Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Rinehart Support Bracket  (Read 9457 times)

HDJamsTX

• Full CVO Member
  • It's Hammer Time!!!
Re: Rinehart Support Bracket
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2005, 07:14:36 PM »

delnel,
Are you saying the bracket is visable when mounted to the bike??  I thought it would be hidden behind the exhaust [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

delnel

• Full CVO Member
  • Just Enjoying Life!! Ride On
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2005, 08:18:09 AM »

It mounts between the primary and the pipe using three of the primaty bolts. Very visible but it dosnt look too bad and has a purpose. :)
Never be afraid to do something new. Remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the titanic

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2005, 05:55:19 PM »

Update on mine: I sent two follow-ups to Bub and they finally confirmed that they're shipping mine today. Seems they have a "backlog" to fill, wonder if we've contributed a bit to that.......Oh well!  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] Once I get it, if pics aren't already posted here I'll take some and do that.
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2005, 06:12:59 AM »

Okay that wasnt to hard ! Email, response to email, email to me from Bub (the brackett) is being sent out. GOOD  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
  ??? The up-dated rear header pipe that I never got when I was down, Is this new mount welded to the pipe on the up-dated one, or is this the fix for this original style header?? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
  I while post some pics of it when it arrives if no pics are posted at the time.

Now I'm going to send them another email asking why the hell was the updated rear header pipe not sent, while my bike sat at the shop for more than a week waiting for it from Cali. during which time did very nice weather and several rides slip by me. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2005, 06:23:40 AM »

CVOJOE,

Thanks for the heads up on the email address [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
You go to love this site for being able to get things done !!!!!!
Thank you too, oh great creator of the board for putting this site together so that we could all get together and accomplish chit like this!!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
MYCVO

HDJamsTX

• Full CVO Member
  • It's Hammer Time!!!
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2005, 10:43:20 AM »

Question....When i install this new Support bracket, do i still use the mount that is bolted to the starter or is it removed or just not used??

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2005, 11:27:24 PM »

Question....When i install this new Support bracket, do i still use the mount that is bolted to the starter or is it removed or just not used??
It is not used

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2005, 01:57:54 AM »

You guys got me concerned, so I went out to the shop and decided to check my rear head pipe since I am leaving for Mexico on the 9th.  Guess what?? >:( found me a crack at the mounting bracket with my ultra-violet light.  Thanks to all the info on here, I called customer service at Bub, and spoke to Karen (I think) and she is sending me a rear header and the mount bracket at no charge.  She will not have it here before I go, but she suggested using a pipe clamp to cut down on the vibration, and making the crack worse.  I was able to put it around the head pipe, under the heat shield, and around the welded part of the bracket.  After snugging it down real tight, it seems to be a good temporary fix.  Took about 15 minutes, and I am on the road in 2 days. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  If I had called Harley, and tried to get them to resolve it, it would have been bounced around for ever, like they did when I returned my Corbin seat after I had it one day.  That took almost 3 months to resolve going through the dealer.  (I have a post on here somewhere called (corbin seat issues)  But that's another story.  The point is, there is alot to be gained by using this site, we learn about how to solve problems in spite of the MoCo, such as the great customer service with Hogtunes, and now Bub.  So let's keep on communicating the experiences we are having both good and bad
I also think we should have a post that we can go to and list all the contacts we have made, with phone numbers, e-mail addresses etc.  It certainly would help to have a directory of contacts when we have problems, or want to order something.  What about it Mr. Moderator?? [smiley=banana.gif]
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2005, 02:34:20 AM »

So let's keep on communicating the experiences we are having both good and bad.  I also think we should have a post that we can go to and list all the contacts we have made, with phone numbers, e-mail addresses etc.  It certainly would help to have a directory of contacts when we have problems, or want to order something.  What about it Mr. Moderator?? [smiley=banana.gif]

Striker, that seems an excellent idea.  I can too easily remember too many stories that have been relayed here where someone got something done somewhere.  Trouble is there is just so much info here that it's impossible to always remember who the someone was or where they found to finally get something accomplished.  Your idea was something someone should have thought of before  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] .  Thanks.  Your good idea just started here:

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1131348621

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2005, 06:50:14 AM »

Striker,
  Thats is a fantastic idea [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] and that i'm sure would be a well used item by all on a daily basis !! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Bad Daddy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2005, 02:47:27 PM »

Is this cracking unique to the rineharts or does it apply to the freedom package as well?
My toys:
'95 FLSTN
'97 FLSTS
'03 FLHTCUI w/BigBore, V&H, Thunderstars
'05 FLHTCSE2 Two Tone Cherry
'06 FXDI35
'03 M5

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2005, 03:46:45 PM »

Is this cracking unique to the rineharts or does it apply to the freedom package as well?

The Freedom's crack as well. Although they now come with an additional support welded to them to prevent it. I have had my replacement on for quite a while now without a problem.

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2005, 12:40:41 AM »

Thanks 2lanerider, I for one could have used a page like this a few times, so I hope everone follows the design you have set up for the page.  
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
"Man what a ride!"

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2005, 10:31:27 PM »

There is a recall on the recall as of today.  They are no longer offering the bracket that mounts to the primary, but now are offering one that mounts to the starter like the Harley bracket.  To solve the vibration problems this bracket is like a saddle and according to their service department supposed to solve the cracking problem.  Anyone with the new/old fix should probably contact them. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
"Man what a ride!"

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2005, 10:37:12 PM »

Hey Striker, have you seen the new-revised mount for the rear Reinhart yet?  I wonder what it looks like.....and is it welded to the pipe or maybe a 'press fit' of some kind.   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 25 queries.