Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: seat bolt?  (Read 4283 times)

rogerutley

• Junior CVO Member
  • fxr3
seat bolt?
« on: September 01, 2009, 07:41:40 AM »

anyone know the exact part number on fxr3 detachable seat hardware? having trouble figuiring which one I need...  trying to order the correct one
fxr3

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
Re: seat bolt?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 10:27:20 AM »

anyone know the exact part number on fxr3 detachable seat hardware? having trouble figuiring which one I need...  trying to order the correct one

are you asking about the part number, or numbers, associated with the 'hinge' hardware ?

if so, which part of it are you looking for ?   There's 3 part numbers associated with that hardware .....

they are the same part numbers that have been used on all the FXR's .... dating back into the 1980's and all the way through the FXR4

I have those numbers around here somewhere ..... if that's what you're looking for
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 10:49:59 AM »

For FXR parts, I always check here:

http://www.elvisplace.com/parts/part.jsp?id=11812

This link will take you to the parts you want and he has listed the part numbers.

I bought my two piece flip open seat from Elvis, he is great to deal with.  I got the two piece button top seat with matching backrest for $220, almost new.  I also bought that stash tray to go under the seat to hold small items. 

The only part I did not get is the cable that keeps the seat from go over too far and hitting the side cover.  If you find that, please post.

NEW seat latch assembly and bracket/pin assembly for FXR seats. 52020-82 and 52355-82.

Any day on the bike is a good day.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 07:43:11 PM »

I assume that all the CVO FXR's have similar seat mounting. My BLUE3 doesn't use a hinge setup like the earlier FXR's. It has a traditional tab on the seat that gets screwed to the fender. My guess is he's asking for a quick release screw for that, instead of the Phillips head screw that comes with some bikes. My seat DID NOT have the quick release screw that was supposed to come with it, according to my Parts Manual. It matters cause the thread pitches are different for different models. The quick release screw P/N for an FXR3 is 3682, and the emblem P/N for it is 14628-96. And if this isn't what you're looking for, you need to explain yourself a lil better. Hope this helps. ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 09:35:29 PM »

I converted mine to the old style hinged setup.  Early HD had 1/4"-28, later from 1996 to present have 1/4"-20.
I guess I didn't think there is anything "quick release" about a standard seat hold down screw.    The FXR is 1994 vintage so its the 1/4-28.

CWBork44

• Candy Tangerine FXR4 as of 10/15/2013 :)

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
    • Caveman Radio
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 12:01:46 PM »

I converted mine to the old style hinged setup.  Early HD had 1/4"-28, later from 1996 to present have 1/4"-20.
I guess I didn't think there is anything "quick release" about a standard seat hold down screw.    The FXR is 1994 vintage so its the 1/4-28.

The previous owner of my '93 FXR installed one of those hideous mustang seats with the bolt...It won't be cheap for me to find a like-new, original button seat and hinge. Those button seats are super sweet.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 12:21:06 PM by CWBork44 »

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 06:01:21 PM »

The previous owner of my '93 FXR installed one of those hideous mustang seats with the bolt...It won't be cheap for me to find a like-new, original button seat and hinge. Those button seats are super sweet.

Here's one at Elvissplace.  $202 Great guy to deal with.  Here' just a few I found.

http://www.elvisplace.com/parts/part.jsp?id=10325  (looks new)

seat with hardware

http://www.elvisplace.com/parts/part.jsp?id=11279

Hardware, brand new $121

CWBork44

• Candy Tangerine FXR4 as of 10/15/2013 :)

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
    • Caveman Radio
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 09:09:14 PM »

Here's one at Elvissplace.  $202 Great guy to deal with.  Here' just a few I found.

http://www.elvisplace.com/parts/part.jsp?id=10325  (looks new)

seat with hardware

http://www.elvisplace.com/parts/part.jsp?id=11279

Hardware, brand new $121

Nice find, thanks....weird how they don't have the grab strap?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 04:31:59 PM »

Thanks for the info Phil. I just ordered the 2 hardware parts from Jenni for $108. I know my frame is setup for the hinge assembly. What do I need to do to the seat (if anything) to get my stock FXR3 seat to work with it? Thanks! :2vrolijk_21:

HeHe!!! BTW, FTGS!!! ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 20 queries.