Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Would you get rid of your CVO?  (Read 5251 times)

powercorp

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 06' FLSTFSE2 Or if you are short on time....FATBOY
Re: Would you get rid of your CVO?
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2009, 09:21:48 PM »

Absolutely!!!

Life is all about change....

20K and it's yours tomorrow....  :bananarock:

I would get another bike....

EP

ryr8828dj

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: SE Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2009, 10:53:16 PM »

Absolutely!!!

Life is all about change....

20K and it's yours tomorrow....  :bananarock:

I would get another bike....

EP

Yes, I agree... but the question was about dissatisfaction not change...  I might consider change but I'm completely satisfied with mine.

badhorse

• Phoenix Performance
    • NV

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2009, 10:54:23 PM »

Since You asked...

If I had it to do over, I would have kept my wing.  :oops

My 05 SEEG is an ok touring bike and it's been good to Me. In the sunshine, terrific. In bad weather not so much.  $30k plus price and no ABS, no heated grips or seat, and a fairing designed 50 years ago. Cold and wet makes for a long day. Why? I'll tell you why, because H-D is a slave to fashion. That's why.  Well, I know the 06 SEUG has grips and seat heated, although I have heard the grips could be better. ABS seems to have finally showed up, but years after everyone else had them on their top of the line bikes.

The 103 motor was disappointing. This is the best H-D can do? After 2 years I put a SERT, A/C, pipes and a tune. You know the drill. Much better, what i thought the 103 would have been from the start, 102 hp, 106 tq.

The brakes are equally disappointing. They don't stop very well. Why is this? Had them checked, no malfunction. They feel fine. They just take a much longer distance than my wing to stop. Both bikes are about the same weight. I don't get it.

The suspension rides like Fred Flintstone engineered it. I'm glad to see the 09 frame improvements.  Hey, remember You asked.

That being said, after 4 years and several cross country runs, I have become very attached to my glide. It has it's flaws but it is a beautiful bike, dependable and fun. I'll probably keep it for some time, maybe forever.   :cherry:

Rinehart Headpipe, TD Monster ovals, AK20, Bitubo, seat by Ricks, SERT, Daymakers

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2009, 10:55:54 PM »

Your kidding right? I have well over 40K in this P.O.S. and still can't cruise down the road without pinging from hell! Warranty so far.......................12K!
You newer members have to know what we 2006 owners went through with the faulty paint process used on our bikes, when the COO of Harley got his is when our complaints were finally noticed.
 With mufflers falling off ( after 3 complaints of exhaust noise ), PAINT, grips 3 times), exhaust shields breaking, stereo, garage door opener, 3.....yes 3 ECMs, stalling, HEAT from HELL!, man I just can't remember them all. I would sell it and get an '05 or '04 tomorrow if I could get even 25K for it.
 You have to understand the sick feeling we all went through with this bike after buying the BEST of the BEST! Lots of lost sleep back in '06.
This is what the factory sent as a replacement for my tank, with the new paint process, notice how the emblems line up??????

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2009, 10:56:18 PM »

Original

DarkEagle

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond with Emerald Ice Flames
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2009, 09:46:06 AM »

So far 54% of us are on the same page, or we just bought the right one.
Agreed, I can't imagine another bike that is any better for my taste & riding needs than my 09 CVO Springer. It just doesn't get any better than this! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 20 queries.