Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 49

Author Topic: JCZ mods have begun.......  (Read 170980 times)

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
Re: JCZ mods have begun.......
« Reply #360 on: November 01, 2009, 03:16:12 PM »

Sorry JC, my fun at your expense.

I saw in another post (the Corbin or not thread I think) that you were going to tinker with the Quick detach solo mount for your KTP.  I'm really anxious to see how that works out for you.  I have been looking at several TP options.  Wanted to know mostly how much time/trouble it would be to change the mount from 2-up to solo and back.  Looking forward to a thorough review as you have set that standard as such. :2vrolijk_21:

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #361 on: November 01, 2009, 03:59:59 PM »

I saw in another post (the Corbin or not thread I think) that you were going to tinker with the Quick detach solo mount for your KTP.  I'm really anxious to see how that works out for you.  I have been looking at several TP options.  Wanted to know mostly how much time/trouble it would be to change the mount from 2-up to solo and back.  Looking forward to a thorough review as you have set that standard as such. :2vrolijk_21:

No pressure at all JC

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #362 on: November 01, 2009, 06:39:48 PM »

It's not scratch and sniff, but something else. :confused5:
  Now that's funny Sapper.  Actually, that was a typo (click instead of lick)......but a funny one, just the same. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #363 on: November 01, 2009, 06:43:32 PM »

It's already been determined (by the pic of the Road Glide above) that the solo tour pack rack will work with the Corbin seat.

The only issue going from a solo position to a two up position would be how ever long it takes you to unbolt the tour pack from one of the racks and bolt it on the other. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #364 on: November 02, 2009, 03:53:21 PM »

The only issue going from a solo position to a two up position would be how ever long it takes you to unbolt the tour pack from one of the racks and bolt it on the other. :2vrolijk_21:

Roger that.  I guess the question is then what's the approximate time to change between the two mounting racks?  I was also wondering what you think of the armrest backrest as a solo setup?  I was thinking that you'd still want to switch to a pad like Larry's got or one of the Street Glide pads for the backrest.

I've spoken to Larry about having him paint a TP for me (I want one with lights) and have been hunting for one on ebay.  Although it is hard to believe how much a scratched up beat up TP will go for.  I was really thinking I would prefer to have the KTP with armrest for the wife and a Chopped Solo.  Big bucks to go that way though.  I've not seen a used Chopped pack sell for much different than Retail.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #365 on: November 02, 2009, 04:56:21 PM »

Roger that.  I guess the question is then what's the approximate time to change between the two mounting racks?  I was also wondering what you think of the armrest backrest as a solo setup?  I was thinking that you'd still want to switch to a pad like Larry's got or one of the Street Glide pads for the backrest.

I've spoken to Larry about having him paint a TP for me (I want one with lights) and have been hunting for one on ebay.  Although it is hard to believe how much a scratched up beat up TP will go for.  I was really thinking I would prefer to have the KTP with armrest for the wife and a Chopped Solo.  Big bucks to go that way though.  I've not seen a used Chopped pack sell for much different than Retail.

I'm cruious about the back rest myself, when in the solo position.  Get it to comfortable......I might just want to sleep on it.  Save on the hotel expenses.  Who knows, may have to buy one of those little pads to go back there when riding solo.

West Coast GTG   

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #366 on: November 02, 2009, 05:03:32 PM »

Glad I could help you spend more $$$ :D

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #367 on: November 10, 2009, 06:22:34 PM »

Just a note to let you guys know.......my mods haven't stopped.  They just slowed down for a minute.  Doing more mods to the wife's bike, again.  I think you guys will really like what I've been working on for her bike, once I unvail it.  For now, here's the mods already done to hers (for those who are new and havn't seen it yet) pretty similar to the mods I've done to mine.....  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=32927.0

West Coast GTG   

JZ3

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE (Candy Concord)
« Reply #368 on: November 10, 2009, 08:49:23 PM »

JC...I really like what you have accomplished with your ride thus far, especially the Dakota gauges.  I'm seriously thinking about making the same investment but have a question or two.  So how do you set the bikes mileage (current odometer setting) to the new Dakota speedometer?  Is the odometer setting stored in the ECM and when the new gauge is installed it downloads to the new gauge?  If the bikes current mileage is manually set by the installer then how does MOCO view the owner tampering with the odometer (warranty issues).  I would like to do this install myself vs the dealer...but not at the expense of voiding my warranty.

Myko

• Senior CVO Member
  • Takin' Bug Slayer Home

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE "BUG SLR" Spiced Rum - Yummmm!
    • CVO2: 1985 FLHTC "St Steven", RK conversion, hand paint in Naples, IT
« Reply #369 on: November 10, 2009, 11:06:18 PM »

I can't answer the tech questions on setting the odometer, but know that when I've replaced speedos through the Moco that I could have them set the mileage before shipping the speedo. Mileage, at least on my '07 was still a function of the speedo.
Why would mileage be an issue on an HD warranty? HD won't warrantee the Dakota gauge and HD's warrantee's are unlimited mileage.
In my state, when documenting a vehicle you can declare that the mileage on the vehicle is bogus... as long as you declare it, your cool. So keeping up on the mileage is really a personal preference.
~~~~~
Mike
------------------------------------------------------
2010 Spiced Rum SESG "Bug Slayer"
Fullsac X pipe & 2.0 baffles
Corbin Classic Solo w/Scarlet Flames
14" Wild1 Chubby Apehangers
Hawg Wired Double Shot
Kuryakyn Driving Lights
Clark Custom Windshield & Deflectors
Performance Machine FL Touring Mirrors (black)
Color matched saddlebag spoilers
Deflectorization
Diamond Polished Stainless Steel Engine bolt kit
---------------------------------------------------

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #370 on: November 10, 2009, 11:25:44 PM »

The Dakota Digitals have a feature built into them that allows you to set the milage. This must be done within the first 100 miles put on the odometer the feature will lock itself out. This feature was not always there, it is a fairly recent add to them.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #371 on: November 11, 2009, 12:00:15 AM »

I can't answer the tech questions on setting the odometer, but know that when I've replaced speedos through the Moco that I could have them set the mileage before shipping the speedo. Mileage, at least on my '07 was still a function of the speedo.
Why would mileage be an issue on an HD warranty? HD won't warrantee the Dakota gauge and HD's warrantee's are unlimited mileage.
In my state, when documenting a vehicle you can declare that the mileage on the vehicle is bogus... as long as you declare it, your cool. So keeping up on the mileage is really a personal preference.

Bogus or irrelevant to you perhaps.  Especially if you're the original owner who knows everything about it.  Likely very relevant to the next guy who'd like something more than a story from a guy selling a used car about why the mileage is weird.  And that doesn't address at all the legalities of intentionally allowing an odometer to be inaccurate.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #372 on: November 11, 2009, 12:02:38 AM »

The Dakota Digitals have a feature built into them that allows you to set the milage. This must be done within the first 100 miles put on the odometer the feature will lock itself out. This feature was not always there, it is a fairly recent add to them.

That's convenient.  Using them in years past in a couple of street rods and an old Road King if you didn't get them to set the odometer before purchase/shipping the options were either use it at zero or freight it back and forth again.  Have to imagine that made it a difficult to stock item for dealers who didn't want to the deal with the hassles of being able to legally alter odometers.

Myko

• Senior CVO Member
  • Takin' Bug Slayer Home

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE "BUG SLR" Spiced Rum - Yummmm!
    • CVO2: 1985 FLHTC "St Steven", RK conversion, hand paint in Naples, IT
« Reply #373 on: November 11, 2009, 12:10:26 AM »

Bogus or irrelevant to you perhaps.  Especially if you're the original owner who knows everything about it.  Likely very relevant to the next guy who'd like something more than a story from a guy selling a used car about why the mileage is weird.  And that doesn't address at all the legalities of intentionally allowing an odometer to be inaccurate.
Twolanerider - didn't mean to offend, but the statement I was speaking to was on warranty... of course resale is another issue and my statement stands that it is a matter of personal preference. me thinks you should re-read my post  :nervous:

Personally, I've made a point of trying to get the mileage as close as possible to my guess when ordering a new speedo... out of 34K on my former '07 and 3 speedos, I've been a total of 35 miles off the target after 3 speedo changes in which each one had to guess what the mileage would be when the speedo came in from the factory.
~~~~~
Mike
------------------------------------------------------
2010 Spiced Rum SESG "Bug Slayer"
Fullsac X pipe & 2.0 baffles
Corbin Classic Solo w/Scarlet Flames
14" Wild1 Chubby Apehangers
Hawg Wired Double Shot
Kuryakyn Driving Lights
Clark Custom Windshield & Deflectors
Performance Machine FL Touring Mirrors (black)
Color matched saddlebag spoilers
Deflectorization
Diamond Polished Stainless Steel Engine bolt kit
---------------------------------------------------

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #374 on: November 11, 2009, 12:38:37 AM »

Twolanerider - didn't mean to offend, but the statement I was speaking to was on warranty... of course resale is another issue and my statement stands that it is a matter of personal preference. me thinks you should re-read my post  :nervous:

Don't give it a second thought Myko.  No offense taken and none was assumed to be intended.  Hadn't even crossed my mind.  Was just the thinking-out-loud action and reaction that is part of the conversations. 
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 49

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 21 queries.