Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Author Topic: CVO models listed!!!  (Read 22806 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: CVO models listed!!!
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2009, 06:00:22 PM »

No it's a Road Glide with a Street Glide tail, heard it from a local dealer...
Why not go the purty way and do a Street Glide with a Road Glide tail?  :2vrolijk_21:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2009, 11:05:32 PM »

Dollars to doughnuts, the FXSTSE is a CVO Heritage to compete with the Indian Vintage Chief.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2009, 11:14:02 PM »

Dollars to doughnuts, the FXSTSE is a CVO Heritage to compete with the Indian Vintage Chief.
I'm totally surprised that they have not done the Heritage Softtail as a CVO yet......it seems that it would be a very desireable model to make 'custom'. :)  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2009, 04:46:29 AM »

I am not sure if "compete" is the right word here. Even with the low numbers of the CVO line, any model would outnumber the Indian production probably by a factor greater than ten. I think the competition for the CVO line is the regular model, and that seems to be always the case, as any discussions regarding alternatives are typically comparing the regular model plus accessories etc. with the CVO.
Separately the FXSTSE to me sounds more like another Springer (and why not?) or, and I think that is more likely than the Heritage, a CVO Softail Custom (which may have many of the Heritage accessories, including bags and windshield).

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2009, 08:08:28 AM »

I am not sure if "compete" is the right word here. Even with the low numbers of the CVO line, any model would outnumber the Indian production probably by a factor greater than ten. I think the competition for the CVO line is the regular model, and that seems to be always the case, as any discussions regarding alternatives are typically comparing the regular model plus accessories etc. with the CVO.
Separately the FXSTSE to me sounds more like another Springer (and why not?) or, and I think that is more likely than the Heritage, a CVO Softail Custom (which may have many of the Heritage accessories, including bags and windshield).

Ride safely,
Louis
Not sure I know what a softtail custom is.. :nixweiss: :-\..?  spyder

NA_Dude

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 FLHTCUSE4 (Stage 3, Fatcat, Thundermax Tuner)
    • CVO2: '07 FXDSE (sold) (Fatcat, SEST)
    • CVO3: '10 FLSTSE (Fatcat, Thundermax Tuner)
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2009, 08:58:39 AM »

Only the standard softail springer starts with FXSTS..., with an SE the next would be an FXSTSSE4 if another is done. Note the double S.

Heritage & most other softails with bags starts with FL. An SE Heritage or Classic springer would be killer.

The custom is not a springer but has mini apes, tall skinny front tire, & king & queen seat, old school chopper style. SE model would be cool also, maybe an SE Easy Rider styled Special Edition model...

If it is an FXSTSE, would be a Screaming Eagle "standard" softail, must be 1st edition. Should have a decent CVO "entry" price, but adding the "neccessories" will jack the price up fast... ;)

That is what that I am guessing. If it is the Heritage, that would be 3 baggers in the CVO line for the year.    ???
NA Dude :coolblue:

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2009, 09:28:23 AM »

FXDFSE is not a Dyna, its a Fat Bob

Actually, it's both. The Fat Bob is one flavor of the Dyna platform. Kinda like the Fat Boy is one flavor of the SoftTail platform. I'd hardly say that identifying the FXDFSE as a Dyna rather than a Fat Bob qualifies as an error. It's more like me saying that my truck is a Ford Pickup rather than saying it is a Ford F-150. Neither is incorrect. One is more general than the other.

At least, that's the way it seems to me...

What really seems strange to me is that they are bringing *back* the FXDFSE for 2010. Aren't there enough of them already sitting unsold on the dealer's showroom floors???

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2009, 12:04:58 PM »

Actually, it's both. The Fat Bob is one flavor of the Dyna platform. Kinda like the Fat Boy is one flavor of the SoftTail platform. I'd hardly say that identifying the FXDFSE as a Dyna rather than a Fat Bob qualifies as an error. It's more like me saying that my truck is a Ford Pickup rather than saying it is a Ford F-150. Neither is incorrect. One is more general than the other.

At least, that's the way it seems to me...

What really seems strange to me is that they are bringing *back* the FXDFSE for 2010. Aren't there enough of them already sitting unsold on the dealer's showroom floors???

Wow!  Where did you pop in from?  Haven't seen your smiling face on here for a while Rick.  I was hoping to get a chance to meet up with you when I was at LarryB's house a month or so ago.  Anyway, you're right about those sitting around gathering dust at the dealers.  I've seen several at dealers around here that have been there since shortly after they were first released last year, and they just aren't selling.  I'm not sure why.  They are a nice looking machine, but if they don't sell, why make more of them?

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2009, 05:00:19 PM »

FLTRX is a Road Glide with a Street Glide rear treatment  :2vrolijk_21: Trust me or not :nixweiss:

That was my guess...

The FLTRU is most likely the "Ultra Road Glide" that folks have been talking about here.

cash338

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2
2010 rumors????
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2009, 05:00:55 PM »

Heard a interesting rumor...  Screamin Eagle Street Glide.  Kinda figured on that,  But heard Harley submitted another to EPA.  FLTRK.  Any thoughts.... Water cooled maybe?  I just thought I'd throw that into the mix.  Heard it from a dealer today.   :nixweiss:
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.

RickC

• 1K CVO Member

• Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2009, 05:11:01 PM »

Wow!  Where did you pop in from?  Haven't seen your smiling face on here for a while Rick.

Hey, 1ab... I've been lurking occasionally. Too busy workin' and ridin' to post, ya know! Well, that and... oh, hell, it don't matter. I've just been busy with real life and not much time to post here.

I was hoping to get a chance to meet up with you when I was at LarryB's house a month or so ago. 

Sorry I missed ya. LarryB never calls me when it's time to ride or meet up. He did call me after you'd been here to tell me about it.

Anyway, you're right about those sitting around gathering dust at the dealers.  I've seen several at dealers around here that have been there since shortly after they were first released last year, and they just aren't selling.  I'm not sure why.  They are a nice looking machine, but if they don't sell, why make more of them?

Not sure why? How about $24K for a Dyna? Is that not reason enough? Most guys interested in a Dyna ain't gonna spend that kinda dough when a brand spanking new "ordinary" Dyna can be hand for $12-14K.

Well, that's my $0.02 worth, anyway!

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
Re: 2010 rumors????
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2009, 05:37:38 PM »

Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

deaf1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2009, 08:27:11 PM »

Lord,

Please give me a SE Softail Heritage Springer Classic!!!

:bananarock: :bananarock:

That would be my new bar bike!

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2009, 07:59:42 AM »

The Road Glide as we know it is discontinued per a number of dealers I've talked to , but there will be a replacement , and that would explain the new designation.  We shall all find out in a few more weeks . 
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

dp38sc

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2008 BIG DOG
    • CVO3: 2008 Harley Softail Custom
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2009, 07:39:48 PM »

Been busy for few days, I glad the cvo models are listed, I put down a deposite on a CVO Street glide 2 months ago, the dealer told me that I was crazy, I just thought it was about time, Lets hope the report is right
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 25 queries.