Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Author Topic: Little help...photos of your area in the east?  (Read 8397 times)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Little help...photos of your area in the east?
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2008, 07:54:23 AM »

make note....   dont come to Florida in the summer. Its hot muggy and no one knows how to drive.  :(

Yupper!  I agree Dave...It is going to start soon after this nice weather goes away this weekend... :'(

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2008, 08:09:31 AM »

Yupper!  I agree Dave...It is going to start soon after this nice weather goes away this weekend... :'(
Payback for all those cracks about Northeast snow??   :nixweiss:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2008, 08:09:50 AM »

It's always bug season in our part of the Fountain of Youth State, but in summer (April - October), the warm weather is similar to giving bugs steroids.  Bugs love to attack Harleys, and it's usually not a good end for either.  The frequent afternoon Liquid Sunshine complimentary all natural bike washes help some.  ;D
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2008, 08:18:52 AM »

Payback for all those cracks about Northeast snow??   :nixweiss:

It is kinda true...We have nice weather mostly, but where I am at, nothing but long straight roads, very boring, other than avoiding mass quantities of cotton tops, illeagals and way more than our fair share of plain old fasioned Effin cell phone suckin MORONs...

You guys have the beauty or the roads (non-potholes to death) but it ain't no good when its froze over...

I think the Cali boys win the weather with beauty road riding thing...

It's all good.

Its "gusher" season dowm here for the next few weeks...Little bugs that are full of a volume of clear liquid greater than thier own size they really splat and gush...

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2008, 08:38:05 AM »

I was heading into the sunset last night and it was near 70 degrees.  There was a speckly haze coming at me.  After only about 5 miles I made it home and could barely tell what color my bike was before.  Upon arrival, I thought it might be easiest to clean the bugs off before they hardened into crazy glue.  I sprayed the front with a detail polish and proceeded to smear the bug guts all over the place.  I think it might be easier to wait until they dry and use a thumbnail first.  I don't know how you FLA guys do it.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2008, 08:47:41 AM »

Hot soapy soaking wet towel, soak for a few minutes, it loosens the crazy glue enough to to a regular wash...

I try and ride only when it is hotter than Africa out, the bugs aren't even stupid enough to be out then...
Like golf, no fun unless it is well over 90 with a gazillion % humidity, hoo-rah!   :apple:

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2008, 08:52:08 AM »

Hot soapy soaking wet towel, soak for a few minutes, it loosens the crazy glue enough to to a regular wash...

Before they dry or after?

I try and ride only when it is hotter than Africa out, the bugs aren't even stupid enough to be out then...
Like golf, no fun unless it is well over 90 with a gazillion % humidity, hoo-rah!   :apple:
I usually shoot in the 80's, if it gets any hotter, I melt.  You know the saying about golf, "dress 70's, talk 80's, shoot 90's"

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2008, 08:55:10 AM »

Within a few beers post ride...when the motor n stuff cools a little...
If I ever shoot in the 80's it is gonna get very cold "somewhere"...
Such is "pre-drive beer per hole golf rule"...

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2008, 08:59:35 AM »

Within a few beers post ride...when the motor n stuff cools a little...
If I ever shoot in the 80's it is gonna get very cold "somewhere"...
Such is "pre-drive beer per hole golf rule"...

I'm with you, I've broken 100 only once.  On a par 71.  I don't take score cards with me anymore.  It's a lot more fun that way.  I like the beer per hole rule too.  Somehow, when playing that way, the course is either lacking enough trees and overgrowth, or ovenlike fermenting outhouses.  By the back nine, no one cares, the world is my urinal.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2008, 09:00:31 AM »

I'm with you, I've broken 100 only once.  On a par 71.  I don't take score cards with me anymore.  It's a lot more fun that way.  I like the beer per hole rule too.  Somehow, when playing that way, the course is either lacking enough trees and overgrowth, or ovenlike fermenting outhouses.  By the back nine, no one cares, the world is my urinal.

I break 100 all the time, but over 100 not under! And we ain't talkin golf here! ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2008, 09:06:57 AM »

When I rate a course a lot is based on...errr...uh...Pee trees n bushes..just look out for scorpions, snakes and other weenie biters...yes, I have suffered mosquito bites on my little fireman while "looking for my ball"..
You know....PGA national is real snooty when it comes to optional restrooms use...I'll go back someday..

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2008, 04:54:00 AM »

When I rate a course a lot is based on...errr...uh...Pee trees n bushes..just look out for scorpions, snakes and other weenie biters...yes, I have suffered mosquito bites on my little fireman while "looking for my ball"..You know....PGA national is real snooty when it comes to optional restrooms use...I'll go back someday..
:o

Mike try turning around and spray the shrubs with yer portable flame thrower first. Barbeque the little buggers first, then they wont bite.  :huepfenlol2:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2008, 10:35:41 AM »

I break 100 all the time, but over 100 not under! And we ain't talkin golf here! ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
Man, I'd never ride at those break neck speeds. :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

dereck

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHXSE2.ORG

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
    • CVO2: sold FLHRSE3 Black Ice
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2008, 10:34:11 PM »

East coast

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2008, 11:01:02 PM »

Fort Macon, here in eastern, NC.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Page created in 0.423 seconds with 24 queries.