Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: another bluetooth question  (Read 2699 times)

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
Re: another bluetooth question
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 05:08:35 PM »

Sprint's new phone and claim to fame is the Palm Pre. It will NOT tether. I have the BB Tour now and it WILL tether (major reason for purchase also). The Storm is being phased out and a new Storm II will be available 4th Q '09. I was torn between the Pre & Tour. The final decision was carriers and I stuck with Verizon as the whole family is with them (no charge for M2M calls).

Hope this helps some.  ;D
AJ

Well, the HTC pairs with the HD BT but that's it, nothing else, no functions no nothing. So my next choice was the BB Tour until we learned that Sprint has the Modem Data function turned off on this phone and they don't offer the modem data service with it either. I ended up with the Palm Pro, which is basically the same phone as the 755P. The Pro has a better menu function, better display and the phone ops is quite a bit faster then the 755P. The Pro pairs with the HD BT with exact functions as did the 755P. I did like the BB Tour a lot better but, oh well, i had to have the tether function. They charge $15 more monthly for the modem function and limit upload/download bandwidth to 5 GB, which is more then i will ever use. Upload/Download speed is guaranteed 750 - 1.2 mps. Not bad for a cell phone. I guess we are both happy campers now. Let me know if you find any new functionality with the BB Tour and the HD BT  :2vrolijk_21:

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 05:24:41 PM »

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 12:41:29 AM »

www.junefabrics.com

it would be interesting to see if their software will tether the blackberry phone to Sprints network anyway.  :nixweiss: Sprint actually claims they wont turn the modem data function on with blackberry phones due to incompatibility issues with their network. I played with the Palm Pro tethered to my laptop tonight and really impressed with the speed. It works really well. When you pair your BB to the HD BT do you get your speed dials showing up on the HD display?

jimsmith94

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 01:52:58 AM »

Well, the HTC pairs with the HD BT but that's it, nothing else, no functions no nothing.
Gordy, you previously said, "the HTC Pro appears to work with the voice control. So you can use the Voice prompts on the HD BT."

Are you talking about the Sprint HTC Touch Pro? That's the phone I have, and I would like to use it with the HDBT module, if it will work and if I can find a module to add to my Ultra.

So, did it pair but you were mistaken about the voice control? Does anyone else have any experience with the HTC Touch Pro and the Harley Bluetooth module?

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2009, 03:12:29 AM »

Gordy, you previously said, "the HTC Pro appears to work with the voice control. So you can use the Voice prompts on the HD BT."

Are you talking about the Sprint HTC Touch Pro? That's the phone I have, and I would like to use it with the HDBT module, if it will work and if I can find a module to add to my Ultra.

So, did it pair but you were mistaken about the voice control? Does anyone else have any experience with the HTC Touch Pro and the Harley Bluetooth module?

The Harley Davidson module has voice commands built into it. I have never used / programmed the feature. The newer Bluetooth protocol (ver 3.0 +HS) allows the use of voice commands (from what I understand). Either way, a HTC phone should work with part number 76408-06 (if you can find one).

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2009, 04:21:08 AM »

... Let me know if you find any new functionality with the BB Tour and the HD BT  :2vrolijk_21:

I just walked the dogs and paired the Tour with the bike again. Now that I have all my contacts in the phone, they all appeared in the HK radio. Every one of them. Not just speed dials, EVERY ONE, all numbers such as mobile, home, office. That's a lot of #'s to scroll through to find Chip's #.  :huepfenlol2:

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2009, 08:27:31 AM »

last wedensday i was at the Sprint Store playing with the phones. I was able to pair the HTC phone tethered to the cradle to my bike siting outside but didn't get a chance to get it outside and play with it. The sales gal said her co worker has the HTC phone and suggested i come in on Friday to test his phone. She also said the HTC phone has 'voice prompts' built in. When i went in yesterday, we played with the salesman phone next to my bike. It paired with the bike but we could not do anything between the bike console and the phone. So the HTC phone is not compatable with the HD BT, or maybe we were doing something wrong. I didn't like that phone anyway so went with the Pro.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 08:29:24 AM by sportygordy »

jimsmith94

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2009, 09:38:58 AM »

The HTC Touch Pro comes with Microsoft Voice Command, so that's probably where the "voice control" confusion came from.

Given the scarcity and expense of the HDBT module, it sounds like it's better to just get a HD/Garmin Zumo GPS that has Bluetooth built in, then get a BOMM or something to integrate the wired headset with the phone.

I already have Garmin Mobile XT on my Touch Pro, so I was hoping to use the Bluetooth and GPS I already have.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2009, 11:58:23 AM »

If you have a Garmin, then you likely will not need the HDBT unless you want intergration.

jimsmith94

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2009, 01:04:56 PM »

If you have a Garmin, then you likely will not need the HDBT unless you want intergration.
Harley just announced their version of the Garmin 660, so I'll take a look at it: http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448774059&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309065645&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309065645&bmUID=1248539058732&bmLocale=en_US
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 20 queries.