Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117

Author Topic: Paint Problems 2006  (Read 177947 times)

2up

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Paint Problems 2006
« Reply #1710 on: June 05, 2007, 09:17:09 AM »

The problem with the Paint is very obvious. I still can not believe how hard it is to get something that has a obvious flaw replaced. I was able to get complete saddle bags and outer fairing replaced but they absoultely would not replace the tank (which looks like crap). I bet I called customer service a 100 times. I called so much they gave me a different service rep. I did a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, wrote Willie G a letter and talked to about 4 lawyers. I was going to get a lawyer but the cost was going to out way the problem and I don't have that much money to blow. If I did I would.  Not just to get my bike the way it should look but to make a Big company like Harley do the right thing! After all this I feel totally different about the MOCO. I give them the least amount of business possible if there is a after market part I will buy it before the HD and I do all my own services or have a local wrench work on it. Good Luck to anyone with the problem. If you have to get a company Rep. to look at your bike your are probably screwed. I think the MOCO has given them the word to not approve anymore paint. Once the Rep says no the Customer service reps won't even discuss it with you. F**!n :soapbox: A$$H@!!$$

SEGeaserGlide06

• Junior CVO Member
  • 06 FLHTCUSE

• CVO1: 2006 FLTHCUSE Black Emerald and Majestic Green
« Reply #1711 on: June 05, 2007, 11:19:18 AM »

Well I finally got my bike back.  :cucumber: The ticket was opened on 9-22-05 and I picked up the bike 5-31-07! It took three sets of paint before they got it right.  All the parts match.  The front fairing is the same as the rear, the lower saddlebags match the tops, the gas tank matches it all.  I attached a picture of new new lower bags.  You can clearly see the green flake in the paint.  No more milky color.  (page nine for the original bags).  I tried to get more pictures but it just doesn't show well with my limited photographic skills.  The color is fantastic and the way it should have been from the get go.  I still can't figure why it took so long to correct but I am sure glad I stuck with it. 

I owe a big Thanks to the guys at Harley-Davidson of Macon GA.  They refused to put bad parts on the bike and sent two sets back without me even seeing them. Thanks Chuck and Jay!! If you are in the area stop by this great dealership.  There is fifty years of history between Mr. Grover Sassaman and H-D and he has it all in huge pictures on the wall at the dealership.  Look for him at the dealership and say hello, he is great to talk to about H-D.

Thanks to all on the site that offered advice and support.  I really appreciate this community and all the great knowledge and experience it has to offer. 

SEGeaserGlide06

• Junior CVO Member
  • 06 FLHTCUSE

• CVO1: 2006 FLTHCUSE Black Emerald and Majestic Green
« Reply #1712 on: June 05, 2007, 11:22:09 AM »

The original bag.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #1713 on: June 05, 2007, 11:23:26 AM »

Well I finally got my bike back.  :cucumber:

Congratulations!!!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #1714 on: June 05, 2007, 11:27:05 AM »

SEGeaserGlide06,
Congrats on finally getting your scooter looking like it should've from the start. The difference is amazing. :shocked2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #1715 on: June 05, 2007, 11:32:26 AM »

Well I finally got my bike back.  :cucumber: The ticket was opened on 9-22-05 and I picked up the bike 5-31-07! It took three sets of paint before they got it right.  All the parts match.  The front fairing is the same as the rear, the lower saddlebags match the tops, the gas tank matches it all.  I attached a picture of new new lower bags.  You can clearly see the green flake in the paint.  No more milky color.  (page nine for the original bags).  I tried to get more pictures but it just doesn't show well with my limited photographic skills.  The color is fantastic and the way it should have been from the get go.  I still can't figure why it took so long to correct but I am sure glad I stuck with it. 

I owe a big Thanks to the guys at Harley-Davidson of Macon GA.  They refused to put bad parts on the bike and sent two sets back without me even seeing them. Thanks Chuck and Jay!! If you are in the area stop by this great dealership.  There is fifty years of history between Mr. Grover Sassaman and H-D and he has it all in huge pictures on the wall at the dealership.  Look for him at the dealership and say hello, he is great to talk to about H-D.

Thanks to all on the site that offered advice and support.  I really appreciate this community and all the great knowledge and experience it has to offer. 

Bike is looking good!

Echo your comments on the Sassaman family - great folks.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

REGGAB

« Reply #1716 on: June 05, 2007, 12:21:03 PM »

AWESOME! :cucumber: Way friggin' KEWL!  Kudo's for sticking with it! :cucumber: :2vrolijk_21:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #1717 on: June 06, 2007, 10:11:38 AM »

Way to hang SEgeas, sure is nice to have a new bike.  Sounds like you have a great dealer, nice to hear kudos their way too.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #1718 on: June 06, 2007, 08:50:25 PM »

Always nice to hear of a good dealer. :2vrolijk_21:
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #1719 on: June 07, 2007, 07:10:44 AM »

20 months to get the problem fixed, probably should be considered unacceptable.  But you stuck it out, and now ----------- look!  Your bike looks absolutely fantastic now.  Glad you got it right - finally. 

:cherry:

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #1720 on: June 07, 2007, 10:28:08 AM »

20 months to get the problem fixed, probably should be considered unacceptable.  But you stuck it out, and now ----------- look!  Your bike looks absolutely fantastic now.  Glad you got it right - finally. 

:cherry:

Glad the paint problems are getting worked out.  Amazing difference from the pictures provided.  Glad you had a good dealer.  Like stated above, 20 months is unacceptable but better late than never.

dannshel

« Reply #1721 on: July 04, 2007, 10:16:29 PM »

I have the 06 Autumn haze.  Replaced the fairing skin twice and the entire tank once.  Also had to get a new seat due to sewing flaws.  I think they got it right now.

Sorry, I should have added some pics.  My bad.......
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 08:04:51 PM by dannshel »

REGGAB

« Reply #1722 on: July 04, 2007, 11:33:48 PM »

I have the 06 Autumn haze.  Replaced the fairing skin twice and the entire tank once.  Also had to get a new seat due to sewing flaws.  I think they got it right now.

Hello dannshel, and welcome to CVO Harley.  This is the first I've heard of a Haze with a paint claim.  I've heard there were problems similar those that us melon and milk dud owners had, but I've never heard of paint replacement.  Good to know you're being taken care of.

You might want to go to the new member introduction thread and make a post there to intro duce yourself, so everyone knows who you are.  Again, welcome, and enjoy the site.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #1723 on: July 04, 2007, 11:54:24 PM »

Welcome to the site.  Glad to see one of you Hazers could see the poor quality with the clear.  I bet that is brilliant in the sun now with the correct paint process. :2vrolijk_21:

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #1724 on: July 05, 2007, 03:40:27 AM »

:welcome_005:  on the CVO Website !

It'll be nice for the other members if you present you in the thread "New Member Introduction"
with a pic of your bike  :2vrolijk_21:

Best regards

:vrolijk_26: Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 20 queries.