Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: Evo Hoist Bobber! A New Build From Old Parts!!!  (Read 46259 times)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Evo Hoist Bobber! A New Build From Old Parts!!!
« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2009, 05:12:12 PM »

What about a twist clutch? 

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #136 on: January 14, 2009, 05:16:52 PM »

What about a twist clutch? 

What about $$$? :nixweiss:

This bike's gonna be as close to "free" as I can get it Mike. I already have all the parts for that kinda stuff. So far, I'm still sleepin in bed. I'm trying to keep it that way! ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

At least til I get the Thruxton too! ??? ::)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #137 on: January 14, 2009, 05:24:05 PM »

How much for that taillight? I thought so...!   ::) 
Oh yea you didn't have one of those?  :P

Your gonna like Little Palm Island, you can smoke anywhere you want...   :huepfenjump3:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #138 on: January 14, 2009, 05:27:47 PM »

How much for that taillight? I thought so...!   ::) 
Oh yea you didn't have one of those?  :P

Your gonna like Little Palm Island, you can smoke anywhere you want...   :huepfenjump3:

ZACTLY!!! ::) :P ;D ;)

Then I'd have to do internal throttle and integrated F&R foot brake too, and have nothing on the bars but grips! I'd love that, but not gonna happen!!! :(

And don't I just wish I could get down there right about NOW too!!! 6 deg! Sheesh!!! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 05:33:38 PM by Hoist! »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #139 on: January 14, 2009, 05:34:25 PM »

Yeah, you can slide that twister on later after the
oops!
Givin me the bobba jones, you bastit!  :D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #140 on: January 14, 2009, 05:43:39 PM »

Yeah, you can slide that twister on later after the
oops!
Givin me the bobba jones, you bastit!  :D

Well, you got the damn weather! WTH do ya think WE do up here in the winter?!!! ::) ;D ;D ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2009, 05:48:46 PM »

Ummm...I used to be pretty good at darts....or dahts...bowling..The poor bikes just sat out freezing..is your garage heated?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #142 on: January 14, 2009, 06:10:50 PM »

Ummm...I used to be pretty good at darts....or dahts...bowling..The poor bikes just sat out freezing..is your garage heated?

HeHe!!! It can be! I have radiant in the floor, but never turned it on. Garage is too drafty right now. I'd have to seal and insulate it if I'm gonna heat it. But it wouldn't be for the bikes! :o

I'll have to for me, after I get that Thruxton! ::) ;D ;) :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #143 on: January 16, 2009, 07:50:40 PM »

TODAY's UPDATE:

Well, the mockup phase is completed. I was called in to check it out and sit on it, before taking it apart for the final welding and grinding is done to the frame. I love the way it's coming out. Of course, nothing's without it's surprises. The Bates Style Jammer Metalflake Charcoal Grey seat is actually Metalflake SILVER!!! So guess what, the color scheme changed again. They showed me the powdercoat color swatches. They have an awesome color that resembles raw aluminum. Really cool color. Not quite silver. Not shiney or chrome like. Just like unfinished aluminum! So I'm doing that for the frame, and back to flat black w/red pinstriping on the tank and rear fender. HeHe!!! A Silver/Black bike!!! Now I have to find silver metalflake grips to match the seat. The grey ones I picked up, don't really go anymore! That tailight/licence plate assembly w/the vintage style old Ford pickup truck tailight is really cool, and will go perfect on this bike. :2vrolijk_21:

Also, with that solo seat mounted up there, my Flanders Street Bars on 6" risers, which were perfect on my '85 FXWG (shown here), are too short now on this bike. I'm gonna push them forward (straight up) and see if that does it. That look is cool on a Bobber too. If not, I'll go with 12.5" Flanders Original Apes with 4" risers, or maybe just go with 16" Flanders apes with 1" risers. Not sure yet, but it looks like I'll need at least 16" off the top of the upper tree, for the bars to be right, maybe even a lil higher! :o ;)

So it's now fully apart, the frame fully weldedfully welded, and they were grinding everything down when I left. It goes straight out to powdercoat in the AM. Cybil's parts are all in now, and her motor starts going back together on Mon! Very productive day all-in-all! :huepfenjump3:

And as usual, here's a few more progress pics! ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 02:52:58 PM by Hoist! »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #144 on: January 16, 2009, 07:52:25 PM »

Now you see why they call it grey. In good light it's silver!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2009, 07:53:21 PM »

!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2009, 07:53:44 PM »

!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2009, 07:54:06 PM »

!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #148 on: January 16, 2009, 07:54:30 PM »

!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2009, 07:55:13 PM »

!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.