Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bad ground good dealer  (Read 831 times)

oakmtnbody

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 SE Fatboy Silver Mist
    • CVO2: 2006 Street Glide Black
    • CVO3: 2009 SE Road Glide orange
Bad ground good dealer
« on: March 08, 2009, 11:52:08 AM »

Left thursday morning for Daytona Beach,about 200 miles into the 600 mile trip my radio went out while playing the mp3.I waited about 20 seconds and it came back but the problem repeted itself about 25 times before I made it to the hotel.I fiqured a bad component in the radio and dreaded the trip back without the tunes but I found out the next morning on my ride down Main Street that the radio silence was nothing compared to silence of the the 110 motor when it died.I could see Rossmeyers Original HD dealer across the canal so I called the service department and spoke to a woman with a heavy acent and explained the problem,she told me to call a tow truck,I tried to explain the part about the new 34 grand bike with 1049 mile on it within sight of her dealership.So I called the general mgr at my dealer in Pelham Al and he called Rossmeyers Worlds largest dealer that was 10 mile up the road and they came and picked up me and what my co-riders were calling the orange lemon.Got to the dealer and started walking through all the venders that were setup and within 45 minutes Carl from service calls me and said my bike was fixed,bad ground behind rear cylinder under battery ,they had seen it happen before.I came back a day early because I was not sure the bike was fixed and did not want to be stranded on a sunday but it ran strong all day all the way back.Thanks to my dealer mgr Mike Gay and also to Larry,Gary,Carl,Rob and who ever the tech was that corrected the problem so fast at the Worlds Largest HD Rossmeyer dealer.I don't know what you say about the woman in service at the other Rossmeyer dealer,I guess you have those people everwhere.

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
Re: Bad ground good dealer
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 12:01:24 PM »

bad ground behind rear cylinder under battery

i had that happen to me on a 4year old dyna.

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
Re: Bad ground good dealer
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 01:34:24 PM »

Sounds like you were very lucky. This trip could have had a bad ending. Having a good dealer on your side is very important when you've invested so much $$$ on something so "sensitive" as a CVO.

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 20 queries.