Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: C&C seats  (Read 620 times)

Marty78

C&C seats
« on: May 23, 2009, 01:33:39 PM »

Hi Folks,

I am a new member as of today & I must say this forum looks like a great one. I have a question re C&C seats. I have a 2002 Road King Classic with 16" apes & up until last summer always rode with a Corbin Classic Solo. I am 6'4" and need some stretch room and it finally occurred to me that my Corbin would not let me move back as far as I wanted. A knee jerk reaction had me sell the Classic Solo & I bought a Corbin Hollywood solo. My complaint now is this seat offers no back rest option (I knew that however) & it actually lowers me just a bit too much for my ape hangers.
Long story short, I really have my eye on the C&C Sport tour seat with a backrest. I know the quality is good but I would like to know how this seat compares to the Corbin Classic Solo re if it lowers the rider more or is it about the same and does it move you back further than the Corbin allowed. I do want to be back further but definitely not lower because of my bars. Any feedback, especially from those who had a Corbin Classic Solo would be appreciated.

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
Re: C&C seats
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 02:56:44 PM »

Marty78  welcome aboard  :2vrolijk_21:

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 02:57:38 PM »

Good afternoon Marty78,

I moved your thread to our "Other Topics" section so it would be noticed more for the intent. If you want you can start another thread in our new member section to introduce yourself, what you ride, where you from, etc, feel free to do so.

Jacques
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 03:11:51 PM by bisounours »
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

BillH

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLTRI
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 05:13:59 PM »

Can't give you any feedback on the Corbin, but I had the same bike and am also 6'4".   I went with the Harley Sundowner seat.  It moves you back, allows a backrest, and lets you stretch your legs.  I put a bunch of miles on that setup, and never had a complaint at the end of the day.  It was very comfortable for me

For what it's worth.

Bill
2008 FLTRI - 103, S&S 570 cams, SE cam plate, Ness Big Sucker, Woods lifters, GMR adjustable pushrods, Lozano Brothers heads, HPI 54mm throttle body mod, Supertrapp 2:1, SE compensator, BDL +1 clutch TTS tuner w/GMR Dyno, Ricor fork valves, Progressive 440's, Wild 1 515's bars, HID's, TrueTrack, J&M 71/2" speakers, Clearview +2, lots of other small stuff.

pimmer

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 06:51:35 PM »

Welcome to the site

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 06:54:18 PM »

I also had a Road King Classic prior to my SEUC and I also had the Sundowner seat with a rider backrest.  Very comfortable ride.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 07:39:14 AM »

I had an 05 RKC and loved the Corbin classic solo. still have the seat, if you listen real hard you can still hear the sundowner bouncing down the hill after I chucked it, piece of chit, IMO. as is all H-D seats. can speak of the C&C only from what I've heard, ride and look nice.
I now run a Corbin Classic  solo on the Ghost.  Id be willing to part with my other corbin
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 20 queries.