Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Incredible Highs  (Read 2237 times)

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 SE Fat Boy
    • CVO2: Blown 150HP 09 SE Road Glide
    • CVO3: No need to go further!
Incredible Highs
« on: March 15, 2009, 12:40:56 AM »

I installed the HID kit with the HID High beams. I found the steel plates left and right of the radio are the perfect mounting position for the igniter boxes! Looks like a Factory spot! the bolts line up perfectly. I will post the beam photos soon as possible. This is a plug and play installation. The remaining unused factory bulb plug is now used for the HD garage opener that also plugs right in! I was blown away by the performance of this system. The bulbs have a small trap door shield surrounding the bulb that opens and allows more light to shine up and over for super high beams. They actually make a click sound when activated. No need to remove the bulb shields as described in another riders post. This is the same system as Jim Kerr has installed but with the HID low and High and a different location for the boxes. 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 09:58:09 PM by Highwaystar »
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

Re: Incredible Highs
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 12:41:29 AM »

Left side
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 09:55:07 PM »

This is low beam with an excellent width. High beam exceeds expectations also.  :2vrolijk_21:

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 10:28:03 PM »

Kit:http://www.xenonlink.com/product_info.php?products_id=102   :2vrolijk_21:

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 08:32:53 AM »

have you tried the lights with the shades removed? i have. :orange:

i ended up with bulbs from the same source because of the bulb base length is not too long for the tr. :2vrolijk_21:...i also like the 6k color. lights the street signs up.

what works for one may not for others.

enjoy

TN

edit:  i do agree its not necessary to remove the shade, but without it the bulb moves in and out to change the focal point. just try it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 12:07:07 PM by TN »
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 04:52:06 PM »

WARNING:  If you have the Tune Trapper hidden antennae, this setup will NOT work. 

I mounted the ballast/igniter boxes in this position next to the radio on each side and when the lights are fired up, they produce interference with the radio reception.  On highbeam (holegen)...no interference or hissing sound!  I took it all apart and mounted the ballasts down on the outer fairing like Jim Kerr did and everything works perfect...boy...they light up the night!

Another advantage with the ballasts mounted on the outer fairing is there is only the two three-prong connectors to the lights to disconnect when pulling the fairing.

Jim Kerr's thread:   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=28425.0

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 05:02:16 PM »

what does this setup run?
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 05:44:11 PM »

$120...free shipping USPS...gets to your house in 3-days!  Best investment for the money I've made so far...it REALLY gets their attention and allows you to see SO MUCH BETTER going down country roads...super clean color differentiation 

Deer are my biggest fear...seriously stupid animal...

I got the 6000K brightness

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 06:31:51 PM »

I  did not install the hidden antenna so I can not comment on interference. I like the stock antenna and have no problem with interference with this igniter mounting location. The High beams function utilize a trap door to allow more light to escape on the HID high-HID low system. I know removing the shields would remove the high beam function of this bulb. It may work with the HID low-halogen high system, true. The shields are typical of what is required of all legal head lamp bulbs. They reduce the intensity for on coming traffic. I have excellent field of vision with the 5000k and would not want to blind an elderly driver at my expense. I like riding too much. I know Johny law would ask for my autograph if I removed the shields eventually thinking I had high's on. I don't want to ramble on but  we can some times outsmart our selves, go a little to far and not gain that much.     

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 07:26:05 PM »

My setup didn't come with any shields.  The low beams are the HID and they have a holegen bulb running along the side for high.  I got the 9003 HB2 kit...see link

http://www.xenonlink.com/product_info.php?cPath=91_93&products_id=114

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 08:23:39 AM »

I  did not install the hidden antenna so I can not comment on interference. I like the stock antenna and have no problem with interference with this igniter mounting location. The High beams function utilize a trap door to allow more light to escape on the HID high-HID low system. I know removing the shields would remove the high beam function of this bulb. It may work with the HID low-halogen high system, true. The shields are typical of what is required of all legal head lamp bulbs. They reduce the intensity for on coming traffic. I have excellent field of vision with the 5000k and would not want to blind an elderly driver at my expense. I like riding too much. I know Johny law would ask for my autograph if I removed the shields eventually thinking I had high's on. I don't want to ramble on but  we can some times outsmart our selves, go a little to far and not gain that much.     

negative, the bulb moves in and out to change the focal point for the high/low.
and i promise this is the last time i will post about this unless asked.

just trying to help

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 05:31:58 PM »

negative, the bulb moves in and out to change the focal point for the high/low.
and i promise this is the last time i will post about this unless asked.

just trying to help

TN

SO :-X  I DON'T NEED NO STINKING SHIELD?  :o ::)

bogman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: CVO-Softail-Springer-FXSTSSE3
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 05:45:58 PM »

Quick question, is the light from this white like normal, or is there a tinge of blue?

Any problem from road users coming in the opposite direction, not if they are properly setup I guess

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 06:06:19 PM »

My 2 cent's is only worth only a penny... it's the economy! It makes sense to remove the intensity shields from the bulbs for maximum light. I choose not to because it could cause some one with poor night vision to involve them self and or me in a bad situation. Hell... strait pipes and bright lights! You know...Makes it easy to find your way back to your mobile home park! :huepfenjump3:

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 08:16:48 PM »

As I said...mine didn't come with any metal or otherwise shields.  Also, the trailor park must be pretty swanky if the residents can afford a SERG :coolblue:
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 20 queries.