Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: exhust suggestions?  (Read 1677 times)

workingdan

• Full CVO Member
exhust suggestions?
« on: February 13, 2009, 07:37:55 AM »

Doing some head work and putting in a 625 cam and 10.25 comp pistons in my bike. I have a thunder header on it know. Was thinking of putting on something a little quieter. Any suggestions???
2018 SE ultra limited anniversary #460 V&H MK45 slip ons

Sold 2015 SE Road Glide Ultra. V&H power duals, V&H monster square mufflers. FP3 tuner

SOLD 2013 SE ultra. Fuel moto 2/1/2 head pipe, Pro touring mufflers, woods T222 cams, vision tuner.

SOLD 2007 SE ultra. full sac true duals with 2" baffels. big mouth air cleaner. Tman performance Stage 4 Thumper Series 110 " Kit. Tman 625 cam. SE race tuner. ultra style hard tour pak

SOLD 2005 SE FatBoy. Stage 1 AC, Thunderheader

brhulen

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary #1009
    • CVO2: 2002 FLSTCI Jade Sun Glo Pearl
Re: exhaust suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 02:46:34 PM »

Sure, put the stock exhaust system back on ! :D  Sorry, I just couldn't resist!  I guess that's why there are so many different systems out there.  If you want the ultimate performance, your ears (and those of your neighbors) are going to pay the price.  At one time or another we seem to have all aspired for the faster, louder, more macho ride (pick one).  I ran my Heritage for years with Screamin Eagle pipes, and I had a permanent grin pasted on my face when I fired it up or simply ran down the road.  Man it sounded great.  Of course I probably should add the fact that there seemed to be what I thought was a inordinate amount of unappreciative cage drivers.  What's wrong with those people?  When my friend and I rode around Alaska, I would always pull up on his left side, so he couldn't hear a damn thing from his radio on his Electra Glide. ;D  As I grew older and couldn't hear as well anymore, I grew to appreciate a nice quiet ride that the SEUC offers.  And lookee there there's an entertainment center too! Every once in awhile I still get the urge to go spend a bunch of money and change out both ends of the thing, but I can just as well listen to someone elses bike for a little while, and save a bundle of money (and what's left of my hearing) and then go spend it on more chrome.  I'm not picking on you, but sounds to me (pun) like you're starting to head down that same road.  Have a great day!
Brett in AK

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
Re: exhust suggestions?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 02:52:43 PM »

Doing some head work and putting in a 625 cam and 10.25 comp pistons in my bike. I have a thunder header on it know. Was thinking of putting on something a little quieter. Any suggestions???

Thunder Headers are loud, no doubt. How quiet do you want to go? D&D has a "quiet" baffle for the FatCat. It's still louder than a lot of other systems, though.

At the end of the day with that cam and compression, why would you want to go quiet? That seems like a waste of a good engine build to me...

REGGAB

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 10:05:09 PM »

As mentioned, you could go with a D&D FatCat with quiet baffle, but it'll bark when you snatch it.  Another alternative is to look at Vance & Hines Big Shots Long for Baggers and install the Quiet Baffles.  They're pretty tame with those baffles until you snatch the throttle.  The down side is the plug in the baffles will not allow you to get an A/F probe all the way into the pipe when on the dyno.

workingdan

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 02:47:46 PM »

Thunder Headers are loud, no doubt. How quiet do you want to go? D&D has a "quiet" baffle for the FatCat. It's still louder than a lot of other systems, though.

At the end of the day with that cam and compression, why would you want to go quiet? That seems like a waste of a good engine build to me...
I don't want to go real quit, I just don't want to get busted for noise if I go to a rally. I love a loud bike don't get me wrong, its just don't want to get hassled by the cops.I am leaning towards the fat cat with quiet baffles. Will that be quieter that my thunder header with the new cam and compression?
Thanks

Sold 2015 SE Road Glide Ultra. V&H power duals, V&H monster square mufflers. FP3 tuner

SOLD 2013 SE ultra. Fuel moto 2/1/2 head pipe, Pro touring mufflers, woods T222 cams, vision tuner.

SOLD 2007 SE ultra. full sac true duals with 2" baffels. big mouth air cleaner. Tman performance Stage 4 Thumper Series 110 " Kit. Tman 625 cam. SE race tuner. ultra style hard tour pak

Terminator

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 06:55:43 PM »

09 FLHTCUSE Red
2010 Road King Scarlet & Black
Wife's ride - 2010 FLHXXX Black

workingdan

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 09:45:51 AM »

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 11:22:34 AM »

??? How will this help me with my 07?? :nixweiss:

Exhaust systems are very personal. Not everyone will agree on what looks/works best. My advise is to check out what others are running on their bikes that YOU like. I guess you have an '07 SEUC ? Personally, I like the looks of the stock sytem, and if you want more flow (performance), a little louder exhaust note, and stock looks, give Steve a call:
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=27481.0
I hope this helps.
HOGMIKE

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 20 queries.