Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: Cee Bailey's 14" Dark Windshield@ $300...NO THANKS!  (Read 22048 times)

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
Re: Cee Bailey's 14" Dark Windshield@ $300...NO THANKS!
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2009, 12:49:59 PM »

Doc, everything looks copostetic on the fairing...I'm home for lunch so I'll give it a try on the way back to work with the 3/4 helmet and see how things go.  I did have to tighten a couple screws on the windshield...seemed looser than the others.  I'll let you know how things went after work...can't log-on at work but can read.  Dan

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2009, 06:54:04 PM »

UPDATE: Tightening down the screws did the trick on the vibrating windscreen.  I get less buffeting with the 3/4 "Bug" helmet so that has a lot to do with it.  There is still more wind noise than the CV but the tradeoff in looks for a little functionality I think (for me) is worth it.  The CV will be my touring shield while the CB will be my summer/around town shield.  They are both great shields in their own right...time for :drink: :drink: :drink:

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 SE Fat Boy
    • CVO2: Blown 150HP 09 SE Road Glide
    • CVO3: No need to go further!
« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2009, 08:00:25 PM »

Let me say the fit is perfect. Finally some one had the smarts to use the stock CVO gasket!  The special series of plastic spacing washers work perfectly. Even a better fit than stock. Optical quality is also perfect. I have a picture of the KW and the CB side by side and you can see the optical difference. I have to say the KW was only a bit short on performance and did look good. I'm sure the CB 14 inch dark will raise the bar to a less turbulent ride and looks even better. Thanks Joe and every one at Cee Bailey's, Great product!  :2vrolijk_21:     
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2009, 08:01:40 PM »

Gasket fit. Note the the stock screws. Better finish.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 08:03:20 PM by Highwaystar »
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2009, 08:04:39 PM »

Side profile is Killer!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2009, 11:40:48 PM »

UPDATE: Tightening down the screws did the trick on the vibrating windscreen.  I get less buffeting with the 3/4 "Bug" helmet so that has a lot to do with it.  There is still more wind noise than the CV but the tradeoff in looks for a little functionality I think (for me) is worth it.  The CV will be my touring shield while the CB will be my summer/around town shield.  They are both great shields in their own right...time for :drink: :drink: :drink:

Thanks for the follow ups.  The vibrating post had me worried, as did the fuffeting.  I feel better now after reading this.  My 14 CB is on the bike, just will not get to test until Saturday or Sunday as I am out of town
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2009, 11:50:07 PM »

Let me say the fit is perfect. Finally some one had the smarts to use the stock CVO gasket!  The special series of plastic spacing washers work perfectly. Even a better fit than stock. Optical quality is also perfect. I have a picture of the KW and the CB side by side and you can see the optical difference. I have to say the KW was only a bit short on performance and did look good. I'm sure the CB 14 inch dark will raise the bar to a less turbulent ride and looks even better. Thanks Joe and every one at Cee Bailey's, Great product!  :2vrolijk_21:     

I know this has been said before, but that KW looks just like the CB 14" I just received. It's the old model for the standard RG and they have to be the same, distortions and all.  Doc (other)

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2009, 06:22:28 AM »

, as did the fuffeting. 
Can't have any fuffeting, sorry Dave, had to
Got mine finished installed last nite, Got to say it looks good, but wasn't any easier to install than the KW. the gasket fit on the KW just nice as it does on CB. now my KW came off the shelf in sept and Joe says it was not for my bike, oh well. I did get the chrome trim Piece on with a bit of persuasion. actually reshaped it
Now I still have to ride this thing to figure if it is road worthy but now there talking snow on SAT.
So far, good thing I got it at the old price.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Resbiker

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2009, 08:14:47 AM »

LarryB - how did you "persuade" the chrome trim to fit?  I assume you have the 09 SERG with CB windshield.
Thanks in advance.. :confused5:
2009 Sil/Tit SERG
2004 Bl/Blue SEEG
1989 Cop E-glide
Jap Bikes
#1 = 1960 Cushman Super Eagle

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

vtyanqui

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SERK Anniversary Model
    • CVO2: 09 SERG "Silver"
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2009, 04:53:55 PM »

Hey Chief - I've ordered an 09 SERG / Silver Ghost and I'll take possession in June if everything goes well.  After reading all these posts regarding CB shields I'm sold on buying a the dark tint, however, I want to ensure I order the right size for me. Your post stated you ordered the 14", how tall are you?  I'm 5'10" with a 29" inseam and the literature from CB suggests I order a 13" shield.  Most of the posts I'm reading have riders ordering the 14" shield; certainly not all the other riders are between 5'11" and 6'1".  Any recommendations?

Your comrade in arms (22 yrs AF)

Rob

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2009, 06:04:08 PM »

Hey Chief - I've ordered an 09 SERG / Silver Ghost and I'll take possession in June if everything goes well.  After reading all these posts regarding CB shields I'm sold on buying a the dark tint, however, I want to ensure I order the right size for me. Your post stated you ordered the 14", how tall are you?  I'm 5'10" with a 29" inseam and the literature from CB suggests I order a 13" shield.  Most of the posts I'm reading have riders ordering the 14" shield; certainly not all the other riders are between 5'11" and 6'1".  Any recommendations?

Your comrade in arms (22 yrs AF)

Rob

Rob, You'll probably be better off with the 13".  At 5' 10" you'd be looking at the edge or close to it...enough to bother you, especially with the dark tint.  You can tolerate a closer (higher) shield better if it's a lightly smoked or clear one but the darker it is the more you're aware of it. 

Thanks for your service,
Dan

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2009, 02:10:18 AM »

I also think that a 13" would better fit you .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

vtyanqui

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SERK Anniversary Model
    • CVO2: 09 SERG "Silver"
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2009, 06:04:16 PM »

Dan & Highjagger,  thanks for your inputs.  I spoke with Joe at CB last week and he confirmed what you two said - get the 13" so I ordered it.  Talked with Tony his sales rep and asked if I could still get the 20% off.  He said that promotion was no longer running but if I ordered it right then (about 5 minutes before closing) he'd sell it to me for $200.00 flat;  needless to say I ordered it.  I have no idea when it will arrive but I have until June as my Silver Ghost doesn't arrive until then.  I just hope I don't run into the problems discussed earlier today regarding shield height differences between the left and right side. 

Thanks again.

vtyanqui

8 U UP

• Full CVO Member
  • Eat'in em up every chance I get!

• CVO1: 09 SE ROAD GLIDE O/B
    • CVO2: 02 SUPERCHARGED HD F-150 BLACK
    • CVO3: 08 Z51 CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE ATOMIC ORANGE
« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2009, 07:34:51 PM »

Is the 14" cb windshield measured from the bottom or from the center screw?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 25 queries.