Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 49

Author Topic: JCZ mods have begun.......  (Read 171030 times)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: JCZ mods have begun.......
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2009, 12:21:56 PM »

I'm curious how that seat was on this trip also since I hear that those Corbins require some breaking in..... :nixweiss:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2009, 12:43:35 PM »

JC...

After the long vacation ride, what do you think of the new seat and besides the stitching, were there any other mods to the unseen portion such as more padding?

This stock seat will look best on a shelf in the basement!

Dave  :coolblue:

The seat is great......same comfort level as the Corbin seat on my SEEG.

Yes, I had a little of the padding shaved from the center, up towards the tongue.  Just a little more room for the boys :2vrolijk_21:

Uhhhhh.....we're in California.....we don't have basements. :nixweiss:  It'll have to stay on the shelf in the garage. :)
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2009, 12:48:00 PM »

I'm curious how that seat was on this trip also since I hear that those Corbins require some breaking in..... :nixweiss:

I don't really notice anything different on the first day of riding a new Corbin from 10k miles later.  Maybe that's cause I have an iron butt. :huepfenlol2:

All I know is that I was real resistant to buy a Corbin for a lot of years, just because it felt so hard to the the touch that I couldn't imagine that it could ever be comfortable.  Vanamal loaned me his and I took it on my ocean to ocean ride a few years ago.  When I got home I put every seat that I had in my garage (I had a collection of em) on ebay and bought that seat from Vanamal.  This is my second one and I don't need to look any further. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

MOBlue

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2009, 08:16:45 PM »

The seat is great......same comfort level as the Corbin seat on my SEEG.

Yes, I had a little of the padding shaved from the center, up towards the tongue.  Just a little more room for the boys :2vrolijk_21:

Uhhhhh.....we're in California.....we don't have basements. :nixweiss:  It'll have to stay on the shelf in the garage. :)

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha !!   ;D

Thanks, I'm calling Corbin in the morning......... :coolblue:

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2009, 08:21:11 PM »

I don't really notice anything different on the first day of riding a new Corbin from 10k miles later.  Maybe that's cause I have an iron butt. :huepfenlol2:

All I know is that I was real resistant to buy a Corbin for a lot of years, just because it felt so hard to the the touch that I couldn't imagine that it could ever be comfortable.  Vanamal loaned me his and I took it on my ocean to ocean ride a few years ago.  When I got home I put every seat that I had in my garage (I had a collection of em) on ebay and bought that seat from Vanamal.  This is my second one and I don't need to look any further. :2vrolijk_21:

Well I guess that just about answers my question....thanks :)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2009, 12:10:39 AM »

Stopped by Jim's shop today.  Boxes all over the place with "J.C." wrote all over them.........and the UPS guy delivered more while I was there.  Getting excited about getting all the other mods done and very anxious for the orther painted parts to roll in.

Don't worry guys..........I know the rules, I'll have photos posted just as soon as the mods get done.! :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

TEQUILA -aka- RED RUM

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2009, 11:56:51 AM »

This one shows the saddle bag latch trim detail.  Jim hand painted the black accent groves a light blue to match the pin stripped flames.  He did a lot better job than I ever could have done. :2vrolijk_21:
  JCZ....is there chrome under the reflector or do you need to buy the chrome  part ....Keith

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2009, 09:49:40 PM »

JCZ....is there chrome under the reflector or do you need to buy the chrome  part ....Keith

The saddle bag handle inserts (they insert where you remove the reflectors from) are from Drag.  Jim (hd-dude on this forum) has them in stock for $23.33.  Contact him.

West Coast GTG   

TEQUILA -aka- RED RUM

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2009, 08:31:23 AM »

Thanks JCZ....do you need a diffrent mount then stock for that rack behind the single seat.....Keith

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2009, 05:25:02 PM »

Thanks JCZ....do you need a diffrent mount then stock for that rack behind the single seat.....Keith

If you're riding solo, I'm not sure.  I had the 4 pt. docking hardware put on right away.

West Coast GTG   

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2009, 05:33:22 PM »

JC, you need new wheels, so I can buy your stock ones!  Bike looks good! :2vrolijk_21:

Craig

Invisible68

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2009, 07:41:54 PM »

JC, you need new wheels, so I can buy your stock ones!  Bike looks good! :2vrolijk_21:

Craig

I wish they did the full chrome ones.... so here is the deal you buy the full chrome ones and we will trade even up.... deal?!?!

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2009, 08:28:54 PM »

I wish they did the full chrome ones.... so here is the deal you buy the full chrome ones and we will trade even up.... deal?!?!

Spew!!! :D ;D

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2009, 09:03:11 PM »

If I remember correctly, the price on the all-chrome version is reasonable.. ;)..I thought.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2009, 09:31:07 PM »

Don't have it mounted yet, but my tour pack has arrived at Jim's shop.  Here's a shot of it.....

I'm damn happy it doesn't have the exterior antenna mount! :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 49

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 25 queries.