Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Tour-Pak LEDs and Turn Signals  (Read 11224 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Re: Tour-Pak LEDs and Turn Signals
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 07:56:52 PM »

I have an 08 casper SEUC and I was wanting to make the tail lights work as stop and running lights as well as the lights on the tour pac. I know that harley sells a plug in adapter for the tail lights to do this but I wanted to make the lights on the tourpac to act simmilarly. I want the corner lights to work as a stop, turn and running light an I want the long side lights to work as a turn and running lights. Does anyone know if this is possible w/o cutting into the harness?

http://www.ridetimetechnology.com/rtuta.htm  This site should help you.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 07:58:40 PM »

Short answer...Go to http://www.ridetimetechnology.com/tpupgrades.htm
Easiest way...

Looks like you hit the "post" button just ahead of me with the same answer.  I guess that answers his question.

05Ultra

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 08:00:02 PM »

Looks like you hit the "post" button just ahead of me with the same answer.  I guess that answers his question.

Should... ;)
All the bells and whistles. Including 6 speed, GPS and heated grips.
OK, I'm getting old. Get over it!

Lkn4advtr

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 11 FLTRUSE
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 08:13:05 PM »

thanks for the link. I will check them out in better detail to see wich one i need
Bruce
'Rollin down the highway, Lookin for adventure"

Eagle Soars

• Full CVO Member
  • formerly known as "UpChuck82"

• CVO1: '09 FLHTCUSE4 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2009, 03:52:34 AM »

I would just add that once you've researched it a little, then go ahead and call Keith at Ride Time and he'll spend all the time you need discussing your project and the solutions.  I spoke with him last Friday, for about 30 minutes, and he's very knowledgable and patient.  Great guy to work with.  He has adapters, controllers, etc. and is also a dealer for Custom Dynamics, so he'll get any of their parts needed at the same price as their website. 

I intend to wire mine completely with adapters, plugs, and dis-connects (in tour-pak), etc. so I don't tap ANY factory wires.  An example is pictured in Reply #11 above that plugs in between the harness plug under the seat, then the leads will go to my tour-pak.  The factory wires in t/p will remain, just not used.  Just seems easier that way, to me, since I'm replacing the t/p lights with LEDs.  Keith is even making me a couple dis-connect wires, along with adding plugs to chosen Back-Off XP (or Wig-Wag) controller.  All will be dummy proof for future t/p removals and reinstalls, etc. (only plug in one-way).

Good Luck!
2009 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
Arlen Ness Big Sucker (Chrome Backplate) w/ KN Filter
SERT
SE Slip-Ons

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2009, 03:59:31 AM »

I would just add that once you've researched it a little, then go ahead and call Keith at Ride Time and he'll spend all the time you need discussing your project and the solutions.  I spoke with him last Friday, for about 30 minutes, and he's very knowledgable and patient.  Great guy to work with.  He has adapters, controllers, etc. and is also a dealer for Custom Dynamics, so he'll get any of their parts needed at the same price as their website. 

I intend to wire mine completely with adapters, plugs, and dis-connects (in tour-pak), etc. so I don't tap ANY factory wires.  An example is pictured in Reply #11 above that plugs in between the harness plug under the seat, then the leads will go to my tour-pak.  The factory wires in t/p will remain, just not used.  Just seems easier that way, to me, since I'm replacing the t/p lights with LEDs.  Keith is even making me a couple dis-connect wires, along with adding plugs to chosen Back-Off XP (or Wig-Wag) controller.  All will be dummy proof for future t/p removals and reinstalls, etc. (only plug in one-way).

Good Luck!

Did he say anything about the tourpack LED conversion with turn signals being backordered?  You probably didn't talk about that, since I think I remember you saying somewhere above that you were going with the other version of that part.  The one thing where we may have steered Lkn4advtr wrong was that he didn't ask for LED's in his question.  Personally, I think with the good prices offered, switching to the LED's is a no brainer, but not everyone may think so.  I did receive my squareback taillamp from them, and it is mighty nice and bright.  I also received the tourpack side lamp turn signal converter, but I didn't see any reason to install it until I receive the other tourpack lamps.

Eagle Soars

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2009, 04:08:16 AM »

I thought we talked about it and I thought he said it was in stock (Version 1).  Do not know about Version 2.  He said it'd be a couple days to get the amber turn signal LEDs from Custom Dynamics, along with the Back-Off I decide on, and to add plugs to them all for me (Load Equalizer, too).  I plan on calling him tomorrow so I can ask him for you and let you know.

By the way...don't you ever sleep either?
SERT
SE Slip-Ons

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2009, 05:17:03 AM »

I thought we talked about it and I thought he said it was in stock (Version 1).  Do not know about Version 2.  He said it'd be a couple days to get the amber turn signal LEDs from Custom Dynamics, along with the Back-Off I decide on, and to add plugs to them all for me (Load Equalizer, too).  I plan on calling him tomorrow so I can ask him for you and let you know.

By the way...don't you ever sleep either?

You aren't the first to ask me if I ever sleep.  Sometimes.

I do remember that you said you were getting version 1 and I'm getting version 2.  I didn't go back through and read the prior posts in this thread, but I do remember something about getting some components that they were out of.  I guess I can't get real concerned about it now...it's still 16 degrees out and snow all over.  If I don't see them arriving sometime next month, then I'll start worrying.  I'm more concerned right now about getting my exhaust system here and installed.

Eagle Soars

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2009, 05:12:21 PM »

Just spoke with Keith...he makes the RTU-1 & 2 himself and is making batches of them this week (working on them when I called).  They use the exact same boards, etc., but for version 2 (RTU-2), he wires in the 1156/7? style plug and adds some jumpers on the board, etc.  Sounded like they might be ready this week.
SERT
SE Slip-Ons

Lkn4advtr

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2009, 05:42:51 PM »

after you sent me to thier website i ended up ordering the new RTU-3. it has a progressive turn sequence. the light is actually 3 panels and they will light up panel 1, panel 1,2 , and panel 1,2,3 , and all off then repeat. this is a LED repacement for the tourpac corner lights. it has the 1157? plug and then 1 wire that must be wired in under the seat. said he was working on prior orders (probably upchuk's) and should be able to ship 1st of next week.
Bruce

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2009, 06:52:19 PM »

after you sent me to thier website i ended up ordering the new RTU-3. it has a progressive turn sequence. the light is actually 3 panels and they will light up panel 1, panel 1,2 , and panel 1,2,3 , and all off then repeat. this is a LED repacement for the tourpac corner lights. it has the 1157? plug and then 1 wire that must be wired in under the seat. said he was working on prior orders (probably upchuk's) and should be able to ship 1st of next week.
Bruce

I'm going to stick with the Version 2.  I'm not sure I'd like the sequential lighting or not.  I wish they had a video of it on their website, or even some mention of it for that matter.  Maybe after seeing it and knowing exactly how it looks when operating, I may have gone with that one, but I think I'll be happy with what I'm getting.  Glad you were able to find what you were looking for.

Eagle Soars

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2009, 07:10:35 PM »

Bruce

I did not see that on his site, but really like the idea of it.  What happens when you hit the brakes while a turn signal is on?  Does the whole light go solid on or just the opposite side or what?   hmmmm.....

Did he tell you about this RTU-3 or did you find it on there somewhere?
SERT
SE Slip-Ons

Lkn4advtr

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2009, 12:51:35 PM »

I asked if they had a progressive version and he said it was brand new. Im under the impression that its progressive "blink" will work the same as a normal blink with regard to the brake light and running lights.
Bruce

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2009, 03:50:39 PM »

I asked if they had a progressive version and he said it was brand new. Im under the impression that its progressive "blink" will work the same as a normal blink with regard to the brake light and running lights.
Bruce

I spoke to Keith today at Ride Time and when I mentioned the RTU-3, he said Bruce must have told you about that.  He said that only 3 people know about it so far and he didn't really want too many people to know about it until he's ready to start selling them.  He was telling me how he likes to test out all of his products to make sure they work in conjunction with every possible item on a bike, and I don't think he's done that with this item yet.  He sounded excited to be able to offer it, but at the same time, I don't think he's ready to fully debut it either.  He told me that he's pretty much a one man operation and can't always keep pace.  Nice guy to talk to.  He's still trying to get prior orders shipped out and he said that he'll put the RTU-3 on his website when he's ready to sell them.  You may be the only person with these lights, since it sounds like he agreed to send you a set.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2009, 06:01:47 PM »

I now have the tourpack LED lights with turn signals and the tourpack side lights as turn signals and they work as expected and nice and bright.  I also got the tail lamp from Ride Time Technology.  It's a pretty nice setup now.  Can't get photos, which never show how bright they are anyway, as my bike is in the shop waiting for a warm enough day to dyno it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 25 queries.