)

RedFXR2

« Reply #129 on: January 14, 2009, 11:33:02 AM »

That's why I said "vicariously". ;D ;D

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #130 on: January 14, 2009, 11:42:33 AM »

Hey Howie, here's some seats for you.

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/988720420.html

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #131 on: January 14, 2009, 12:00:56 PM »

Howie

Nice to see you putting that Fat Boy wheel to good use. Looking very sweet!

JW

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2009, 04:57:45 PM »

That's a dangerous place to be!! :D ;)

That's why I said "vicariously". ;D ;D

Thanks Mike!!! :2vrolijk_21:

HeHe!!! Craig, I didn't catch your EBCM number! ::) :P ;D

And Binx is a SAINT with all this. We've only been together about 7 years now, so she knew what she was getting into when she met me regarding this whole motorcycle thing. Unlike my ex! But it's great that she rarley objects. Instead, I just add more hours on her spa time!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

We all live vicariously thru others all the time. It's how we get ideas on what we want to do when we get the chance. Getting the chance is the key!!! This is my second ground built. The process is always fun, even though I don't actually build it myself. But my design, input, and involvement allows me to get almost as much satisfaction as turning the wrenches myself! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #133 on: January 14, 2009, 04:59:29 PM »

Hey Howie, here's some seats for you.

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/988720420.html

Had my heart set on a vinyl metal flake seat and grips since I envisioned building a bobber years ago. Sticking to that Craig. Thanks tho! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #134 on: January 14, 2009, 05:03:13 PM »

Howie

Nice to see you putting that Fat Boy wheel to good use. Looking very sweet!

JW

Thanks Jeff! And thanks for the wheel! Funny, I was originally gonna run a speedo. After I got the wheel, I realized I can't mount a speedo drive with this sealed bearing wheel. An can't use an electronic pickup with the 4-speed either. Then I decided, STS!!! So no speedo now! Still not convinced I won't be switching to a 21" wheel. But as the bike goes now, it looks good with those 2-16's on it! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 22 queries.