Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 49

Author Topic: JCZ mods have begun.......  (Read 171019 times)

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member
  • FKA: Rich07

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: '07 SERK (retired)
Re: JCZ mods have begun.......
« Reply #390 on: November 20, 2009, 11:25:57 AM »

Thanks Mike.

I had a dark tinted shield at 1 point. Obviously looking over it is fine if you are tall enough, but seeing through it at night is sometimes a problem. I went with the smoked one. Just my $.02

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #391 on: November 20, 2009, 02:02:20 PM »

How do you like the Dark tinted windshield versus a Smoke tint?  Any issues with seeing through it or over it?

I've never been O.K. with looking through a windshield.  That probably came from my first twenty years of riding without one, all together. :nixweiss:  The lipped windshield (I have a Windvest) you want to get it where it's about 2" short of your line of site when sitting in riding position in the saddle. 

That way you're looking over the top of it yet there isn't any wind buffeting of your head or helmet (the whole purpose of the lip on the windshield). :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #392 on: November 20, 2009, 02:37:48 PM »

Thanks for your feedback.  I agree and never look a windshield. I will probably go with an 8" shield with the lip/curve.  Still not sure whether to go with a light tint or dark tint. 

I've never been O.K. with looking through a windshield.  That probably came from my first twenty years of riding without one, all together. :nixweiss:  The lipped windshield (I have a Windvest) you want to get it where it's about 2" short of your line of site when sitting in riding position in the saddle. 

That way you're looking over the top of it yet there isn't any wind buffeting of your head or helmet (the whole purpose of the lip on the windshield). :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #393 on: November 20, 2009, 03:11:48 PM »

Thanks for your feedback.  I agree and never look a windshield. I will probably go with an 8" shield with the lip/curve.  Still not sure whether to go with a light tint or dark tint. 

I'm 6'4" and sit on a Corbin seat (a little lower than stock seat height) and I use an 8" dark tint (and eye level is about 2" over the shield).  My wife is about 5'8", she sits on a Corbin and she uses the 6" dark tint.  She also looks over the top with no issues. 

If you're looking over the top (instead of through it), the color of tint shouldn't have any bearing.  We use the dark tint because we feel it looks better on the bikes. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #394 on: November 20, 2009, 03:35:12 PM »

I am 5'11"... John at Clearview suggested the 8".  Now, I am not sure if I should get the 6.5" or 8"??  I may have to trial and error by trying the 8".  Which would you suggest for a 5'11" person?

I'm 6'4" and sit on a Corbin seat (a little lower than stock seat height) and I use an 8" dark tint (and eye level is about 2" over the shield).  My wife is about 5'8", she sits on a Corbin and she uses the 6" dark tint.  She also looks over the top with no issues. 

If you're looking over the top (instead of through it), the color of tint shouldn't have any bearing.  We use the dark tint because we feel it looks better on the bikes. :nixweiss:

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #395 on: November 20, 2009, 04:38:57 PM »

I am 5'11"... John at Clearview suggested the 8".  Now, I am not sure if I should get the 6.5" or 8"??  I may have to trial and error by trying the 8".  Which would you suggest for a 5'11" person?

I'm 5'9" have the clearview 8" and see over it just fine med smoked
Prefer the darker look as well but got a deal from a riding buddy who used it one day and ordered a 10"

Love it works well I like the factory 4" and was afraid it would look bad but it looks OK. Will still use the factory around town and this on trips.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 04:53:54 PM by Wheelsnkeels »
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #396 on: November 20, 2009, 04:48:06 PM »

Thanks.

I'm 5'9" have the clearview 8" and see over it just fine med smoked
Prefer the darker look as well but got a deal from a riding buddy who used it one day and ordered a 10"

Love it works well I like the factory 4" and was afraid it would look bad but it looks OK. Will still use the factory around town and this an trips.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #397 on: November 20, 2009, 06:16:22 PM »

I am 5'11"... John at Clearview suggested the 8".  Now, I am not sure if I should get the 6.5" or 8"??  I may have to trial and error by trying the 8".  Which would you suggest for a 5'11" person?

It may turn in to trial & error.  But knowing how the 6" fits my wife, I'd suggest that you go with the 8" first.

West Coast GTG   

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #398 on: November 20, 2009, 06:25:59 PM »

I have the 6.5" and I look way over it, but that is what sutis me and I am vertically challenged :)

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #399 on: November 20, 2009, 06:32:14 PM »

Ok... I ordered the 8".  Thanks for the info.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #400 on: November 20, 2009, 08:21:57 PM »

Keep us posted.....let us know how it works for you.  Did you go with the dark tint or smoke?

West Coast GTG   

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #401 on: November 20, 2009, 09:41:14 PM »

I went with the smoke.  I do like the look of the darker tint more and may have to get a dark one in the future.

Keep us posted.....let us know how it works for you.  Did you go with the dark tint or smoke?

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #402 on: November 21, 2009, 07:57:19 PM »

JCZ-

I just installed the Kury lic. plate mount.....looks outstanding!  How were you able to remove the reflectors from the front forks without damaging the chrome?  The same goes with the reflector inserts on the saddle bag latches?
Mods:
Mirror Chrome Agitator Wheels
Freedom Racing Duals
C&C Seat (Squeeter's Revenge)
Hawg Wired "Double Shots"
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
HD Chrome Accents on gauges/radio
Tune Trapper Antenna (hidden)
Riders Claw
Footboard/Passenger Extensions
SE Shift Linkage
Joker Machine Saddlebag Latches
Ness Flame Grips (billet)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #403 on: November 21, 2009, 08:13:14 PM »

JCZ-

I just installed the Kury lic. plate mount.....looks outstanding!  How were you able to remove the reflectors from the front forks without damaging the chrome?  The same goes with the reflector inserts on the saddle bag latches?

Use a little heat on the front fork reflectors to loosen the adhesive and they will come off. Then break out the goo gone.

Drill a small hole in the center of the saddlebag reflector and use a pick and it will come out. Most likely in pieces, but it will come out. Watch your eyes when doing this one. If you go at it from the outside corners you may damage the latch itself.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 08:15:00 PM by mjb765 »

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #404 on: November 21, 2009, 09:03:07 PM »

JCZ-

I just installed the Kury lic. plate mount.....looks outstanding!  How were you able to remove the reflectors from the front forks without damaging the chrome?  The same goes with the reflector inserts on the saddle bag latches?
:worthless:
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 49

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.