Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Two 44mm SE Carbs ??  (Read 1316 times)

reg26

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Two 44mm SE Carbs ??
« on: November 08, 2005, 10:00:28 PM »

Does anyone know the difference between the SE 44mm Pro Big Bore carb, part #27934-99 that is not cruise control compatible and the SE 44mm street legal Big bore carb part #29635-99 that is cruise control compatible. I'm doing a Zippers 95" Muscle kit and want to make sure I get the best carb for the job.....Thanks
09 FLHX built by Rosas Cycle
06 FJR just for grins

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: Two 44mm SE Carbs ??
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 10:35:20 PM »

Reg26,

Have you asked Zippers what they recommend?   I mean it is there muscle build and they might have some good insight for you on this.  

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

reg26

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 10:42:40 PM »

I asked them if the SE44 mm would be a good choice instead of the carbs they offer with the kit and they said it would work fine but I didn't realize that HD made two different 44mm carbs until tonight when I started looking into it. That is if they are different at all except that one I can use cruise control and the other says I can't. If they are both the same otherwise I'll take the cruise capable one just in case. I really just want the carb that offers the best performance.
06 FJR just for grins

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 06:48:20 PM »

Reg26,

I just got off the phone with John from Zippers and he said that the 44 would work fine, but he would recommend you sending it to them to be reworked a bit.  Its a simple process and he has new ones on the shelf already to go that would get you better throttle response.  HPVC is the process as he called it.  You might want to call them back and inquire into this as it couldnt hurt to have better throttle response.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

reg26

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 09:34:13 PM »

Wow thanks so much . I'm gona call them tomorrow. I cant believe the Dyno #'s that the 95" Muscle kit for carburated twin cams puts out with out using High comp heads and pistons. I'll be very happy if I come close to the #'s that they show for the kit.
06 FJR just for grins

Ed Ramberger - One_Screamin_Eagle

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FLTRSEI
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 11:33:02 PM »

Does anyone know the difference between the SE 44mm Pro Big Bore carb, part #27934-99 that is not cruise control compatible and the SE 44mm street legal Big bore carb part #29635-99 that is cruise control compatible. I'm doing a Zippers 95" Muscle kit and want to make sure I get the best carb for the job.....Thanks

Dimensionally they are the same.  The street legal one supports cruise, the race one doesn't.  Also, they come with different jetting I believe.  If you want cruise, order the street legal one because you are going to have to jet it anyway.
FLTRSEI -Delphi Conversion, 103", 251 cams, Heavy Breather & a couple other little tweaks

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 20 queries.