Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Aux Lighting Bracket Recommendations - '08 SERK  (Read 5251 times)

Majorrocky

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 / SERK
Aux Lighting Bracket Recommendations - '08 SERK
« on: March 01, 2009, 07:07:49 PM »

I have an '08 SERK / FLHRSE4 and I'd like to implement driving lights and relocate the turn signals away from the handlebars to the forks / driving lights.

From surfing the '09 Fat Book and digging around it looks like I need 69227-04a and 69235-04 but I can't tell for sure.  I'd like to keep the same type of light housing that will match the nacelle and I want to keep the bullet shaped turn signals.  Has anyone done this and if so can you provide a parts listing / comment on how much trouble it was? 

Black Diamond - from some pictures I've seen of your bike on this forum it looks like you've done exactly what I'd like to do.  Any direction / guidance and particularly pictures you can provide would be very appreciated.

Thanks all.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
Re: Aux Lighting Bracket Recommendations - '08 SERK
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 07:42:15 PM »

I have an '08 SERK / FLHRSE4 and I'd like to implement driving lights and relocate the turn signals away from the handlebars to the forks / driving lights.

From surfing the '09 Fat Book and digging around it looks like I need 69227-04a and 69235-04 but I can't tell for sure.  I'd like to keep the same type of light housing that will match the nacelle and I want to keep the bullet shaped turn signals.  Has anyone done this and if so can you provide a parts listing / comment on how much trouble it was? 

Black Diamond - from some pictures I've seen of your bike on this forum it looks like you've done exactly what I'd like to do.  Any direction / guidance and particularly pictures you can provide would be very appreciated.

Thanks all.

MajorR

You have outstanding taste in motorcycles!
Here's the parts list I needed.
69227-04A - Chrome Auxiliary Lighting Bracket Kit
69622-99B - Passing Lamp Bezel
69235-04 - Custom Passing Lamp Bracket Hardware Kit (if you use a detachable windshield)
68348-05 - Auxiliary Lamp Bulb Kit - Clear Lens with Vertical Reflector Optics
69228-04 - Custom Passing Lamp Bracket Turn Signal Kit
Of course some chrome nuts, grommets etc. I think that's it.  You come this way from the MoCo but then how would they get more of our money?  :-\ ;D

JW

Majorrocky

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 09:34:48 PM »

Man, that's awesome!!!  Thanks for the quick reply and the detail.

As for the good taste... it's not hard to love that bike...  I had a Kawasaki Vulcan Mean Streak (still have - for sale by the way) and went to the Harley demo days last year around this time and rode that SERK...  Fell in love with it and immediately began the search... found it and bought it in July and haven't looked back since...

Again, thanks for the detail.  If you've got any good pictures of that front end I'd love to see 'em...

Ride on...

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 11:44:56 PM »

As requested

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 11:46:06 PM »

With leather bags

Majorrocky

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 09:50:54 AM »

And again... thank you VERY much for posting these... that's what I'm looking for...

:bananarock:

Majorrocky

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 04:03:27 PM »

One other thing just crossed my mind while looking at your pix... Does the way those light brackets mount interfere with your ability to take the windshield on and off?  I know they're designed to work with the removable shield as far as the mounting goes but I just wondered if it blocks you from tilting the shield back to remove it.  I rarely ever take mine off (when I wash the bike mainly) but I thought I had better ask now...

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 04:51:12 PM »

Never been a problem. Easy on / off. I take mine off ever so often when I'm just puttin around!

JW

Muddywaters

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SERK
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 11:27:28 PM »

Thanks all.

Majorrocky: Great post...!! And Black Diamond, great informative reply!! I as well have been searching this site for the exact look. Lord and behold...part # to boot!!! Needless to say, the extra visability can't hurt anybody. I also like how it beefs up the front end!

Q? Do you use your same turn signals? Also...Black Diamond, How do you like your W/S? I'm 5'10", and if I put my hand up, (just at the top of my helmet) this is where I feel the bulk of the wind coming off my stock W/S. Do you like this W/S height vers the stock? If so, could you supply me with the link? Thanks heaps!! Muddy
Save The Wave...

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 11:38:17 PM »

Majorrocky: Great post...!! And Black Diamond, great informative reply!! I as well have been searching this site for the exact look. Lord and behold...part # to boot!!! Needless to say, the extra visability can't hurt anybody. I also like how it beefs up the front end!

Q? Do you use your same turn signals? Also...Black Diamond, How do you like your W/S? I'm 5'10", and if I put my hand up, (just at the top of my helmet) this is where I feel the bulk of the wind coming off my stock W/S. Do you like this W/S height vers the stock? If so, could you supply me with the link? Thanks heaps!! Muddy

MuddyW

The same turn signal housings are used.

I am using the Road King® Detachable King-Size Windshield - Mid-Low Profile P/N 58325-06

The stock windshield is a cute little thing. Worthless but cute. I am 5' 9". The stock w/s caused my sunglasses to buffet about my face just enough to be irritating. The Mid-Low is right at the tip of my nose so I'm looking over it. Works great!

JW

Muddywaters

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 12:37:46 AM »

MuddyW

The same turn signal housings are used. Perfect

I am using the Road King® Detachable King-Size Windshield - Mid-Low Profile P/N 58325-06 Gotcha
The stock windshield is a cute little thing. Worthless but cute.  Too funny, but true!

JW

Thanks JW!!!! You've been very helpful...btw: your ride looks great! Muddy...Ride safe!!
Save The Wave...

Majorrocky

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 04:50:40 PM »

If you want some really clear close-ups of how this looks installed take a look at this thread that I found after originally posting this one:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=24680.0

I found a few more threads on the same topic but these are the best pix I found.  Not keen on the wiring job but as stated, that was a personal choice.

Ride On

Muddywaters

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 05:09:19 PM »

If you want some really clear close-ups of how this looks installed take a look at this thread that I found after originally posting this one:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=24680.0

I found a few more threads on the same topic but these are the best pix I found.  Not keen on the wiring job but as stated, that was a personal choice.

Ride On

Hey JW...yea, I can relate to the wiring job! Do you have close up pic's of the way you tackeled it? I can not see the second pic very well , in regards to the drilling and gromments...Thanks heaps!! :2vrolijk_21:Muddy
Save The Wave...

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 10:40:24 AM »

I am unable to do that at this time as my scooter's at the shop. I could get it to you next week. If that works, let me know.

JW

Muddywaters

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 11:06:43 AM »

I am unable to do that at this time as my scooter's at the shop. I could get it to you next week. If that works, let me know.

JW

JW: That would be perfect! Much appreciated :2vrolijk_21: Just got mine back yesterday (shop), and was able to get a ride in, between the showers! Yes!!! Believe I'll go down today and order your part #'s today...Just trying to figure out which bezzels to order? Have a great weekend! Muddy
Save The Wave...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 20 queries.