Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 110 Gasket issue  (Read 867 times)

woode

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Anniversary FLHTCUSE8
    • CVO2: (Retired) Ruby Red FLHTCUSE4
110 Gasket issue
« on: January 12, 2009, 01:29:40 AM »

First, I'm not too mechanically minded, so pardon me if I ask a stupid question.  I've been reading on this site about problems with the 110 engine, and that HD has a fix available for it.  I was wondering if HD is proactive with such things, and will make the change on bikes not yet built.  I've placed a deposit on a seuc to be delivered in March, and was curious if I am going to immediately have issues to deal with upon delivery.

Thanks,

Ed

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: 110 Gasket issue
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 02:11:07 AM »

The fixes are already on the 09's.   I had an 07 that was part of the recall / whatever you want to call it.   Thus far no issues with the leaks.  They are also putting on pre clearanced rocker boxes and have not heard of a single person with the hitting noise coming from the rocker boxes.

Still hear of the piston slap noise, but that is the nature of the beast as they say.   Good luck with your 09.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

woode

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Anniversary FLHTCUSE8
    • CVO2: (Retired) Ruby Red FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 07:40:43 AM »

Well, that's certainly good news.  I thought that this was a newly discovered issue!

I'll sleep better now - thanks.

Ed

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 07:46:26 AM »

BTW: "Piston slap" is just their latest answer for the noises they cannot figure out or aren't willing to deal with.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 08:18:41 AM »

BTW: "Piston slap" is just their latest answer for the noises they cannot figure out or aren't willing to deal with.

:2vrolijk_21:

I tend to wonder if they even know what piston slap is, or maybe they just heard the term somewhere and thought it sounded like something they could BS folks with.  True piston slap tends to be worse when cold and better as the piston expands with temperature.  Why does the Harley version work just the opposite?  Another of those mysteries only found in the world of Harley?

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 20 queries.