Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: International MC Show  (Read 830 times)

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
International MC Show
« on: November 05, 2005, 08:31:19 PM »

Just got back from the International MC Show in Ft Worth.  First time we've been as it's never been to FTW before. All the major manufactures were there, so it was a good chance to see everything at one time. I really wanted to see a CVO Ultra, but that was the only bike HD didn't have there. I got into a conversation with one of the traveling MOCO guys as to why no SEU, and he explained that they have had so many delays with the paint and are running so far behind, they didn't think it would be prudent to have one there. Seems that the paint is so complicated, it's just taking longer to produce than first thought. On a non HD note, I checked out the new Suzuki Hayabusa cruiser. 113 ci, water cooled, something like 120 fpt in stock trim. Pretty nice looking machine. Resembles the Victory in a lot of ways. My only purchase was a Gerbing heated jacked liner and a controller. Was going to buy the Jacket, but the liner seemed a better choice as I love my current jacket and it was much cheaper. Also bought some socks by Techsox that are "supposed" to be the cats meow for keeping you cool or warm. Now if my bike would just get here.   >:(
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: International MC Show
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 09:16:40 PM »

Also bought some socks by Techsox that are "supposed" to be the cats meow for keeping you cool or warm.  >:(
Can you tell us more about these socks?  Where to get them, why they're supposed to be good, costs, etc....????   :-? spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
Re: International MC Show
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 08:39:10 AM »

Spyder, it's probably snake oil BS, but it has to do with how they breathe. Socks that don't let your feet breathe will start to sweat, and then the sweat gets cold. Supposed to work the same way in hot weather also. There is probably a web site for more info. As we were looking at the display booth where this vendor was a guy walked up and showed us that he was wearing some of the Techsox and he said there were great, so we bit. This same vendor had a lot of FrogTogg stuff also. I'm not positive, but someone mentioned that Cabellas sells them. For reference, we bought two pairs for $30.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

Page created in 0.283 seconds with 24 queries.