Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 4 months wait, check out the quality...stinks!  (Read 3018 times)

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
Re: 4 months wait, check out the quality...stinks!
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2005, 01:07:14 PM »

Hey Sandy,

If you got a chance to catch up on the forum you will see that this fender issue is the least of my problems.now I am waiting for a frame!...I hope it comse faster than the fender or I am out for the remainer of the year and a good portion of next!
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2005, 07:39:26 AM »

Hey Sandy,

If you got a chance to catch up on the forum you will see that this fender issue is the least of my problems.now I am waiting for a frame!...I hope it comse faster than the fender or I am out for the remainer of the year and a good portion of next!

Man that's aweful. Maybe you need to check into the lemon laws in your state and check into seeing what they will do for you towards a new SE Fatty. That's an aweful lot wrong with a new bike. I do hope if you keep it they can sattisfy you. As I said in the last post it took us 18 months and about 5 tries and my husband paint was still off. They sent out 4/5 sets of saddlebags and lids and I beleive 3/4 side covers. Still didn't look right. From everything we have heard on the internet forums and from our dealer I can see why that happens. It seems that the fiberglass/plastic parts of these bikes are painted in one part of the plant and the metal parts in another. How the heck do they think they can get a real good match doing that. At least one would think they would have some sort of quality control person doing a very close inspection to make sure these paints schemes look good before they leave the plant. After all we are paying a lot more for these rides over the stock ones. We do want our monies worth! Hope your not left waiting too very long.  [smiley=nervous.gif]  Sandy
Sandy :)

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2005, 08:38:37 AM »

Hey Sandy,

Well now it looks like I'm also waiting on a new fender. I ordered a Corbin Gunfigther seat to use on my bike for the longer rides. We added it to the bike on Wednesday. Went to take some of the Clear Protective covering off the rear fender that was exposed with this seat. It almost looks like HD added the clear covering before the paint was totally set, then threw the seat on and tightened it down really tight. Seems one edge of the chrome tail piece dug into the paint leaving a big ugly wrinkle that's raised up quite a bit. Doesn't go through the paint to the metal, but it's very unslghtly. My dealer took lots of good close up pictures to send to HD. He said they may ask him to try and buff it out. But my husband is a automobile dealer and has a lot of experience with body shop work, where he got his start. He doesn't think it will buff out without messing the paint up around it and possibly burning through to raw metal. So the waiting game is on for me to see what happends and what I end up with.  >:(  Sandy

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2005, 08:57:15 AM »

Sandy, I've heard it can be tough to get them to warranty something that is hidden, no matter how bad it may be.  I think there is a post or two around here to that affect, though I tried to find them and couldn't.  Sounds like this problem area is hidden with the stock seat but not the Corbin, right?  I'm thinking that may be a sticking point with H-D, but I'm hoping for the best.

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2005, 05:39:31 PM »

Sandy, I've heard it can be tough to get them to warranty something that is hidden, no matter how bad it may be.  I think there is a post or two around here to that affect, though I tried to find them and couldn't.  Sounds like this problem area is hidden with the stock seat but not the Corbin, right?  I'm thinking that may be a sticking point with H-D, but I'm hoping for the best.

From the sound of things my problem may not be their first. HD is going to warranty it. My dealer has a parts & labor order waiting. HD wants them to try first to have someone repaint the black area involved. Our body shop is one of the best around, our HD dealer said it was OK for them to do the work if we wanted them to. They can repaint and blend the black area underneath the seat and then clear coat the whole thing again to make everything look as it should. Then HD is also sending me a new-updated rear portion of this chrome seat. One that now has rubber pads/bumpers added so it want harm the fender again. Now just need to get it into the shop and back out while we're not riding. :) Sandy
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 25 queries.