Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: Where'd All The Posts Go?  (Read 6368 times)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: Where'd All The Posts Go?
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2009, 03:19:42 PM »

everyone needs to take a step back and chill out.

grown adults dont call each other crybabies, or post whores, or whatever else has been thown around here.

on average 600+ different members pass through here on any given day. each with their own opinions and ideas, that means any decisions that get made are gaurenteed to be the wrong ones with some people.

it doesnt matter if somone has 1 post or 10,000 posts they still have an opinion. would we all act the same way, if there was no post count displayed anywhere on the site?

frankly some of these post about people crying sound like more crying to me
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2009, 03:27:28 PM »

everyone needs to take a step back and chill out.

grown adults dont call each other crybabies, or post whores, or whatever else has been thown around here.

on average 600+ different members pass through here on any given day. each with their own opinions and ideas, that means any decisions that get made are gaurenteed to be the wrong ones with some people.

it doesnt matter if somone has 1 post or 10,000 posts they still have an opinion. would we all act the same way, if there was no post count displayed anywhere on the site?

frankly some of these post about people crying sound like more crying to me

Great idea Neal, post count! GET RID OF IT!!!

We don't need status or hierarchy based on post count. Different colors for people's post count. Make everyone the same and maybe this goes away! Post count, GET RID OF IT!!! :2vrolijk_21:

And with all of this we've come full circle. But in the end, we still don't even know what was wrong, why this happened or why things changed. It just appeared that we had an annoyed mod that didn't want this stuff on anymore, but no explanation whatsoever. Your site man. You don't owe us one. But it would be nice that the heart and soul of this place (the members) weren't left clueless about this. Exactly what creates these type of responses when something like this happens! ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 03:40:22 PM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

hogasm

« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2009, 04:18:19 PM »

:nixweiss: 

There are television channels that have shows that I don't care to watch.  I'm either not interested or maybe they could offend me.  I don't complain to my satellite television company, I just don't tune in to those channels ;)

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

I for one rarely ever post in off topic areas and try to stay in the technical stuff. It does take up valuable time by moderators to read every thread in its entirety. I applaud the moderators for giving of their time....FREE....I just don't have the time to read all the non technical threads. This one was brought to my attention while on the phone with a member or I probably would have never have posted in it.

I thank Neil for giving of his time and monies to make this CVO web site available for us to partake in and enjoy. I have had the opportunity to meet and become friendswith many of you here that without this site would have never happened. So thank you again Neil and Moderators for giving of your time putting up with alot of petty BS.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 04:36:25 PM by hogasm »

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2009, 05:24:25 PM »

everyone needs to take a step back and chill out.....
I’m going to take naitram’s advice and do some more chillin’.
Revelstoke British Columbia in 2002. Here is another one of the Columbia River near the same location.

WHY ?

B B
WOULD
ANY SANE PERSON WANT TO BE HERE AT THIS TIME OF YEAR ?

B B

You’re probably right Spiderman, booze would be much easier. This is such a great activity for an aging adrenalin junkie. I’m not saying that I have an addiction, I’ve never been to a single meeting, :) I have just learned over time to appreciate a good shot of adrenalin juice from time to time.

And some day, I'd like to go to Revelstoke.  This looks gorgeous. 

British Columbia is a spectacular part of the continent to ride a Motorcycle; I’ve only been there on a Snowmobile and pickup truck. I will eventually get back there on two wheels. There are just so many fabulous places to ride in this part of the World.

This photo is nearly the same angle as the silhouette shot above and is thoroughly  chilled! :)

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2009, 05:25:22 PM »

Another shot of the Columbia River.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2009, 08:23:57 PM »

I’m going to take naitram’s advice and do some more chillin’.
You’re probably right Spiderman, booze would be much easier. This is such a great activity for an aging adrenalin junkie. I’m not saying that I have an addiction, I’ve never been to a single meeting, :) I have just learned over time to appreciate a good shot of adrenalin juice from time to time.

British Columbia is a spectacular part of the continent to ride a Motorcycle; I’ve only been there on a Snowmobile and pickup truck. I will eventually get back there on two wheels. There are just so many fabulous places to ride in this part of the World.

This photo is nearly the same angle as the silhouette shot above and is thoroughly  chilled! :)

I'm just jealous dude. I was at Sugarloaf USA skiing when my wife went into labor with both of our daughters (two years apart) I used to ski at places like Saddleback Mtn on Rangely Lake where it got so cold the mist in the air would freeze and we'd call it Ice Fog. And I loved every minute of it. Then I turned 40 and osteoarthritis set in and I had scope after scope after scope on my knees till they couldn't scope em no more and I couldn't ski no more. That was the end of winter being fun for me. I had been a slope rat from the time I was 10 til 41. Broke my heart. Soooooo I moved out here to SoCal and now I get cold when the temps dip below 50. Yeah I know, I'm a total left coast woos puppy  :huepfenlol2: Anyway, those pictures are gorgeous and I wish I could still get out into it. Thanks for letting a COBB live vicariously.

B B

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2009, 08:47:47 PM »

I like the email notifications  :2vrolijk_21:

But, I just saw the bookmark link so I will check it out, but don't end email notices yet, it will take a bit a time to mark all the threads.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2009, 12:33:05 AM »

I'm just jealous dude. I was at Sugarloaf USA skiing when my wife went into labor with both of our daughters (two years apart) I used to ski at places like Saddleback Mtn on Rangely Lake where it got so cold the mist in the air would freeze and we'd call it Ice Fog. And I loved every minute of it. Then I turned 40 and osteoarthritis set in and I had scope after scope after scope on my knees till they couldn't scope em no more and I couldn't ski no more. That was the end of winter being fun for me. I had been a slope rat from the time I was 10 til 41. Broke my heart. Soooooo I moved out here to SoCal and now I get cold when the temps dip below 50. Yeah I know, I'm a total left coast woos puppy  :huepfenlol2: Anyway, those pictures are gorgeous and I wish I could still get out into it. Thanks for letting a COBB live vicariously.

B B

Gettin’ old is a bitch, and it doesn’t help that the brain seems 10 years or more behind the body, writing checks that totally kick my a$$ to cash. High octane and high compression work pretty well together as a medication. Now all that's needed is a prescription for an additional 20 or 30 mph of speed limit to augment this therapy. Does anyone know a good Doctor that can help out with this delicate and debilitating medical condition?  :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2009, 12:36:51 AM »

Gettin’ old is a bitch, and it doesn’t help that the brain seems 10 years or more behind the body, writing checks that totally kick my a$$ to cash. High octane and high compression work pretty well together as a medication. Now all that's needed is a prescription for an additional 20 or 30 mph of speed limit to augment this therapy. Does anyone know a good Doctor that can help out with this delicate and debilitating medical condition?  :2vrolijk_21:

Aaahhh! The unattainable goal! Getting enough speed!!! And not killing yourself! Finding that line!!! Gotta tell ya dj, youze look like ya do pretty damn good to me on them sleds! ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2009, 12:45:12 AM »

Aaahhh! The unattainable goal! Getting enough speed!!! And not killing yourself! Finding that line!!! Gotta tell ya dj, youze look like ya do pretty damn good to me on them sleds! ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

I can’t begin to tell you how much fun the off trail, back country playtime is. Motorcycles are #1, but as long as I have to do cold and snow, this stuff gets it done in the winter.  :2vrolijk_21:

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2009, 11:59:35 AM »

the nice thing about sleding out in the wide open is its usually a soft landing if you get stoopid
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2009, 12:12:28 PM »

I can’t begin to tell you how much fun the off trail, back country playtime is. Motorcycles are #1, but as long as I have to do cold and snow, this stuff gets it done in the winter.  :2vrolijk_21:

Sometimes when we'd go to Saddleback Mtn for the weekend and it'd be too cold on top of the Mtn to ski, we'd rent this little Alouette snowmobiles. They weren't much compared to the modern machines (then being early 70's) but they were a lot of fun. I was never real good at it though and used to tip over in soft snow if I wasn't going along pretty fast. We also used to enjoy watching the races they'd have, both drags and circuit racing. I never bought a snow machine though as the expense would have meant my passion for H-D had to suffer somewhere. Always wanted to find an old H-D machine though, just to have it. I believe somebody posted some stuff about H-D snow machines on the site last winter. I imagine there's a few of them still running, but parts must be all but impossible to find. Anyway, enjoy your winter habit

B B

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2009, 08:10:05 AM »

Here ya go BB

"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2009, 09:35:01 AM »

Here ya go BB

With a little chrome and some flames, it would sure look even better;-)

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2009, 11:16:52 AM »

Here ya go BB

You know something, the new machines are so high tech and complicated that this old H-D sled looks like an old panhead compared to a new Twin Cam. To me it looks very clean and spartan, being wholly functional in what it's intended purpose is. If this is a recent picture, this one certainly looks to have been well preserved. If memory serves, they only made these around 70-73 ??? Is this yours Jester, or a friends ? Is it for sale ? 

B B
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 21 queries.