Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20

Author Topic: Great New Part--Locking Glove Box Doors for Electra Glides from PJ57  (Read 54533 times)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Great New Part--Locking Glove Box Doors for Electra Glides from PJ57
« Reply #225 on: October 16, 2010, 10:13:54 AM »

Anyone know if these would work? I think plastic would last a long time and the black would blend in better.

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #226 on: October 16, 2010, 10:20:34 AM »

Are you referring to the non-locking?

No, sorry I was helping Trainwreck with his request for info., I don't know the availability of the non-locks.

pj57

• Senior CVO Member
  • Can't take it with you!!!

• CVO1: 2002 SERK Candy Brandywine
« Reply #227 on: October 16, 2010, 01:00:12 PM »

Fellow CVOers - I know we've been promising the non-locking version of the glove box doors for quite some time now.  Apologies for the delay.  Here's the current status:  We've located a knob/latch that works and have built prototypes with success.  With that said, we now proceed to the manufacturing stage which is a little trickier.  Even with a relatively simple product like ours a lot goes into the process.  You guys who work as tool and die makers or machinists know what I mean. For example, you would not believe how precise the tolerances need to be in order that the door close securely with no slop.  For those of you who have purchased the locking version, we definitely appreciate all the positive feedback thus far.  The non-locking version will be just as good, but quality takes a little time.  I wish it was just a matter of slapping on a different latch, but the original doors were manufactured to exactly match the locks we are currently using.  With the new latch, the hole cut-out and placement is being modified along with a couple of other tweeks.  I will keep everyone posted on our progress.  In the meantime, for anyone who wants the locking version, let me know via PM. Thanks again for your support and input.  PJ

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #228 on: October 16, 2010, 01:31:44 PM »

PJ, sent you a pm earlier (and answered already). I will wait and see what you come up with for the non locking version. I have no reason to lock these, don't think the locks would do much anyway to some moron that wants to see "what's behind door number 2".

Thanks
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #229 on: October 17, 2010, 12:48:02 AM »

PJ, sent you a pm earlier (and answered already). I will wait and see what you come up with for the non locking version. I have no reason to lock these, don't think the locks would do much anyway to some moron that wants to see "what's behind door number 2".

Thanks

Same here. I just recently started using these for storing some items and do not want to have to dig the key out just to open the doors. Plus, mine are not at all water proof so can't really keep anything of value in there anyway.

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #230 on: October 17, 2010, 10:00:08 AM »

PJ, will the non-locking doors you are currently designing have the door hinge on the bottom of the door, on the outside of lower fairing or inside of fairing? If your design hinges from the bottom with a non-locking latch, please sign me up as one of your first customers.

Fellow CVOers - I know we've been promising the non-locking version of the glove box doors for quite some time now.  Apologies for the delay.  Here's the current status:  We've located a knob/latch that works and have built prototypes with success.  With that said, we now proceed to the manufacturing stage which is a little trickier.  Even with a relatively simple product like ours a lot goes into the process.  You guys who work as tool and die makers or machinists know what I mean. For example, you would not believe how precise the tolerances need to be in order that the door close securely with no slop.  For those of you who have purchased the locking version, we definitely appreciate all the positive feedback thus far.  The non-locking version will be just as good, but quality takes a little time.  I wish it was just a matter of slapping on a different latch, but the original doors were manufactured to exactly match the locks we are currently using.  With the new latch, the hole cut-out and placement is being modified along with a couple of other tweeks.  I will keep everyone posted on our progress.  In the meantime, for anyone who wants the locking version, let me know via PM. Thanks again for your support and input.  PJ

pj57

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #231 on: October 17, 2010, 10:10:22 AM »

Heatwave - yes, our doors are hinged at the bottom and swing down. PJ

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #232 on: October 17, 2010, 11:43:51 AM »

Pete, just curious; have you sold enough of these yet to have made the effort worthwhile from a P&L position?  Or has it been just good recreation so far?

pj57

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #233 on: October 18, 2010, 09:49:54 PM »

Don - pretty much recreation so far.  In reality, I probably haven't recouped the investment.  We'll see what the non-locking iteration will bring.  Perhaps if the input is good, we'll take the leap with a marketing plan, etc.  As you know this is not my main means of income.  It has been a learning experience nonetheless and who knows.  I just like the fact we're providing a product that's (IMHO) better than the Harley counterpart at about half the price.  PJ
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 09:51:34 PM by pj57 »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #234 on: October 18, 2010, 09:54:39 PM »

Don - pretty much recreation so far.  In reality, I probably haven't made up for the investment.  We'll see what the non-locking iteration will bring.  Perhaps if the input is good, we'll take the leap with a marketing plan, etc.  As you know this is not my main means of income.  It has been a learning experience nonetheless and who knows.  I just like the fact we're providing a product that's (IMHO) better than the Harley counterpart at about half the price.  PJ
Can't say thanks enough for your having done them PJ.  They fit and look great and work exactly was one would want them to.  Mounted in plastic nothing is obviously going to be truly secure.  But the locks deter the casual dipchit who might be considering evil.  That's all we can ask and all we'll ever need 99.44% of the time.  Still pleased mine are on.  Thanks again.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #235 on: October 19, 2010, 10:49:40 AM »

Still pleased mine are on.  Thanks again.

Yeah and better looking too then what you had  :2vrolijk_21:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #236 on: October 19, 2010, 10:59:03 AM »

Don - pretty much recreation so far.  In reality, I probably haven't recouped the investment.  We'll see what the non-locking iteration will bring.  Perhaps if the input is good, we'll take the leap with a marketing plan, etc.  As you know this is not my main means of income.  It has been a learning experience nonetheless and who knows.  I just like the fact we're providing a product that's (IMHO) better than the Harley counterpart at about half the price.  PJ

PJ, how close do you think you are to releasing the non-locking version? Any timetables?

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #237 on: October 19, 2010, 08:19:20 PM »

PJ, how close do you think you are to releasing the non-locking version? Any timetables?

I'm ready for a pair!  :2vrolijk_21:

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #238 on: October 20, 2010, 08:16:04 AM »

If you don't want to wait, go to replies 56, 57, 58 on page 4 of this thread and you can see what I did to make PJ's LH door work with a twist style lock.   FWIW.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #239 on: October 20, 2010, 08:32:57 AM »

If you don't want to wait, go to replies 56, 57, 58 on page 4 of this thread and you can see what I did to make PJ's LH door work with a twist style lock.   FWIW.

Boat,

Look at the latches I posted above. Do they look similar to the ones you modified to fit?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 24 queries.