Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What are stock radio specs, SERG '09?  (Read 1598 times)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
What are stock radio specs, SERG '09?
« on: June 14, 2009, 11:04:32 AM »

I did the searches on radio, radio specs, gps, etc, but could not find where anyone mentioned what comes stock with the '09 SERG for radio.

I tried the HD website and that was useless.

So, what does a new '09 come with for audio?  Single CD or multiple? Navigation?

If it comes with navigation, what basically does the HD navigation system do?  I see lots of people over the past many years has optioned for the Garman Zumo 550 etc over the stock SEEG navigation system.

I'm REALLY looking hard at possibly a new SERG upgrade from my '08 SERK.

Any help with specs would be greatly appreciated.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

04se103

Re: What are stock radio specs, SERG '09?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 11:32:11 AM »

Dan the SERG radio only has single Cd, AM/FM Weather band No Nav or XM  thats it.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 08:29:09 AM »

Dan the SERG radio only has single Cd, AM/FM Weather band No Nav or XM  thats it.

Thanks.

I was in Alexandria LA the week before last and they had an orange and black SERG on the floor.  When we turned on the radio it said something about NAV, like it was an option or a firmware upgrade.

How does the HD NAV work compared to what I would call a standard GPS with mapping?  Does it just give you turn by turn text like directions on MapQuest?

Thanks to all for the help.

:)  :)  :)
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 08:32:35 AM »

You can upgrade the radio with a card putting into it and adding a antenna for gps . HD-catalog about 800 USD .
No map , only arrows for the direction .
The SEUCs have it stock , but the riders are not satisfied with it and the most use a additional gps , hmmmm ,
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 08:52:58 AM »

I can't tell you any first hand experiences, since I still use fold-up maps or Microsoft Streets and Trips software for my mapping needs.  However, reading through the threads around here I see a lot of folks who are not at all happy with the H-D system.  It tells me something when someone with an $800 factory system already installed goes out and spends another $500 for a Garmin.

My wife keeps asking me if I'd like a GPS (just because she gets lost all the time she thinks I need one :confused5:).  My answer continues to be no, if I wanted some female telling me where to go and what to do I would just take her with me all the time.  

Jerry
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 10:48:39 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Dracula

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 10:49:58 AM »

I still use fold-up maps or Microsoft Streets and Trips software for my mapping needs. 

if I wanted some female telling me where to turn and where to get off I would just take you with me all the time. 

Jerry

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

I rode with a friend all weekend who constantly complained about my Road Captain skills (using a folding map).  So the last day of the trip I prusaded him to lead.  After he studied a map for 20 minutes at breakfast and hand wrote directions for himself, he still got us lost twice in the first 30 miles.  Reading a map is a dying art!!  :2vrolijk_21:

:vampire:

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 20 queries.