Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49

Author Topic: JCZ mods have begun.......  (Read 171008 times)

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
Re: JCZ mods have begun.......
« Reply #690 on: May 15, 2011, 09:30:38 PM »

Glad to hear they got everything fixed JC!

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #691 on: May 17, 2011, 07:38:10 AM »

I'm happy that it's looking good.  Hopefully nothing but miles and smiles ahead for you.   :2vrolijk_21:

nuckelhead

• Full CVO Member
  • if it ain't broke... take it off and chrome it!!!!

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 KRYPTONITE / BLACK DIAMOND
« Reply #692 on: May 17, 2011, 09:11:42 PM »

Looks good..I have 2 questiuons for ya. What is the part # for the lic plate frame--I NEED THAT ON MINE!!!!! I found lic plate frames on the site, but not the one with the LED's

and--are you going to do the magnetic covers for the docking hardware? I put those on mine and it covers them up nicely.

i agree.  bought the black set for my Krypto last week.  best $24 bucks i've spent on the bike.
everything i own has been stolen and then replaced with exact replicas....

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #693 on: May 18, 2011, 06:28:25 PM »

JC

It's been 5 days or so since the repair. I figure this is somewhere around 3000 miles the way you ride!  ;D How's it performing?

JW

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #694 on: May 18, 2011, 06:32:36 PM »

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:  In another post I saw where somebody said something about 400 miles being a good weekend ride.  I thought to myself "yep...would be....for some.  For the rest of us it'd be a good day ride".

It seems to be fine.  I've cranked it on up there a couple of times....everything seems fine at this point.  But I'll take a wait and see attitude.  Going for an oil change after work tomorrow.

For the record....I believe an extended warranty is money well spent! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #695 on: May 18, 2011, 06:36:06 PM »

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:  In another post I saw where somebody said something about 400 miles being a good weekend ride.  I thought to myself "yep...would be....for some.  For the rest of us it'd be a good day ride".

It seems to be fine.  I've cranked it on up there a couple of times....everything seems fine at this point.  But I'll take a wait and see attitude.  Going for an oil change after work tomorrow.

For the record....I believe an extended warranty is money well spent! :2vrolijk_21:

Glad to hear she's sounding good. I'm certain you'll get her what she needs.

My ESP has paid for itself with Lexi, that's a given. I will be picking one up for the SESG too.  :2vrolijk_21:

JW

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #696 on: June 02, 2011, 11:20:11 PM »

Well I got new flywheels, welded and balanced and put about 400 miles on it that first weekend.  Took it to the dealership to get an oil change....everything was fine (I thought).

Picked it up later that evening, fired it up and rode it out the door.  Stopped and put it in neutral to put my helmet on and all of a sudden I heard a terrible knocking noise (I thought it was coming from the front of the primary).  They heard it too and wheeled it back inside.

I get a call the next day, they changed all the lifters but still had the noise so they were going to remove the heads.  Cracked valve guide one head (it was actually loose and moving around just by shaking the head) and bad seals in the other head......so two new heads courtesy of the MoCo.

I rode the bike out the door this evening and immediatly I noticed a difference....big time.  This motor is quiet and smooth throughout the power band.....even seems to me to be a bit more torquey.  I can't wait to get it back on the dyno now.  I hate to get to excited or to relaxed about it but I can't help myself.....I am very excited.  I told Terrie it feels like I got a new bike....the motor is actually quieter and smoother than at any point in the prior 30k miles. 

The smoother probably comes from the balanced flywheels while I think the "quieter" is due to the new heads.  But I don't think it was this quiet when it was new.  I'm talking about the motor noise, not the exhaust.  20 miles home from the dealership and all open farm land so I played every mile of it.....just couldn't help myself. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #697 on: June 03, 2011, 12:35:00 AM »

Congratulations JC.....rock and roll :2vrolijk_21:
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #698 on: June 04, 2011, 06:33:08 AM »

Sounds great JC.   Hope the headaches are gone from now on.  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 07:26:42 AM by cvostu »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #699 on: June 04, 2011, 07:10:49 AM »

JC, good to read that your scooter is finally fixed and you're a happy rider again.  Too bad these things still are not good for more than a few casual miles without having to have major mechanical work done.  They seem to be building them for sunday riders and count on no one really racking up the miles until they're way outta warrenty.  I just can't believe that they couldn't do better with the correct emphasis from the top down.......but, it is what it is and sounds like you've figured out how to deal with it.  Thanks for sharing for us all. ;)  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #700 on: June 04, 2011, 10:22:35 AM »

Exactly what I was telling Jim yesterday, Spyder.  It's a very comfortable, relaxed (almost confident) feeling that for the first time something inside feels like it's smooth, quiet, the way it should have came from the MoCo. 

I bought the 7 yr. extended service agreement and at my age, I plan on wringing the miles out of this bike while I'm still able to do it.  I now feel confident that I have a motor that can stand up to it. :2vrolijk_21:

If, for any reason,  any of you have to tear your motor down, I'd strongly suggest the welding and balancing of the flywheels and the tepkin bearings upgrade. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #701 on: June 04, 2011, 10:26:01 AM »

I just hope I never have to need it :(

JZ3

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE (Candy Concord)
« Reply #702 on: June 15, 2011, 11:21:31 AM »

A question or two for JCZ, or any other forum members setup with the Corbin Solo seat and King Tour Pak.  JCZ, I noticed on your posts/pics you opted for the Corbin standard ovalback rider's backrest.  I am considering the larger Corbin ovalback backrest on the solo seat but have concerns that it may be too big for the look of the bike (although may add additional comfort).  Did you consider the larger one or have the opportunity to see what it looked like on the bike when you were at the Corbin drive-in storefront? 

I also noticed from your posts you have both the solo/2up mount for the King Tour Pak, but in your pics you don't have the backrest attached in the solo configuration.  Is this just preference or will it not fit with the solo mount?  If you don't use the pad velcroed to the bottom of the tour pak is their enough clearence for the ovalback rider's backrest when utilizing the solo mount for the tour pak?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #703 on: June 16, 2011, 02:13:20 AM »

A number of SESG owners have the same seat.....maybe they'll post their pics up.

I did try the larger backreast but prefer the one that I have.  Yes, I have the solo position tour pack rack mounted right now and yes, I use the Corbin rider's backrest with the tour pack in either position.  I tried it with just the pad velcroed to the tour pack but that didn't provide enough support far enough forward (and down low) so I just use the rider's backrest. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #704 on: June 16, 2011, 10:48:25 AM »

Click on this link and scroll down to the second photo for a pic of my bike with the riders backrest on and the solo tour pack position......   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=63217.msg893066#msg893066   

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.