Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Anybody notice the new location for the O2 sensors for 2010  (Read 6921 times)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: Anybody notice the new location for the O2 sensors for 2010
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 10:37:36 PM »

Good question. And will the new sensors work with an open exhaust system, no cat.

I suspect the day is near that it will become very complicated to remove the cat or change the exhaust in any way.... >:(
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Herko

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2009, 08:22:56 AM »

I suspect the day is near that it will become very complicated to remove the cat or change the exhaust in any way.... >:(

Could be, but all the more opportunity for innovative thinking and pioneering aftermarketers.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 09:09:44 AM »

Could be, but all the more opportunity for innovative thinking and pioneering aftermarketers.

I suppose as long as there is a market and willing spenders of $$$$$$$ like us - someone will produce alternatives!!   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 10:40:57 AM »

Constantly moving O2 ports, seat form, etc. is the sign of a creative marketing group aimed at cornering the accessories and making it difficult for the aftermarket to invest in changes.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 12:51:22 PM »

Remember gear drive and now the MOCO and all the retrofits they have for that solution...
Exactly marketing plus meeting EPA a slam dunk for both

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 02:40:16 PM »

The new sensors still measure each cylinder and as far as I have been told all the CVO's will have cats. Changing the exhaust around on the 2010 may  prove to be a little harder to do but I'm sure it will get figured out. The sensor location and cross talk caused by them is going to be something new to work out.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 03:25:36 PM »

The heating elements allow for the downstream placement of the sensor, since the sensor will now quickly get up to nominal operating temperatures without being up near the exhaust port.  I have no idea where this may be leading, but it does seem strange to see H-D go to a more expensive part.  I think we can all rest assured that the entire emission system will eventually become very similar to those on auto's.  Next will be the after cat sensors and ultimately the full OBD II system.

Before anyone gets too distraught and hangs himself in the garage next to a poster of Willy G., just remember that the automotive folks survived much worse.  They had to invent all this stuff, while all H-D and the motorcycle industry has to do is adapt what already exists to their machines.  True, Harley hasn't done such a great job borrowing technology so far, but given enough time their supplier (Delphi) should be able to fix the Harley screwups.  And the last time I checked, the automotive folks produce some kick butt performance with street legal emissions systems.  If Harley decides to hire a few of the unemployed folks from the auto industry, maybe they could figure out how to do that as well. :confused5:

As my favorite song says, "Don't Worry, Be Happy".

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2009, 07:39:14 PM »

The new sensors still measure each cylinder and as far as I have been told all the CVO's will have cats. Changing the exhaust around on the 2010 may  prove to be a little harder to do but I'm sure it will get figured out. The sensor location and cross talk caused by them is going to be something new to work out.

I believe that all Big Twin machines are running catalyst exhaust for 2010.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2009, 02:38:39 PM »

I have faith in the aftermarket. I hope the MOCO develops performance packages that are matched and tested. They have been very weak in the past. The parts are fine but the integration has been poor. Really let's get real, IE the big bad MVA heads and a 260 cam with high compression in a bagger that does touring duty is no fun. The dealer network is just as guilty for trying to cram the round peg in a square hole and force feed the customer. These new cams they came out with (SE263, SE259, SE266) are case and point. Then they tell us they are for "EFI" applications with new lobe designs and wide lobe centers. Come on many of us know what that is and for the people that don't suffice it to say trying to reinvent the wheel and cull the aftermarket. I have never been bought into the SE program and in this country there are very few dealers that can actually support the builds properly. One that does well is Latus Motors. They use the aftermarket as needed and offer a very good tuning center. This is rare.
Now on topic, you stuff the tailpipe with a cat and then have all these higher rpm race offerings for a big heavy bike with huge parasitic losses such as gearing and a big rear tire and then have owners that carry big payload and ride in the idle to 2,700 range nearly all the time??? Whatz up. I certainly don't get it.
The aftermarket will get it sorted out and we will fix torque curves and lower the heat as we always have as long as we are not legislated out of business.

wmw

Anybody notice the new location for the O2 sensors for 2010
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2010, 08:23:31 PM »

Can you post a photo of the two O2 sensors? and a closeup of the rear of the sensor wire connectors.
Are the sensor connectors differant?
Thanks
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 20 queries.