Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Need part # for Tourpack emblem  (Read 13655 times)

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
Re: Screamin Eagle tour pack medallion
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2005, 04:05:37 PM »

Well......damn.  I got the run around at my dealer too.  He will sell me a new one for 60 bucks, but he wants the old one back. (restricted part number)   [smiley=oops.gif]
For the 60 bucks HD wants, I would head to the nearest bead store, and ask one of the hobby folks there to make a cloissonne plate to match for a lot less bucks...  It's supposed to be easy to do, and since it doesn't really need to be flexible, that type of product should work just fine...

Sorry.  I failed.  My deepest humility is tendered to those afflicted by my ineffectiveness.... :-[
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2005, 05:16:12 PM »

Good effort Coolbreeze! We won't hold it against you.
It's pretty nice of HD to let us put up with paint issues, cheaper crank bearings etc. But when we want a limited piece for our bikes it's always the good old Hundred Dollar motto! All it is; Is free advertising for them anyways. Well if I don't get anywhere with them, I just might have my own custom plate made with something along the lines of... CVO MoFoCo   [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2005, 05:18:46 PM »

Well......damn.  I got the run around at my dealer too.  He will sell me a new one for 60 bucks, but he wants the old one back. (restricted part number)   [smiley=oops.gif]
For the 60 bucks HD wants, I would head to the nearest bead store, and ask one of the hobby folks there to make a cloissonne plate to match for a lot less bucks...  It's supposed to be easy to do, and since it doesn't really need to be flexible, that type of product should work just fine...

Sorry.  I failed.  My deepest humility is tendered to those afflicted by my ineffectiveness.... :-[

Bad Breeze!  Bad! [smiley=whip.gif]

Actually it's ok.  The year is almost over now.  So you had to get your mistake in.  After all, you can't carry them over.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Tour pack emblem picture and parts book
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2005, 05:34:54 PM »

C'mon guys, there are now three threads just in this section all asking the same question at the same time.  Scan the threads just a bit.  Prior to either of a couple of recent bumps in this thread and another late this evening the part number you're looking for had been posted a few hours ago in yet another thread in this same section of the site:

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1132016148/23#23

You've been spoilin em Don.......gotta make em work for it. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
Re: Tour pack emblem picture and parts book
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2005, 06:14:05 PM »

I was sitting here trying to figure out how to put all three together.....haven't got it yet....

jstites

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2005, 08:39:24 PM »

My dealer has an 05' on the sales floor. I begged and pleaded for them to order me the emblem. They told me when the 05 ' sold they would turn in an order for a new emblem for me and say the 05 on the floor had it stolen......More than one way to skin a cat !
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1970 Trans Am
1974 Formula 455 ram air
1989 Turbo Trans Am Pace car

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2005, 09:38:15 PM »

My dealer has an 05' on the sales floor. I begged and pleaded for them to order me the emblem. They told me when the 05 ' sold they would turn in an order for a new emblem for me and say the 05 on the floor had it stolen......More than one way to skin a cat !

J, hope your experience turns out to be easier than mine was.  Early last summer I actually did have a tour pak stolen.  In placing the order first the shop ordering the parts got the order bounced for a request to have the old emblem returned.  When they were told the original had been stolen Harley P&A then requested a police report to verify the theft.  

The MoCo may be willing to build more and more CVO bikes each year and lessen any sense of exclusivity via raw numbers; but they're still moderately serious about people cloning their own through contraband parts.

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2005, 06:06:53 PM »

J, hope your experience turns out to be easier than mine was.  Early last summer I actually did have a tour pak stolen.  In placing the order first the shop ordering the parts got the order bounced for a request to have the old emblem returned.  When they were told the original had been stolen Harley P&A then requested a police report to verify the theft.  

The MoCo may be willing to build more and more CVO bikes each year and lessen any sense of exclusivity via raw numbers; but they're still moderately serious about people cloning their own through contraband parts.

So, what your saying is, they dont want to sell these because they dont want someone to get there hands on one and make a copy? That is so stupid it probably is true. Dont go after the wrongdoers, penalize joe lunchpail by not letting him honestly get one with his hardearned cash that he wants to spend at his local harley dealer. Make it so he has to buy one from the black market. God, its so stupid it has to be it! HD couldnt get laid in whorehouse wiht a fistfull of hundreds! They have fallen blindly into this goldmine and continue to make mistakes. Dont get me started, lucky I wouldnt ride anything else, and havent since the 70's!
 [smiley=confused5.gif]
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2005, 06:41:33 PM »

So, what your saying is, they dont want to sell these because they dont want someone to get there hands on one and make a copy? That is so stupid it probably is true. Dont go after the wrongdoers, penalize joe lunchpail by not letting him honestly get one with his hardearned cash that he wants to spend at his local harley dealer. Make it so he has to buy one from the black market. God, its so stupid it has to be it! HD couldnt get laid in whorehouse wiht a fistfull of hundreds! They have fallen blindly into this goldmine and continue to make mistakes. Dont get me started, lucky I wouldnt ride anything else, and havent since the 70's!
 [smiley=confused5.gif]

Owner, I believe that's it exactly.  That rationale is the only thing that makes sense (in its own weird sort of way).  A standard little emblem on the back fender is less than ten bucks.  But that little emblem on the back fender of the 04 SEEGs and (I believe) your 06 is a CVO only piece, is restricted, and sells for $50.00.  Not because it's producton costs are more.  But because it's basically an excise tax that, along with the restriction, is intended to make it more difficult for someone to accurately clone their own SE bike.  That tour pak emblem is less than $10 (if I remember correctly) for the standard emblem.  The CVO emblem is over $60.  Same deal.  I guess they figure that making some weird mix and match availability of the tins and body parts isn't enough (some you can buy without restriction and some you can't).  They've got to get hinky with dinky stuff too.

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2005, 12:41:43 AM »

I wonder if these emblems are produced in China or Taiwan like half the other chrome accessories our American Motorcycle Manufacturer sells us for the almighty H.D. dollar?!!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 08:13:27 PM by GROVER »

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2005, 12:08:26 PM »

I wonder if these emblems are produced in China or Taiwan like half the other chrome accessories our American Motorcycle Manufacturer sells us for the almighty H.D. dollar?!!

I dont see why not? Everything else is made there. I might be getting one after all. I'll probably end up with 5 of them with all the different ways I've tried ordering them. But thats OK, I'll sell them for cost to someone here.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2005, 04:44:45 PM »

I dont see why not? Everything else is made there. I might be getting one after all. I'll probably end up with 5 of them with all the different ways I've tried ordering them. But thats OK, I'll sell them for cost to someone here.
If you end up with an extra let me know, I'd be interested.

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2005, 04:50:41 PM »

Me too!!! [smiley=pumpkin.gif]
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2005, 04:56:53 PM »

I will take one.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2005, 05:45:28 PM »

Me too!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.