Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 49

Author Topic: JCZ mods have begun.......  (Read 170915 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: JCZ mods have begun.......
« Reply #240 on: October 09, 2009, 10:12:39 AM »

Looks really good JC.

What light kit did Jim use for the motor???

I'm not sure.......I think they're Boogie Lights.  What ever brand they are, they last a lot longer than the Kuryakn.  I had the Kuryakn on my SEEG first, kept burning out so I had them removed and had these lights put on and they last much longer. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #241 on: October 09, 2009, 10:13:41 AM »

The way JC has made it is the way it should have come from the MOCO..     :soapbox:

Except the gauges...I still have a Love/Hate relationship with those.  I saw them on the SG at the Hood River GTG from a distance and really liked the look but I am still an analog fan...maybe that will change over the next year ...
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #242 on: October 09, 2009, 10:14:28 AM »

The way JC has made it is the way it should have come from the MOCO..     :soapbox:

I agree.........I think they should owe me some money back for selling me a motorcycle that's only half done. :nixweiss:

Hell, they don't even offer the painted inner fairing.  What's up with that?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #243 on: October 09, 2009, 10:20:53 AM »

Except the gauges...I still have a Love/Hate relationship with those.  I saw them on the SG at the Hood River GTG from a distance and really liked the look but I am still an analog fan...maybe that will change over the next year ...

They're different and after having the rotary dial gauges for all my life, the digital gauges are going to take some getting used to.  I think it will be like the first time I started using the heel shifter........two weeks from now, the rotary dial gauges will be a faded memory but not missed. 

One of the things that I noticed immediatly is the gauges seem to be much more accurate, based on my GPS speed.  I'm hoping the fuel gauge is also more accurate.....time will tell.  The fact that it gives you 1/4 mile speed, etc. is pretty trick, too.  It has oil temp gauge as well as head temp. 

West Coast GTG   

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #244 on: October 09, 2009, 10:41:55 AM »

The new bike is looking good JC, and I thought I had a thing for Blue. Hey what's up with SEUC mods at the bottom of the pictures? :huepfenlol2:

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #245 on: October 09, 2009, 11:33:43 AM »

Just got home.  Went over to the bay area this afternoon to pick up my bike from Jim's.  Got to say I am a happy camper! :2vrolijk_21:

This first pic is taken with the sun behind my shoulder, shinning directly on the dash......shows how easy the gauges are to read, even with the sun shinning directly on them.

Painted inner fairing and HOG PODS, too....
Looks good JC. I'm suprised you didn't have Jim change the color of the nutural and oil  light to blue  :)  The gas gauge is fairly accurate, when you're stopped. Going down the freeway at 80 the gauge can read 00 (%) but when stopped it will read 7 - 8 %. Better thatn the other way around though.

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #246 on: October 09, 2009, 11:38:56 AM »

Good job. I hate it when people throw alot of money at a bike and it doesn't have a flow. Some people should hire others to design there project so they don't look like they drove through Pep Boys with a crap magnet on. You have designed a great package that flows well from one end to the other. You should be proud of your work. Congrats  :bananarock:

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #247 on: October 09, 2009, 11:45:33 AM »

Mi amigo JC.....it's great to see the bike with the mods installed///It looks awesome...congrats mi amigo  :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #248 on: October 09, 2009, 01:15:53 PM »

Looks good JC. I'm suprised you didn't have Jim change the color of the nutural and oil  light to blue  :)  The gas gauge is fairly accurate, when you're stopped. Going down the freeway at 80 the gauge can read 00 (%) but when stopped it will read 7 - 8 %. Better thatn the other way around though.

I think you need to have a conversation with your mechanic.  My nutural light or the oil light aren't on when I'm riding so that's a moot point.  As for my gas gauge......it's consistent wether I'm stopped or riding. :nixweiss:

Does Melanie have the latest style of Dakota Digital gauges or are they the last version?  Who did her wiring, anyway?   Get your money back!

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #249 on: October 09, 2009, 01:23:36 PM »

Good job. I hate it when people throw alot of money at a bike and it doesn't have a flow. Some people should hire others to design there project so they don't look like they drove through Pep Boys with a crap magnet on. You have designed a great package that flows well from one end to the other. You should be proud of your work. Congrats  :bananarock:

Very nice complament......thank you very much.  I agree though.....some people dump bucket loads of money into their bike and nothing goes together.  All they know is more....more....more.

With the exception of the spoilers, I knew exactly what I wanted in the finished look.....before I even bought the bike.  As far as the spoilers go.......Bill's glad I didn't think that one all the way through.  They've been shipped to Bill. :2vrolijk_21:

Buying everthing at one time and having Jim do all the wiring, etc. at one time.....I don't have any more into this one than I do in Terrie's.  The difference being the savings in labor.  Jim did a great job, again!  And understood and followed through with his own recommendations for me to achieve the end result look and comfort on this bike.  I am very, very happy with it. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #250 on: October 09, 2009, 01:40:02 PM »

Hey JC, D00d's got some billet hinges he might let you have for that tourpac.  :P har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

sgchick

• Sweeper
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #251 on: October 09, 2009, 01:55:27 PM »

I think you need to have a conversation with your mechanic.  My nutural light or the oil light aren't on when I'm riding so that's a moot point.  As for my gas gauge......it's consistent wether I'm stopped or riding. :nixweiss:

Does Melanie have the latest style of Dakota Digital gauges or are they the last version?  Who did her wiring, anyway?   Get your money back!

I know they've made a couple of changes since I got my guages...so I don't have the latest ones. It does take a little getting used to as compared to the original guages...but I like them much, much better. I think they're more accurate also! You can read them at a glance and get an exact reading. And of course...Jim installed the guages for me although I'm sure Roger could have done them.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #252 on: October 09, 2009, 01:57:37 PM »

Hey JC, D00d's got some billet hinges he might let you have for that tourpac.  :P har!  spyder

No sir, those are conversation pieces only.. Dood is not selling.

That's my take on that situation anyway.  :nixweiss:
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #253 on: October 09, 2009, 02:27:12 PM »

"look like they drove through Pep Boys with a crap magnet on."

Congrats  :bananarock:

I'll be using that line in the future!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #254 on: October 09, 2009, 02:45:56 PM »

No sir, those are conversation pieces only.. Dood is not selling.

That's my take on that situation anyway.  :nixweiss:

Dick

I would hope you are correct!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 49

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.