Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: 09 Touring Exhaust Head Pipe Part Number--Anyone know what it is??  (Read 6150 times)

gg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange & Black
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 (Traded for 09 CUSE4) CUSE4 Sold 2012
    • CVO3: FXSTDSEI/ FLHRSEI2 (SOLD 2005)
Re: 09 Touring Exhaust Head Pipe Part Number--Anyone know what it is??
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 09:24:45 AM »

Jeep, don't waste your time with the coring bit. It will not remove the cat completely. If you want complete removal, you either buy a new non-cat header or talk with your dealer's service manager to see if he can provide a take off from another bike. The other alternative is to have someone cut the header assembly open and air chisel out the cat, and then reweld the two parts of the header assembly back together. To me, I would not choose the last alternative. Either buy a new non-cat header from Zanotti HD or get a take off from your dealer. Good luck.

1jeep

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 10:02:40 AM »

thanks, i bought the bit, but cringe everytime i look at with the thought of someday i might be looking to put a cat back on due to emmissions. I am going to talk to my dealers sevrice dept and see if i can buy a take off, surely someone is going to change a non cvo headpipe in the next couple months.

610hog

• CA

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 10:04:51 AM »

Jeep, don't waste your time with the coring bit. It will not remove the cat completely. If you want complete removal, you either buy a new non-cat header or talk with your dealer's service manager to see if he can provide a take off from another bike. The other alternative is to have someone cut the header assembly open and air chisel out the cat, and then reweld the two parts of the header assembly back together. To me, I would not choose the last alternative. Either buy a new non-cat header from Zanotti HD or get a take off from your dealer. Good luck.
Just purchased takeoff head pipes from a dealer $75. Put them on yesterday and will add the Master Tuner and a K & N filter. The difference in sound between the Full Sac and stock slip-ons is not that significant. I have a 09 SE Road Glide. A buddy did the same thing just adding a fueler and it works fine for him. (SE Ultra).

With the Master Tuner you can get a few more HP from the engine. The MT is the old SE Race Tuner.

1jeep

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 10:39:51 AM »

Has naybody installed the V&H power duals? if so will they work with a stock muffler, i think this would be an alternative to the stock headpipe.
http://www.vanceandhines.com/product_zoom/touring-09-powerduals/powerduals.html

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2009, 10:41:07 AM »

I have a couple questions for you guys. My bike is still stock and i have the coring bit in my garage, i have been looking at the fulsac baffles. Which ones are the quiestest and how much louder than stock are they? I had V&H monster ovals on my last bike which i still found on the loud side after a few hundered miles of riding.
Who has done the cat core and fulsac baffles, what air box mode and air/fuel management did you use?

thanks.
Coreing the cat is no going to give you full potential.  What is left of the cat still blocks air flow in the pipe.  The best thing to do is cut the pipe, and get all the cat out and weld it back together.

Fullsac has three size baffels, the 1 3/4 inch the 2 inch and the 2.25 inch.  The bigger the size the louder they are.  I do not think the 2.25 are all that loud, very deep sound though.  They are not as loud as bub 's and they are much quieter than the Vance and Hines on my Fatboy.

I used the TTS master tune I got from fullsac, and he also provied a map for his baffels and no cat for the 110 motor.

I have the heavy breather.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2009, 10:43:46 AM »

Has naybody installed the V&H power duals? if so will they work with a stock muffler, i think this would be an alternative to the stock headpipe.
http://www.vanceandhines.com/product_zoom/touring-09-powerduals/powerduals.html

I thought about doing the power dual, but found out there was very little gain in HP or Torque so I did not think it was worth 450 or so to me, when I got my stock pipe cut, gutted and welded for FREE.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

1jeep

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2009, 10:44:25 AM »

Thanks dave, i thinnk you have pretty much answered most of my questions. Now i need to get off the pot and do something with this infomation.

Yes, free does have its advantages!

Smuuth

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE³
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2009, 12:33:39 AM »

Installed my non-cat head pipe today.  Took me about 2 hours - a whole lot of which was getting the right side footboard off.  Factory put red loctite on the allen head screws holding it on - and of course they are in a position where its impossible to get the impact wrench.  Not ready to do the fullsac baffles yet until I decide on an EFI tuner.  Stock ECM should be good with just going to the non-cat.
Patriot Guard

The best thing about riding in the rain is you don't have to stop to piss.

gg

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2009, 09:40:09 AM »

Smuuth, I am planning to do the same thing with my header. So, how did you get the footboard mounting bolts loose? Did you spray joints with WD-40 before trying to losen them? What tools including sizes worked for you to get the bolts out? Thanks

fourstar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO2: 04 FLSTCI
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2009, 09:51:03 AM »

Installed my non-cat head pipe today.  Took me about 2 hours - a whole lot of which was getting the right side footboard off.  Factory put red loctite on the allen head screws holding it on - and of course they are in a position where its impossible to get the impact wrench.  Not ready to do the fullsac baffles yet until I decide on an EFI tuner.  Stock ECM should be good with just going to the non-cat.

You can save yourself a lot of time on the floorboard if you just take off the outboard side rear support bolt, and then take the pivot bolt off of the front of the floor board.  The whole assembly, minus the front support arm, comes off which is enough to change the pipes and you don't have to mess with that inner bolt for the front support arm at all.  Trust me, it will save you lots of time and aggravation.   
“Red! I want red, there's no substitute for red!”
                                                             -Sammy Hagar

Smuuth

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2009, 09:56:07 AM »

Smuuth, I am planning to do the same thing with my header. So, how did you get the footboard mounting bolts loose? Did you spray joints with WD-40 before trying to losen them? What tools including sizes worked for you to get the bolts out? Thanks

I just used a regular allen wrench - it took the longest with the front screw which goes into the footboard support from the back and the oil cooler is in the way.  If I had to do it again, I would follow fourstar's tip:

You can save yourself a lot of time on the floorboard if you just take off the outboard side rear support bolt, and then take the pivot bolt off of the front of the floor board.  The whole assembly, minus the front support arm, comes off which is enough to change the pipes and you don't have to mess with that inner bolt for the front support arm at all.  Trust me, it will save you lots of time and aggravation.   
Patriot Guard

RYANCVO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 O/B SE ROADGLIDE
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2009, 03:18:50 PM »

how does it sound with just the headpipe change. considering this myself since everyone sais the fulsac by themselves isnt that much of a difference.

Smuuth

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2009, 09:04:30 PM »

how does it sound with just the headpipe change. considering this myself since everyone sais the fulsac by themselves isnt that much of a difference.
It sounds better, but still way too quiet for me.  I will either do the fullsac baffles or find some new slip-ons as soon as I decide which tuner I am going to go with.  I can already tell the difference in the lesser amount of heat radiating up on my right leg. 
Patriot Guard

gg

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2009, 09:01:34 AM »

For those of you who replaced the cat header, how/what did you use to remove and reinstall the O2 sensors? The HD service manual says you need to use something they call a O2 Sensor socket to remove and install the sensors. Thanks

Smuuth

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2009, 09:57:33 AM »

For those of you who replaced the cat header, how/what did you use to remove and reinstall the O2 sensors? The HD service manual says you need to use something they call a O2 Sensor socket to remove and install the sensors. Thanks
I just disconnected the O2 sensors at the connector and left the wires dangling, then I removed the head pipe with the O2 sensors still in the head pipe.  After that, I used a 7/8 box end wrench (fed the wires through the wrench) to remove the O2 sensors and reinstall them in the other head pipe.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 09:59:23 AM by Smuuth »
Patriot Guard

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 20 queries.