Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Been riding through the Black Hills for the last two days  (Read 4924 times)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Been riding through the Black Hills for the last two days
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 09:06:28 AM »

Yep! Took off work yesterday so I could go riding again, didn't go far about 90 miles, was in the upper 60's. But looks like colder temps coming back tomorrow, chance of snow on Sunday and Monday. That's what I like about the winters here, it gets cold, but we usually get a few days a month that get really nice. I never put my bike up for the winter, never know when I'm going for a ride.  :)

Craig

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 02:21:16 PM »

I should have brought my camera because I went by a big heard of buffalo, had to wait for a herd of mule deer to cross the road, same for a small herd of antilope.  But I always look for a coyote.  They're out there, but you don't see one very often.  A large coyote crossed the road about 125 yards in front of me and trotted off. 

Anyway, I'm always grateful for the nice days during the winter when I can get out and ride.  It looks like more cold weather and possible snow is coming in this weekend. 

I just have to hope for a nice day or two in February.  Who knows, maybe I'll get to ride -at least once- every month this year.   ;D

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 02:53:30 PM »

I should have brought my camera because I went by a big heard of buffalo, had to wait for a herd of mule deer to cross the road, same for a small herd of antilope.  But I always look for a coyote.  They're out there, but you don't see one very often.  A large coyote crossed the road about 125 yards in front of me and trotted off. 

Anyway, I'm always grateful for the nice days during the winter when I can get out and ride.  It looks like more cold weather and possible snow is coming in this weekend. 

I just have to hope for a nice day or two in February.  Who knows, maybe I'll get to ride -at least once- every month this year.   ;D

Like I said before I am very envious.  Custer is a great place you  are lucky

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR

clegg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG, Black & Orange. 106 stroker, 585 S&S gear driven cams, SE billet cam plate w/ SE oil pump, 52mm S&S throttle body with closed loop VFI system, Vance & Hines 2 into 1. Headwork by Leo Hess at Full Blast Engineering.
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 04:10:44 PM »

Don't feel to jealous for us "South Dakota" people. Most of the state is still screwed! I have not had my scoot out for 55 days, and the ice on the roads here in Canton will require quite a few days above freezing before you will get to pavement. I doubt we will be on the roads on bikes for quite a while. The Hills gets all the warm weather and the nice roads. I was up there earlier this winter (I am about 400 miles east) with our big National Guard snowblowers helping them dig out of a blizzard, so it is not all fun and games...
Semper Fidelis

powercorp

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 06' FLSTFSE2 Or if you are short on time....FATBOY
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 04:47:11 PM »

Fun and Games is what we are all about here in Colorado:)

I attached a photo or two....

to be honest it's too nice to slow down to take a picture....

You may notice one is from the bike at the stop light :P

EP

powercorp

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 06' FLSTFSE2 Or if you are short on time....FATBOY
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 04:48:37 PM »

here is # 2

It will be snowing here tomorrow....

anyone up for snowboarding pictures  :bananarock:

EP

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2009, 07:19:53 PM »

here is # 2

It will be snowing here tomorrow....

anyone up for snowboarding pictures  :bananarock:

EP

Didn't get to ride today, had to work! :-[

hdhog1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Autumn Haze CUSE
    • CVO2: Canyon Copper SEFB2
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2009, 08:05:36 PM »

I would give anything to be riding with ya Steve.

35 and sunny here in Jersey today, rode most of the day.  I keep a heater in the Hog Pen to keep my scooters oil warm.  I ride all year as long as the salt and sand have not been applied.  But I sure don't have any scenery like you.  I am jealous.

I have never seen any Winter scenery while riding like Talons pic either.  Again I am jealous.   

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2009, 08:23:54 PM »

I can see there are a lot of riders who would have liked to have been out in the Hills with me the last few days.  (I rode to lunch in town- a whole mile away- today also!)  There were actually a few bikes out today.  It only got up to 51 here, but 50's my limit. 
I figure with a full dresser with the heat and stuff, if you can't put on your chaps and ride, you're going to miss half of the riding season!
I wish I could have been riding with some of you folks too.  It would be nice to meet sometime.
But everybody has their own seasons, and you can never feel TOO sorry for Big B.  I mean, hey, he can ride 99.9 percent of the time!   :huepfenjump3:
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

comfortablynumb

• Senior CVO Member
  • u can chek out any time u like,but ucan nver leave

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC3 SuperTrapp SE slip ons SE Stage 1 A/C SE Super Tuner Kury LED Brake & Turn Kury Zombie Shift Linkage & Cover Clearview 9.5 recurve Tru Track
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 09:03:38 PM »

its been mid november for me for a ride and still have a ways to go in northwest nj,so how about some pics
50 degrees tomorrow. Leave for work to New Providenve at 5a.m. and will be on two wheels. I may shiver on the way in, but I'll glow on the way home!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2009, 09:13:05 PM »

Bottom Line:  Take advantage of it when you get it because you never know when it will return!

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2009, 10:10:25 PM »

Bottom Line:  Take advantage of it when you get it because you never know when it will return!

Amen, brother!

To that end, I rode to work and home today, though the high was only in the 40's. Tomorrow's high should be around 60, so I'll be on two wheels again.

The girls tell me that I'm a real b!+@# when I don't get to ride. So, they encourage me to get onto two wheels every time I get the chance.

Besides, they call me the Polar Bear, 'cause I'm seldom, if ever, very cold. Just to be sure, I have a nice, GorTex-lined, leather riding suit with GorTex-lined gloves and boots. So, I can keep warm in some very cold weather.

Two years ago in November, I made a 5-hour ride from Nashville to Gatlinburg on a Friday evening on my '05 FLTRI. It was 39 degrees when I left at 4:30 and 23 degrees when I got there around 11pm. Stopped about 100 miles out for a cup of coffee and a bowl of chili, but I was still doing fine when I arrived.

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2009, 08:54:05 AM »

In the 60's yesterday, today's high around 32*!  :'(

Craig

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2009, 03:03:58 PM »

Still waiting for this warm weather to get to Chicago!   :nixweiss:
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 25 queries.