Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New FLHTCUSE9, wow  (Read 1739 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
New FLHTCUSE9, wow
« on: January 02, 2009, 01:32:17 AM »

Here it is late in 2012 and I just got home with the new SE Ultra.  Who'd have thought they could find a way to make this amazing machine new again for the 9th year in a row? The new spun aluminum instruments with the counter rotating appearance of spin are just awesome.  And the new Dunlop D407 ver Ds are being offered as their highest mileage best handling tire yet.  Probably get six or seven THOUSAND miles off a bike tire with these babies and the new price is only $300 per tire.

The paint.  Wow.  The paint.  Can't say enough.  Who'd have thought Orange and Black could still be so original.  The plaid seat is just to die for too.  The 3D Multi Depth HID instrument/navigation/audio/DVD display system from Harmon Kardon (trademark) is the coolest thing ever.  It's ability to mix navigation displays right before your eyes with scenes from your favorite movie in the DVD player is just incredible.  I'd never have believed a recording of Paris Hilton in her Oscar winning portrayal of "Hillary, A Life Unfinished" saying "Off route, recalculating" would actually be able to give me a full on robot chubby while riding down the road.  This is one wicked awesome display system.

Everyone is complaining about the new Active RPM Management System that automatically keeps your speed at whatever limit the GPS system says is accurate for the road your travelling.  But with the new water cooled engines wizzing in front of the back tire so often it really is just a safety feature.  I'm sure after the first year of the new engine the RPM Management System will be a thing of the past.

I like the self tinting windshield.  Though the Handlebar Shaker that warns you of being too close to other traffic when sensed by the laser cruise control system nearly caused me to have a potty accident the first time it went off.  Thank god for the new self cleansing leather in the saddle.

Speaking of the saddle the new infrared "insta-heater" is surprising in just how instant "insta" can be.  Had the girlfriend bent over the saddle in a little friendly wubba wubba schazoom and accidentally hit the switch with my knee.  2nd degree boobie burns are going to have me in the dog house for awhile.

In the end just can't say enough about the new bike.  A real home run.  I'm sure the paint is supposed to look like it does close to the seat and the motor isn't leaking anti-freeze anymore than they all do.  The service manager told me so.  So I'm not worried at all.

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
Re: New FLHTCUSE9, wow
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 04:20:42 AM »

Makes me crack up. Great start for a year.

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 06:55:29 AM »

Wicked awesome review, Don.     :2vrolijk_21:    :)

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 07:32:27 AM »

Awesome evaluation, mine is scheduled to be shipped over sometime in mid March of 2013.

I opted to avoid the Active Management Fiasco and get the dealer installed imbeded smart chip package instead, my dealer had a great price on the rider-passenger smart chip/tattoo combo if you financed it as a package, although the wife isn't to crazy about it.

The 3 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty is long overdue, i guess the buyout by Victory isn't all bad.

"Speaking of the saddle the new infrared "insta-heater" is surprising in just how instant "insta" can be.  Had the girlfriend bent over the saddle in a little friendly wubba wubba schazoom and accidentally hit the switch with my knee.  2nd degree boobie burns are going to have me in the dog house for awhile."   
:worthless:

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 07:52:34 AM »

Been talking Willy's Pool Boy again I see!!

:bananarock: :bananarock:
     Brad
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 08:19:14 AM »

Don - all I can say is that if you have not spent at least some of your life writing short stories or books then the rest of the World has missed out.

I particularly like the projected 2050 model (FLHTCUSE41 ?). Apparently you will be able to program it to go out on your favourite ride by itself, when it returns you will be able to download the video and still footage onto your full wall display unit. This will have great advantages as you will not need to disconnect your feeding tubes or your bodily waste disposal connections whilst enjoying your 3D day out.

What joy.

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 08:29:29 AM »

Here it is late in 2012 and I just got home with the new SE Ultra.  Who'd have thought they could find a way to make this amazing machine new again for the 9th year in a row? The new spun aluminum instruments with the counter rotating appearance of spin are just awesome.  And the new Dunlop D407 ver Ds are being offered as their highest mileage best handling tire yet.  Probably get six or seven THOUSAND miles off a bike tire with these babies and the new price is only $300 per tire.

The paint.  Wow.  The paint.  Can't say enough.  Who'd have thought Orange and Black could still be so original.  The plaid seat is just to die for too.  The 3D Multi Depth HID instrument/navigation/audio/DVD display system from Harmon Kardon (trademark) is the coolest thing ever.  It's ability to mix navigation displays right before your eyes with scenes from your favorite movie in the DVD player is just incredible.  I'd never have believed a recording of Paris Hilton in her Oscar winning portrayal of "Hillary, A Life Unfinished" saying "Off route, recalculating" would actually be able to give me a full on robot chubby while riding down the road.  This is one wicked awesome display system.

Everyone is complaining about the new Active RPM Management System that automatically keeps your speed at whatever limit the GPS system says is accurate for the road your travelling.  But with the new water cooled engines wizzing in front of the back tire so often it really is just a safety feature.  I'm sure after the first year of the new engine the RPM Management System will be a thing of the past.

I like the self tinting windshield.  Though the Handlebar Shaker that warns you of being too close to other traffic when sensed by the laser cruise control system nearly caused me to have a potty accident the first time it went off.  Thank god for the new self cleansing leather in the saddle.

Speaking of the saddle the new infrared "insta-heater" is surprising in just how instant "insta" can be.  Had the girlfriend bent over the saddle in a little friendly wubba wubba schazoom and accidentally hit the switch with my knee.  2nd degree boobie burns are going to have me in the dog house for awhile.

In the end just can't say enough about the new bike.  A real home run.  I'm sure the paint is supposed to look like it does close to the seat and the motor isn't leaking anti-freeze anymore than they all do.  The service manager told me so.  So I'm not worried at all.

HeHeHe!!! You FD guys REALLY, REALLY, REALLY KILL ME!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 08:44:54 AM »

2lane, that would be funny if it wasnt so true. :bigcry:   axil
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 09:04:02 AM »

Forgot to mention the full roll bar/crash bar/air bag system, and the automatically deployed outriggers that are triggered whenever the lean angle exceeds 25°.  Of course, this is all chrome plated on the CVO versions (not the airbag, dummy).

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Admiral

• My . Ol . Lady's . A Screaming Eagle !!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • SJHR
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 11:21:05 AM »

You also forgot to mention the (Instant transport me outta here button) 

To be depressed just before the crash.

:cowboy:

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 03:50:47 PM »

funny

planenut

• 1K CVO Member
  • life is short enjoy the ride
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2022 Road glide Limited Wicked orange Pearl and Blackhole
    • CVO2: 18 115 cvo limited anniversary #1068(sold)
    • CVO3: 15 cvo Limited Maroon and silver (sold)
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 06:56:47 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: :D :D now thats thinking,you better copyrite this so the moco has to pay u     :2vrolijk_21:
Fullsac headpipe TAb Performance 4.5 slash 2.5 baffles
SERT program   horsepower hd cam
freedom shields 13 in
Custom Dynamics full lighting Ft and rear
Soundz 6 speaker set up 1k amp
Legends Axeo ft and Revo A in rear

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 24 queries.