Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Evo Hoist Bobber! A New Build From Old Parts!!!  (Read 46257 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Evo Hoist Bobber! A New Build From Old Parts!!!
« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2009, 11:16:07 AM »

When I saw this photo it reminded me of a MV rally a couple of years ago where I ran into Click Baldwin on his Panhead Bobber. His machine was finished (or unfinished) in bare metal. He said that his crew would occasionally take a 3M scratch pad to the sheet metal to keep it looking good; maybe something to consider.  :2vrolijk_21:

Being a big S&S fan you might try finding one of the original sand-cast teardrop A/C covers with raised lettering. If you happen to stumble on to one of them, make sure you grab it. :idea2:  I believe that they quit making then in 1975.

HeHe!!! Funny you mention that dj! I talked with them about leaving it raw and letting it rust! Using a scratch pad to clean it up, and just let it rust from there as my paint job. Or using the scratch pad, then clearcoating it so that unpainted metal finish wouldn't rust. In the end, screw it! Rattle can black like I planned from the get go!!! And I love those old S&S covers too, but they don't mount on S&S Super E & G carbs, only the B's & D's I believe! ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #166 on: January 18, 2009, 11:19:07 AM »

Probably way too late in the game Howie, but have you considered running a four speed tanny with this ?

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2009, 11:21:38 AM »

Probably way too late in the game Howie, but have you considered running a four speed tanny with this ?

B B

HeHe!!! It IS a 4-speed B B!!! That's a REAL kicker on there, not a fake one on a 5-speed!!! :nixweiss: ;D ;D ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 11:23:37 AM by Hoist! »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2009, 11:37:09 AM »

HeHe!!! It IS a 4-speed B B!!! That's a REAL kicker on there, not a fake one on a 5-speed!!! :nixweiss: ;D ;D ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

That's the balls Howie. Wait til you fire this up and ride it. The gearing on the old 4-speed combined with a nicely massaged Evo makes for a totally unique power band. 100% BADASS BAR BLASTER. There's no way I'm not stopping in Queens on my way to Maine. I've got to throw a leg over this baby.  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: Have you checked out Paul Yaffe X-Pipes ?

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #169 on: January 18, 2009, 11:46:34 AM »

That's the balls Howie. Wait til you fire this up and ride it. The gearing on the old 4-speed combined with a nicely massaged Evo makes for a totally unique power band. 100% BADASS BAR BLASTER. There's no way I'm not stopping in Queens on my way to Maine. I've got to throw a leg over this baby.  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: Have you checked out Paul Yaffe X-Pipes ?

B B

I only looked at stuff I didn't already have for this bike B B. The whole purpose was to use as many takeoff parts from from my other bikes to build this one. This entire setup came off my '85 FXWG just as you see it. These are the Cycle Shack M Pipes that came off the WG. So we welded mounts to the frame for them to get rid of the rear bracket. If I change exhaust now, it'll require rewelding new brackets on for another system, although any exhaust for an '85 FXWG should theoretically work. But I'm avoiding the temptation of sinking money into this bike. Just a fun exercise to build the coolest bike I could from a buncha spare parts! ;)

And I'm looking forward to having ya here. I'm sure you'll have a blast ridin that thing thru the City, just as I plan on doing myself with it!!! It'll be my new NYC Urban Hellriding Machine!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #170 on: January 18, 2009, 12:37:58 PM »

" Hoist Bobber" Aka NYC Urban Hellriding machine  :2vrolijk_21:

Nice logo for that bad ass bike.  :idea3: when she's done ( NYC Bad Ass Biker Party )
at Bad Ass Casa Hoist. To welcome her home proper with NYC's original bad ass Hoist!!!!!!!

Jo Mo NYC  :coolblue:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #171 on: January 18, 2009, 12:43:27 PM »

" Hoist Bobber" Aka NYC Urban Hellriding machine  :2vrolijk_21:

Nice logo for that bad ass bike.  :idea3: when she's done ( NYC Bad Ass Biker Party )
at Bad Ass Casa Hoist. To welcome her home proper with NYC's original bad ass Hoist!!!!!!!

HeHe!!! Sounds like a plan Joe!!! Maybe we can do it the weekend after York in April, while B B is around, and before he heads up to ME. We'll see if the timing works out for that. A NYC Bad Ass Biker Party at Bad Ass Casa Hoist while B B's in town!!! Sounds perfect Joe! Great idea man!!! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #172 on: January 18, 2009, 12:55:43 PM »

Howie
         I understand what your plan was for this bike and I applaud your efforts to stick to it, but looking at where you're at now is fodder for a dozen ideas of how I'd finish it. The X-pipes for instance would look so cool with the style of bike. BUT, it's your bike and your vision and more importantly your (or perhaps Binx's) wallet  :D

On another note, for the entire 55 years I've been on this big blue marble, NYC has been something to be avoided. Even though I am a huge Yankees fan (People from Maine think NYC is the home of the Devil) I've either driven around it via heading through Danbury/White Plains on my way to Daytona from Maine or driven right through the middle (Cross Bronz Expressway) as I did on my way for Q's house to Maine last summer. I'm actually looking forward to riding into the belly of the beast and seeing what all the noise is about. Many many thanks for the offer of not only a place to rest my weary old bones for a night, but a guided tour and a hell of a bike ride with one of NYC's finest. Plan looks to be after the gathering on the 20th. I need to be in Maine by the end of April cause I have to turn around and drive to Ann Arbor for my daughter's Med School graduation May 7 Come to think of it, I need to start blocking out dates on a calendar or I'm gonna be a day late and many dollars short for the whole summer

B B

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #173 on: January 18, 2009, 01:05:15 PM »

Hoist I hope it comes to be I would love to meet the Spiderman.
We can all go on a Hell raising tour of NYC

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #174 on: January 18, 2009, 01:22:54 PM »

Howie
         I understand what your plan was for this bike and I applaud your efforts to stick to it, but looking at where you're at now is fodder for a dozen ideas of how I'd finish it. The X-pipes for instance would look so cool with the style of bike. BUT, it's your bike and your vision and more importantly your (or perhaps Binx's) wallet  :D

On another note, for the entire 55 years I've been on this big blue marble, NYC has been something to be avoided. Even though I am a huge Yankees fan (People from Maine think NYC is the home of the Devil) I've either driven around it via heading through Danbury/White Plains on my way to Daytona from Maine or driven right through the middle (Cross Bronz Expressway) as I did on my way for Q's house to Maine last summer. I'm actually looking forward to riding into the belly of the beast and seeing what all the noise is about. Many many thanks for the offer of not only a place to rest my weary old bones for a night, but a guided tour and a hell of a bike ride with one of NYC's finest. Plan looks to be after the gathering on the 20th. I need to be in Maine by the end of April cause I have to turn around and drive to Ann Arbor for my daughter's Med School graduation May 7 Come to think of it, I need to start blocking out dates on a calendar or I'm gonna be a day late and many dollars short for the whole summer

B B

That's sounds like perfect timing B B!!! You can meet us in York the weekend of the 18th. York Tour is on Mon, the 20th. We'd be back here in Queens that evening. We can have the party on Sat, the 25th, and you'll still have plenty of time to get up to Sebago, 6 hours away! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 02:23:29 PM by Hoist! »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #175 on: January 20, 2009, 08:29:40 PM »

Damn, this is becoming a moving target. Turns out I can't get that Aluminum powdercoating for the frame that I wanted. Decided to powdercoat it normal gloss black. The painter's gonna look at the seat and see if he can match it. If so, I'll go with that matching dark silver metalflake on the tank and rear fender, and use the black knee panels from Jammer on the tank to contrast it. If matching the seat and paint is too much hassle or too much $$$, I'm done! Going back to my original rattle can black scheme! :nixweiss: ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #176 on: January 22, 2009, 02:27:57 PM »

TODAY'S UPDATE:

Well, the powdercoated frame was delivered to the shop by Action Powdercoating first thing this morning! As of now, the motor, tranny, front end (with the 3-1/2" shorter legs), oil tank, and who knows what else by now ARE ALL INSTALLED. Vern's going crazy with this thing! He's becoming an assembly menace!!! This bike's gonna be done before I know it! :2vrolijk_21:

Our local painter we use here (and friend), Freddy The Flame (who also did my '85 FXWG), said he'll match the Dark Silver Metalflake seat with the paint job for the tank and rear fender. Should be no more than 2 weeks he told Vern. I'm looking forward to all that metalflake on my new "oldster", the Hoist Bobber! Bike should be completely done within a few weeks now!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 02:31:10 PM by Hoist! »

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #177 on: January 22, 2009, 02:29:58 PM »

Excellent!

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #178 on: January 22, 2009, 02:36:34 PM »

TODAY'S UPDATE:

Well, the powdercoated frame was delivered to the shop by Action Powdercoating first thing this morning! As of now, the motor, tranny, front end (with the 3-1/2" shorter legs), oil tank, and who knows what else by now ARE ALL INSTALLED. Vern's going crazy with this thing! He's becoming an assembly menace!!! This bike's gonna be done before I know it! :2vrolijk_21:

Our local painter we use here (and friend), Freddy The Flame (who also did my '85 FXWG), said he'll match the Dark Silver Metalflake seat with the paint job for the tank and rear fender. Should be no more than 2 weeks he told Vern. I'm looking forward to all that metalflake on my new "oldster", the Hoist Bobber! Bike should be completely done within a few weeks now!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

how far is the shop from your place?
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #179 on: January 22, 2009, 02:42:44 PM »

Howie, preparing to ride his new bobber!  ::)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 25 queries.