Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: How much you paying for insurance?  (Read 5894 times)

golaith69

• 06 FLHTCUSE - BLACK CANDY CRIMSON
  • Full CVO Member
  • PLEASE STAND UP WHEN YOU ARE TALKING 2 ME
Re: How much you paying for insurance?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 04:58:11 PM »

hello;  all ;  i am paying  $590 year for my  06 seuc and my wifes 00 heritage-valued at 30K....  250 deductable...  both have clear -no faults on record.. THRU DAIRYLAND / SENTRY INS.  thanks , jeff
up grades - true duals , vance & hines slash cuts , power commander , KN super sucker -w/ chrome base , smart siren II w/ pager ,chrome inner primary ,engine lites ,L.E.D tail lites ,chrome windshield molding ,oil temp guage into fairing, speaker trim rings ,radio trim piece , etc.

Carlos Silva

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 08:15:19 PM »

Thanks for that Carlos.  My renewal notice arrived over the weekend.  Called Nationwide this morning and at the same coverage limits the difference was $896 for Progressive versus $579 for Nationwide.  That's for both bikes.

cool!...yeah my buddys (the smart ones) made the call and were amazed at the diff...apparently they know we're not out there poppin' wheelies on these things...except the guys at Fullsac of course (mums the word)
2000 FLTRSEI  3-ToneRed - sold
2003 FXSTDSE  Centennial Gold
2009 FLTRSE3  Silver/Titanium
2007 400-HP TRAILBLAZER SS TOW VEHICLE

...when it comes to buying toys, I can justify anything

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2009, 11:19:10 PM »

I was insured with State Farm for the past 12 years. When I bought the new SERG they wanted $1700. for the year with a $1000 deductable. I called an insurance broker that found a place offering pretty much the same coverage for $960. In the end I went through the same broker but a diffrent insurance company, $1150 for the year but full replacement value for the first year.

customryder

• Senior CVO Member
  • I'LL be your Huckelberry.

• CVO1: fxr4 2000 orange
    • CVO2: flhtcse 2004 blue/black
    • CVO3: CVO3 2005 elecrta glide CVO4 2009 roaglide CVO5 2012 roadglide skunk CVO6 2013 cvo roadglide atomic orange
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 02:20:38 PM »

you guys need to call "bike line" I have had them for years..Had a bike stolen they payed off in 30 days. with no BS> friends same way no bs..best rates.. 1-800 -236 -bike
2009 cvo road glide...2007 streetglide...................... cvo member #513
2009 f-350 Harley edt.

rottenroger

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SERK
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2009, 05:26:11 PM »

Using American Family on the bike only  50k/100k, 1k ded. for $436 per year on my 08 SERK. May go to Allstate who covers all my other stuff since they rewrote their bike
policies this last year. Never had a claim with them so I can't say anything about their claim service.
Code:

SE A/C
Rush Slip-on mufflers  2.25 Baffles
SERT
Chrome Head Bolt Bridge Cover
Ironside Passenger Floor boards
Flush Mount Gas Cap and Gauge
Standard Height Sissy Bar with Rack and 105 Annie Back Rest
Auxilary Passing Lamps
Clearview 17" light gray recurve Shield

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member
  • Utah, 2008 Best Trip Ever!

• CVO1: 03 SERK Purdue Gold & Black
    • CVO2: 09 SERG Silver & Black
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2009, 05:44:05 PM »

Just paid mine, two bikes- 03 SERK and 09 SERG,   250K, 500K with Foremost.  $769 / yr for both.
Steve

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2009, 08:24:42 PM »

I've had State Farm forever. At 41, in Seattle, 12 months is gonna run me $493 with $250 ded for comp & $500 for Collision  250/500/100

Smuuth

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE³
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2009, 08:48:50 PM »

Liability: 250,000, 500,000, 100,000
100 Deductible Comprehensive
500 Deductible Collision
Uninsured Motor Vehicle 250,000, 500,000

$359.83 per year - State Farm
Patriot Guard

The best thing about riding in the rain is you don't have to stop to piss.

HDskooter

• CVO1: 2006 CVO ultra Classic / six speed
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO3: 2007 Street Glide / Custom
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2009, 09:59:18 PM »

I  use GMAC insurance cost on 4 harley's right at 1.000.00 per year for all look them up on the e-internet

Brinks

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Silver/Blue
    • CVO2: 2008 SERK Annie
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2009, 02:06:59 PM »

I have the HD insurance through Safeco at $682.30 for '09 SEUC, 52 suburb of Chicago.

Liability 100k 300K
$250 ded for both

It's looks like I'm being taken to the cleaners!

Time to shop around! :smilie_daumenneg:

cyril

• I
  • Elite CVO Member
  • If it ain`t broke keep fixin it till it is !
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2009, 04:23:12 PM »

Do you get an agreed valuation form which is filled out by HD dealership which guarantees the payout in the event of toal loss.?
I also have a Buell Ulysees which cost £1.00 = $1.4 a week when added to HD insurance
If it aint broke keep fixin it till it is

mattyk

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2009, 09:14:29 PM »

$500 per year 500/1m with $250 deduct....with a lot of tickets.

oakmtnbody

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 SE Fatboy Silver Mist
    • CVO2: 2006 Street Glide Black
    • CVO3: 2009 SE Road Glide orange
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2009, 10:16:56 PM »

Sound like everybody is only concerned about the dollar amount of the policy premium but that won't matter much when and if you have a claim.I have dealt with most all of them in my business at one time or the other and most of the big ones every week.You would be surprised at the way some of them do business and the way they treat their so called customers.The most common tactics includes steering to the shop of their choice so they can control the repair and its always the cheapest way and the shops that partner with them are only try to satisfy the insurer.They also use deceptive phrases like we don't pay for that or we can't guarantee the work of the shop you chose or they aren't on our list(the good shops never are)or we have a cap on paint,materials,labor rates and you end up paying way more than just the deductible listed on your policy.This is not as common in motorcycle repair as automotive repair yet but believe me it has already started with companies like Geco,Regressive,Nationwild and don't forget the good hands people.The premium insurers that I have no problems out of and what I mean is they pay for what they owe,they use new oem parts on late model vehicles and they do not get involved in the actual repair process are State Farm,Alfa,Cincinnatti and Auto Owners.I realize all of these are not available in every state and country but you really need to base your decisions on the fine print written in these policies instead of what the yearly,monthly or bi-yearly premiums amounts to.If you ever have a partial or total loss you will find out why you can't turn on the tube at nite without being blasted by commercial after commercial from all the bad insurers trying to replenish all the customers that they pissed off.Mines with State Farm on all my bikes,atv's,tractor,cars and cribs.

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2009, 11:07:01 PM »

I am a field Property damage adjustor for one of the larger companies. You, I promise, get what you pay for. Most of you that pay the cheap premiums have cheap insurance. Post above is correct on most of what he says, All companies tell you ahead of time if they pay for aftermarket stuff and how they justify it, just that most (all) of you have probably never read your policy. This is not very prevelent on Motorcyles as aftermarket parts are just not out there. Aftermarket stuff (car fenders, bumpers, radiators etc) are built based on demand, drive a Camry, almost everything is available a/m. Drive a current year or two old Impala and no one makes a/m yet, so you aren't exposed to it. Preferred shops are, regardless of what anyone says, to your advantage. Your insurance company, not just the repair shop, will warranty the repair if done at a approved shop. Why do you care if a discount is involved, you only pay your deductible anyway. No reputable shop/insurance company puts any parts on your car without discussing it with you first, you do realize you have to sign authorization to repair before shop starts, or you don't have to pay for repairs, this is when you discuss parts/repairs etc. You have the responsibility to OK everything. If they are going to use something you don't agree with, express yourself at this time, or look at it like your health insurance and pay the difference for what you do want.
Now the one thing that is very scary, to me, is the concerige service offered by a few companies, where they choose shop, you only drop off and pickup, This is for those people who want no say, responsibiltiy in the repair and those folks deserve what they get.

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 SE Fat Boy
    • CVO2: Blown 150HP 09 SE Road Glide
    • CVO3: No need to go further!
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2009, 11:37:11 PM »

Totaled my GSXR.... not at fault and got dropped like a hot potato by American Family....Had two Hail claims with State Farm on my house and guess what...Dropped like a hot potato. All of these "Big Insurers are in it for a profit... period." As long as you have a perfect claims free record they will treat you like gold. I spent my working life dealing with every insurer you can imagine. The Biggies tended to make the rules more so than smaller insurers. The bottom line is coverage protection should be clear when you take out your policy. My suggestion is to deal with an insurance broker that shops for the best  package deal at regular intervals. Big does not mean the best service or the best deal.  :drink:
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 20 queries.