Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: J&M headset: bad microphone sound volume  (Read 1403 times)

Vosselman (NL - Europe)

• Junior CVO Member
    • Vosselman Performance
J&M headset: bad microphone sound volume
« on: May 12, 2009, 02:38:40 PM »

We tried a set of the J&M HS-ICD279-KTC-HO headset.
This one has a powered microphone and should have more sound volume than the HD headset.

To start with the good news: the speakers are better than the HD version.
The bad news:
* the sound volume of the microphone is bad. The intercom sensitivity must be set to almost the most sensitive setup (before open all the time), to make it 'open' by voice. The HD version can be set less sensitive and still opens by voice without having to shout.
* the received sound volume on another bike by using the CB is also lower compared to to the same test with the HD headset.

J&M sent a new microphone, but problem is still there.
There responce: "That is not my experience here"  : There is nothing more that I can do from here"

Any one else with this problem?
Someone who knows how to solve this?

Berk

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin’ Eagle® Ultra Classic® Electra Glide®, Stardust Silver and Twilight Blue
Re: J&M headset: bad microphone sound volume
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 07:41:38 PM »

We tried a set of the J&M HS-ICD279-KTC-HO headset.
This one has a powered microphone and should have more sound volume than the HD headset.

To start with the good news: the speakers are better than the HD version.
The bad news:
* the sound volume of the microphone is bad. The intercom sensitivity must be set to almost the most sensitive setup (before open all the time), to make it 'open' by voice. The HD version can be set less sensitive and still opens by voice without having to shout.
* the received sound volume on another bike by using the CB is also lower compared to to the same test with the HD headset.

J&M sent a new microphone, but problem is still there.
There responce: "That is not my experience here"  : There is nothing more that I can do from here"

Any one else with this problem?
Someone who knows how to solve this?

Try plugging your plug coming out of dash panel into your head set cord by grasping both ends and pushing in to each side very firm no space between plugs I had the same problem. No space open between the two. I talked to a JM vendor today in Myrtle beach this is what he told me and that was the problem He said when you pull the two apart it should pop when you unplug the two. It worked for me. good luck

aushog

• 2008 Frosty
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 10:36:03 PM »

I have J&M without problems.  Make sure you have the HO mic, it is the only one that works well.

Ditto the "D" shaped plug in the middle of the cord has to be really firmly pressed together or it does not work.

Bojiboy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 10:49:28 PM »

We've had good luck with our J&Ms as well. I'd also make sure the plugs are tight, they only make good contact that last little bit before they come together. Also, if you have the foam on the mic make sure the mic is turned towards your mouth as it's easy to have it turn a bit and you can't tell with the foam around it.

Keep at it, the J&Ms are really good.

Good luck.

Greg
2012 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
2006 FLHTCUSE (traded in)
2005 FLHRCI (sold)
Single enclosed trailer

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.