Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Possible New FLSTFSE Owner  (Read 1554 times)

fgizzo

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG Cobalt and Starlight - Vance and Hines Dresser Duals - Klock Werks WFB Mufflers - Open SE Air Cleaner - Chopped Tour Pack
Possible New FLSTFSE Owner
« on: November 29, 2005, 11:02:07 PM »

Hi All,

I am very close to trading in my 2001 Road King Classic that I have chromed out for a 2005 Screamin Eagle Fatboy that
my dealer in the Chicagoland area has on the floor. I have been following the different posts here and it appears that most owners of the CVO fatboy seem satisified.BEsides the looks here are the reasons I would like to switch from a touring bike to this bike. 1. Not as many on the road 2. I think with the right pipes they sound better. 3. The 103 is more than enough HP for me. 4. Balanced engine ( Too much shaking on the Road King) - I would love any feedback you have good or not o good on owning a FLSTFSE. Thanks in advance.
Keepsabeat

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
Re: Possible New FLSTFSE Owner
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 07:52:57 PM »

All I can say is if you get it you will have the same opinion as most of us. Great bike, great ride, plenty of power................chitTY SEAT! It looks great but man it sucks to ride distances on. So I would suggest getting it and ordering a new seat at the same time.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

Ty1on2

• 2006 SE FatBoy

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 09:01:55 PM »

I agree with sefatboyscott, the 06 I got is the cats meow,lol.
But, the seat is a little less to be desired. I have been riding
bikes about 30 years and I have never sat on a more un-
comfortable seat in my entire life. Who would have guess
it. But the SEFB is the best I have ever had or will have.
Good luck on your decision.
I'M OUT OF MY MIND, LEAVE A MESSAGE

2006 SE Fat Boy, Autumn Haze/ Abyss Blue
V&H Big Shots Staggered,HD Bags To Match,
Flush Mount Gas Caps,PC111USB
1999 FXSTC-Wifes Bike
V&H Pipes, and lots of other goodies

Bad Bill

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 04:33:23 PM »

I've got 1,000 miles on an 06 FLSTFSE2 and can report so far so good.  I put a sundowner seat on when I picked the bike up on Veteran's Day.  Took it off the next day and have not used since.  Of course, I only ride 32 miles one way to work and have not been able to take more than one 100 mile ride.  The stock seat isn't as bad as I expected.  It's nice to be able to ride year round.

This is my first softail after 35 years on FL's, FXR's and Dynas.  The 103 motor is the best feature, in my opinion, of the SEFB's.  I still can't get over how smooth this bike is and the pulling power of the motor.  I installed a RB Racing LSR 2-1 exhaust and the brute pulls like a freight train from 3,500 rpm.

Rubber side down.

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 06:14:14 PM »

You can also try a gelpad for those longer rides.  http://www.buttbuffer.com/ makes a good pads that form well and look okay too.

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 02:38:56 PM »

I've got 1,000 miles on an 06 FLSTFSE2 and can report so far so good.  I put a sundowner seat on when I picked the bike up on Veteran's Day.  Took it off the next day and have not used since.  Of course, I only ride 32 miles one way to work and have not been able to take more than one 100 mile ride.  The stock seat isn't as bad as I expected.  It's nice to be able to ride year round.

This is my first softail after 35 years on FL's, FXR's and Dynas.  The 103 motor is the best feature, in my opinion, of the SEFB's.  I still can't get over how smooth this bike is and the pulling power of the motor.  I installed a RB Racing LSR 2-1 exhaust and the brute pulls like a freight train from 3,500 rpm.

Rubber side down.

[smiley=worthless.gif]

[smiley=drink.gif]
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

fxstdiswild

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 06:45:39 PM »

I bought a standard Heritage set on mine for when my gal wants to ride with me. It's great for long rides. I had a ProPad insert installed in my stock seat for solo rides and to keep the orig. look. That works great too. The ProPad is a inexpensive solution to a hard(sh@ty factory seat. This combo provides function and comfort.

Taildraggerdave

• Junior CVO Member
  • V-twin Exhaust--the sound of freedom
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 07:05:56 PM »

I agree with most everyone here.  It is an awesome bike but I hate the seat.  AND, I put 2200 miles on the stock seat before I broke down and got a Sundowner.  Night and day difference for me.  I can pretty much spend all day in the saddle now and am not in pain at the end of the day.  Mine is 6 months old with 5400 miles on it so far.  Put SE2 slip-ons, DFO fuel tuner, and a real K&N filter to replace the stock blue filter that did fall apart just as everyone said it would.......
Love my '05

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 20 queries.