Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone try this?  (Read 864 times)

clegg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG, Black & Orange. 106 stroker, 585 S&S gear driven cams, SE billet cam plate w/ SE oil pump, 52mm S&S throttle body with closed loop VFI system, Vance & Hines 2 into 1. Headwork by Leo Hess at Full Blast Engineering.
Anyone try this?
« on: March 17, 2009, 06:52:32 AM »

Long story short. I ordered a cee bailey shield for my 2000 SERG on Feb 20. Fed Ex dropped by on the 24th. I was not home, they sent it back to California the same day. Now on the 16th of March I get my shield, but it is for an 09 SERG. And this after I sent them an email to be sure that I was not going to get a shield for an 09 SERG....
     Any way, they tell me to buy a gasket for the 09 SERG, and it will install on my bike. I would like to have a new shield on my bike, but will this work or look like chit? My other faster option they say is pay for another shield to get the ball rolling, and they will refund me my money when they get my old one back.
Semper Fidelis

vtyanqui

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SERK Anniversary Model
    • CVO2: 09 SERG "Silver"
Re: Anyone try this?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 07:24:07 AM »

All things considered and knowing CB is good at their word (at least they have been to me) I'd opt for buying another shield for my 2000 SERG.  This way you know you have a shield that is made for your bike and not making the one you have “fit”.  That's just my $0.02 worth.

UFO_HOG

• Good Guys Wear Black
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 06:47:22 PM »

I'm just the opposite, buy the gasket and put the shield on. It will fit just fine, and the gasket adds a nice finishing touch. Just be sure to use the hardware they sent you.
You gotta be smart enough to understand the rules of motorcycling, and dumb enough to think the game's important.

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 11:39:06 AM »

Didn't the fairing change in 2004? I can't see getting the proper fit even with a gasket.

BryantH

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: CVO SERG - Silver 2009
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 12:29:42 PM »

"Didn't the fairing change in 2004? I can't see getting the proper fit even with a gasket."

I don't think the actual plastic shell of the shark nose changed in 2004 but the angle in which it sits on the frame changed, so theoretically, the CB 14inch could fit the same as it does on the 2009 bikes- with the new gasket of course. I may be wrong and if so, some one here will let us know.

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 24 queries.