Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Wheel Cleaners!  (Read 3339 times)

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
Wheel Cleaners!
« on: September 22, 2005, 01:02:49 AM »

Ok I think I just f'd up my rims. I used mothers chrome polish on my whole bike including the rims. I know they are spun aluminum but I didn't think a polish would hurt em using the mothers since its not abrasive. Now they are dull , I rubbed and rubbed to try to get them to gleem again but to no avail. Any suggestions that don't include have them shaved and chromed or purchase new rims??
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Wheel Cleaners!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 08:55:05 PM »

OK with no advice I had no choice but to try a few things on my own. I found the product that works best for all you who care. White Diamond multi metal polish. It worked great, I think the rims shine more now than when new! Thanks for all your help ..oh thats right noone tried....... [smiley=furious3.gif]
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 09:11:13 PM »

OK with no advice I had no choice but to try a few things on my own. I found the product that works best for all you who care. White Diamond multi metal polish. It worked great, I think the rims shine more now than when new! Thanks for all your help ..oh thats right noone tried....... [smiley=furious3.gif]

You only got 26 views in about 48 hours.  Maybe you should've tried "F'd Up My Wheels, NEED HELP!" in the subject line instead of something that sounded like it could be a review of your favorite cleaning products.

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 09:12:43 PM »

Point well taken, BTW I just like bustin balls!
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 01:05:22 AM »

Point well taken, BTW I just like bustin balls!

Be friendly.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 01:07:45 AM by twolanerider »

DaBluzDude

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 08:23:46 PM »

Hey, just picked up an '05 (red) (traded my '03 ultra).  Where can you get this White Diamond stuff (other than the net).  Also, has anyone tried using this stuff, or similar, with the mothers power wheel?  thanks!! :)

Pat

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 12:31:07 AM »

Welcome to the site Pat, I always excited when we get a new Fat Boy member on board. Sorry can't help you with the white diamond but send sefatboyscott a PM & I'm sure he will help.
What mods does it have & what do you have planned??

[smiley=worthless.gif]

Cheers
 [smiley=drink.gif]
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

DaBluzDude

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 12:52:11 PM »

Thanks.  Bike has 600 miles on it.  the only mods are the passing lamps and the SEII slip on's.  no mods planned (yeah, right).  I do like those forward controls, I could stand to stretch out a bit.

peace,
Pat

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 04:32:36 AM »

Questions that come to mind: 1. Did you get the surface scratching that comes with using a microfiber towel? 2. How about after using your reccomended stuff, did you still get that criss cross scratchy pattern across the flat surfaces?

3. Why did you use Mothers polish on Alum. type wheels when you knew the possibility of F.U.B.A.R.-ing your wheels?

4. Did anybody answer about the power wheel application? I think I missed it.

Oh yeah, welcome aboard. This site has some truly great people who contribute to your future chrome (soon to be extinct) budget. Here's to ya.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 04:35:50 AM by kona76 »
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

DaBluzDude

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 12:40:50 PM »

anybody tried the mothers "aluminum" power polish?

Pat

longshot

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006, 03:45:28 AM »

I've just about had enough of these wheels. To hard to take care of. You just can't keep those little fine scratches out. Has anyone got any thoughts on getting them chromed? I hate to change wheels since the solid wheels is the fatboy trade mark.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 03:46:18 AM by longshot »

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2006, 04:24:41 AM »

I've got a chrome rear wheel due any day now. It is a 16 x 6 solid disc spun alloy wheel (for my 200 tyre conversion project), looks very very similar to the stock wheel, the only difference being instead of the riverts it has a small stainless acorn nut each side as the rim is 2 pieces bolted together . I could have got it in a polished alloy finish but I opted to have it chromed before assembly as I am told the chrome finish will be a lot eaiser to look after. If it all goes well and looks & maintains better than the front wheel, I may have to get that chromed as well. It would end up looking the same as the rear wheel as they must drill the riverts and chrome the 2 seperate halves. Then bolt it back  together with a small stud & a pair of acorn nuts & finally seal the join for the tubeless tyre fitment.

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2006, 10:09:58 PM »

I got the white diamnonds from Century Harley Davidson in Medina Ohio. It is not cheap but worked well. What I found that works even better is EXTREEME metal polish, it comes in a can and you rip off pieces of cotton with the polish inpregnated, it made quick work of making my wheels look even better than when new....not a single fine line scratch although it took 3 hours to do one side of one rim. I have been told that you can polish raw aluminum with this stuff and make it polished......have yet to try it but I believe it!
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

RBFB

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2006, 09:52:16 PM »

What kind of rag were you using? The microfiber seem to leave marks in mine.

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006, 10:22:47 PM »

buy a brand new microfiber and don't wash it and don't let it get wet. You only get one use out of it before using it for some other type of rag..perhaps to check fluid levels?
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 20 queries.