Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 49

Author Topic: JCZ mods have begun.......  (Read 170981 times)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: JCZ mods have begun.......
« Reply #675 on: August 29, 2010, 08:51:22 PM »

Hers or mine?  Both different but not sure how to describe a noise or a sound.  Let me just say that both sounded different from the norm.

I've got a whining noise coming from my primary and the dealer says it might just be that the chain tensioner is a bit tight, but says all is OK.....but it bothers me. I don't want anything worse to happen...but on the other hand if it blows up it is under warranty.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #676 on: August 29, 2010, 10:33:17 PM »

I've got a whining noise coming from my primary and the dealer says it might just be that the chain tensioner is a bit tight, but says all is OK.....but it bothers me. I don't want anything worse to happen...but on the other hand if it blows up it is under warranty.

Second opinion certainly can't hurt.....take it to another dealership. :nixweiss: 

Are there any other 110s around you that you can hear to see if there's is the same as yours?

Yes, it's great that they went to a two year warranty, a few years back.  In the days of the one year warranty we couldn't afford to let anything slide for even a few weeks.

Did you get that doucmented at your dealer or was that verbal?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #677 on: August 30, 2010, 12:10:43 PM »

Verbal...unfortunately....it was just a "could you listen to this for a minute" type of thing while I was in there one day.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #678 on: August 30, 2010, 02:17:37 PM »

Let me just say that mine doesn't "whine" or make any other kind of noise now....that's out of the ordinary.

I'd at least take it in as a warranty call and get it documented that it's "nothing to be concerned about". :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #679 on: November 23, 2010, 02:18:27 PM »

Went over to Jim's today.  He installed the chrome calipers for me......thanks Jim.

What do you guys think?  I think it's much better now! :2vrolijk_21:

I know it's dirty.........rode in the rain several times today. :nixweiss:

I'm surprised that somebody with a 10 SESG hasn't jumped on this wheel swap......   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=56436.0

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #680 on: November 23, 2010, 02:20:37 PM »

I meant to attach this link for photo purposes of the 09 SERG Blade wheel on my 10 SESG......   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.msg687034#msg687034

West Coast GTG   

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #681 on: November 23, 2010, 03:00:59 PM »

Had I not just installed chrome wheels I would've.

Perhaps the shipping would also be prohibitive? Gotta think there is a local SESG rider interested  :nixweiss:
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Summer Rain" 07/24/1963 - 07/07/2010

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 - Cherry Red w/ Flames and Glass Eyed Skulls
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTK - Cherry Red Sunglo / Merlot Sunglo w/ Flamin' Eagle Theme
« Reply #682 on: December 22, 2010, 12:45:50 AM »

While we are on the compensator, can anyone confirm that the 2011's do indeed come with the upgraded version?

Not sure if this is still a needed confirmation, but I picked up a 2011 FLHTK which developed a problem in the primary right at the get go (seal around the starter shaft wasn't installed properly at the factory).  When the opened her up, found the compensator was also not seated right and looked to have extensive wear.  It interestingly enough was the upgraded SE compenstator.

Was informed that all the 11s have the SE compensator installed, and that the older version had a high failure rate.  They were a bit worried though since mine was showing signs of failure and was already the upgraded part.  They believed the factory just didn't install it right.

Anyhow, no issues with the replacement part and I got to upgrade the inner primary for the cost of the part to boot.
2009 FXSTSSE3
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Chubby Drag Bars/V&H 2-1 Big Radius/ThunderMax

2011 FLHTK
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Bagger Bars
V&H Duals w/ M. Ovals, Ness AC, PC-V Auto Tune and SEPST Base Tune
V&H ThrottlePak
SE Pro Stage III - 10.5:1, SE259E
HD Mirrors w/ LED Aux Running
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Zumo 665 - Fairing Mnt - NIM
Boom Audio Spks, Amp, Bass Booster
Chromed Out

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #683 on: January 08, 2011, 09:46:03 AM »

Have 24,000 miles on my 10 SESG now.  No more issues with the compensator since it was replaced.  And now it's time to go ride! :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #684 on: May 13, 2011, 10:50:05 PM »

Some of you know that on our return from Ariz. Bike Week a few weeks back I heard a noise....sounded like top end, maybe valve train noise.  Not to concerned since I've read many complaints of that from other 110" owners....I just thought it took me 30,000 miles to get there. 

Three weeks ago we headed to L.A. and I heard a totally different noise.....it didn't sound good.  Took it to Jim and he confirmed that "yes, there's definately something going on in there.....better get it checked out".   

Took it to the dealership and they told me "that's normal for a 110".  I told them "it might be normal for your 110, I put 30,000 miles on my bike and I'm telling you that is not normal".  They pulled the heads and cylinders the next day and the rods stayed standing stright up.  They called the MoCo and ws authorized a rebuild to include new flywheels amongst other parts.

I talked to them.....and after a warning that they'd no longer be warrantied, I took the flywheels to the machine shop to get them plugged, welded and balanced.  I also told them that I wanted the temking bearing conversion done so I had to pay for that as well.  The MoCo paid for all the other parts and labor.  Hopefully, I'll have a motor that will run more than another 30k miles.

The dealership had a very fast turn around and I've already begun the break in miles. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

Chuck Pryor

• Elite CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 09 SERG Silver/Titanium
    • CVO2: 86 FLST
« Reply #685 on: May 13, 2011, 11:07:32 PM »

Some of you know that on our return from Ariz. Bike Week a few weeks back I heard a noise....sounded like top end, maybe valve train noise.  Not to concerned since I've read many complaints of that from other 110" owners....I just thought it took me 30,000 miles to get there. 

Three weeks ago we headed to L.A. and I heard a totally different noise.....it didn't sound good.  Took it to Jim and he confirmed that "yes, there's definately something going on in there.....better get it checked out".   

Took it to the dealership and they told me "that's normal for a 110".  I told them "it might be normal for your 110, I put 30,000 miles on my bike and I'm telling you that is not normal".  They pulled the heads and cylinders the next day and the rods stayed standing stright up.  They called the MoCo and ws authorized a rebuild to include new flywheels amongst other parts.

I talked to them.....and after a warning that they'd no longer be warrantied, I took the flywheels to the machine shop to get them plugged, welded and balanced.  I also told them that I wanted the temking bearing conversion done so I had to pay for that as well.  The MoCo paid for all the other parts and labor.  Hopefully, I'll have a motor that will run more than another 30k miles.

The dealership had a very fast turn around and I've already begun the break in miles. :2vrolijk_21:

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #686 on: May 14, 2011, 11:57:31 AM »

JC

Sorry to hear about you troubles. I was hoping the 110's were a more reliable by now. (Hey HD, how about a reliable crank for our motors - you know you can do it) However it sounds like you have a great plan on fixing her up for many future miles. Good luck with her for the future.  These are great riding machines.  :2vrolijk_21: to your next 30,000!

JW

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #687 on: May 14, 2011, 11:00:26 PM »

Just got home from San Jose......have about 350 miles on it now.   Also got it on the dyno.....no significant changes there.  All the strange noises (including those that I thought were valave train noise, when we returned from Ariz. Bike week) are gone. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #688 on: May 15, 2011, 03:41:06 PM »

Glad to hear your back up and running!   :2vrolijk_21:
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #689 on: May 15, 2011, 04:44:57 PM »

Just got home from San Jose......have about 350 miles on it now.   Also got it on the dyno.....no significant changes there.  All the strange noises (including those that I thought were valave train noise, when we returned from Ariz. Bike week) are gone. :2vrolijk_21:

:2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 49

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.